Have spark, Have gas, Carburetors rebuilt, NO RUN!

More
20 Mar 2010 22:13 - 20 Mar 2010 22:14 #355079 by Patton
Here's a better pic of the pilot circuit (click on image) and suggestions for cleaning whereby the fuel and air passages may be assured to be clear.

When clear, and with fuel in the float bowls at the proper level, intake suction from the combustion chamber draws fuel from the carbs through the intake ports and valves into the combustion chamber.

A serious intake air leak, such as open vacuum nipples, diverts suction from the combustion chamber, thereby robbing suction from the pilot circuit.

Intake suction from the combustion chamber depends on correct valve clearances, proper seating of the valves in their seats, decent compression, and correct cam timing.

Good Fortune! :)

[click on image for best view.]

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Mar 2010 22:14 by Patton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2010 18:23 #357309 by Striker
connecting tubes to the atmospheric vents and blowing a little air in them while trying to start it, got me a start. This got me thinking that my floats may be a little too high. Not high enough to overflow but high enough to stop the venturi from happening, via the pilot jets. So if I lower the floats it should lower the amount of pressure needed to deliver fuel to the cylinders right? Right now doing the clear tube test they read high, but within acceptable levels.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.