Synth Blend and Sea Foam?

More
24 Jun 2009 20:46 - 24 Jun 2009 21:01 #301887 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Synth Blend and Sea Foam?
The FSM pictures don't clearly show the oil pan o-ring or the oil passage o-ring.

But the FSM specifies, Replace the oil passage o-ring and the oil pan o-ring. And also species, Pry out the o-ring and inspect it (which I believe refers to the oil passage o-ring).

Have so far been unable to locate a picture or diagram clearly showing these o-rings. Then again, maybe I'm misinterpreting the FSM, or just hallucinating. :S

Betcha initial diagnosis of clogged oil screen is correct, that the screen is clogged and disallowing sufficient oil into the pump.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 24 Jun 2009 21:01 by Patton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2009 21:22 - 24 Jun 2009 21:25 #301893 by Patton
o-ring part no. 92055048

scroll down to part no. 92055048:

Crankcase/oilpump O ring
Genuine Kawasaki O ring locates either between the Crankcase halves or between the oil pump and lower case half. Sold individually.

Not much help. :(

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 24 Jun 2009 21:25 by Patton.

More
24 Jun 2009 22:13 - 24 Jun 2009 22:21 #301899 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Synth Blend and Sea Foam?
I found these O rings for the '76 KZ900 (babbittsonline.com):

Associated with the oil filter and oil filter cover:

SKU: 671B25105
"0" RING,105MM

SKU: 92055-052
"O" RING,91MM

This one appears to go with the pump, but the drawing is not clear:

SKU: 92055-048
O RING,0.D=18MM

NOTE: the above 18 mm O ring is shown in two places, down by the pump and up near the assembly that is the filter bypass which is a spring loaded steel ball. I think this is the one to use to mount the pump with.

This O ring is the seal for the drain plug:

SKU: 670B2022
"O" RING,22MM

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 24 Jun 2009 22:21 by bountyhunter.

More
24 Jun 2009 22:19 #301903 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Synth Blend and Sea Foam?
Patton wrote:

o-ring part no. 92055048

scroll down to part no. 92055048:

Crankcase/oilpump O ring
Genuine Kawasaki O ring locates either between the Crankcase halves or between the oil pump and lower case half. Sold individually.

Not much help. :(

Actually, it makes sense:

"Crankcase/oilpump O ring
Genuine Kawasaki O ring locates either between the Crankcase halves or between the oil pump and lower case half. Sold individually."

It means the same O ring is used at both locations. One to seal the oil passage through the crankcase halves seam and one to seal the pump where it mounts to the crankcase.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
25 Jun 2009 06:42 #301948 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Synth Blend and Sea Foam?
OK guys I will sacrifice a Molson to Crom and Mitra in hopes of preventing a need to replace THOSE seals. :ohmy:
Two old coots do not need to be delving into those shennanigans! ;) Thanks again but I got to tell ya those senarios scare me more than a Stephen King script. If bro was here he'd be tearing it into little bitty pieces right now and I'd feel safer than a baby in a bank vault. I think all I'd have to do is mention that we might have to split the cases and my friend would flatline. :ohmy: He's already nervous despite my assurance I will be sitting right there in my chair with a beer and telling him what do do. :woohoo: Come on plugged screen!!! I guess we find out this weekend. :whistle:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
25 Jun 2009 07:22 - 25 Jun 2009 07:28 #301957 by Patton
bountyhunter wrote:

...O ring is used...to seal the oil passage through the crankcase halves seam and one to seal the pump where it mounts to the crankcase.

Am thinking FSM refers to the 0-ring sealing the pump where it mounts to the crankcase, and not the 0-ring sealing the oil passage through the crankcase halves.

Btw, I personally checked with Stephen King who's pretty sure it's just a clogged oil screen. And he suggested a nerve soothing beer for each old coot immediately before undertaking the project. :lol:

Might also help to assure that you're not merely advising and holding the chair down between beer runs, but fully expecting to hand him the proper tools as needed while he's lying down there on his back underneath the bike. :cheer:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 25 Jun 2009 07:28 by Patton.

More
25 Jun 2009 07:34 - 25 Jun 2009 07:38 #301959 by Locozuna
Patton wrote:

bountyhunter wrote:

Btw, I personally checked with Stephen King who's pretty sure it's just a clogged oil screen. And he suggested a nerve soothing beer for each old coot immediately before undertaking the project. :lol:

"a nerve soothing beer"? .....nothing about multiples huh? I have been told (and by a few here) that I got a lot of nerve. Might need more than one beer cause it's so BIG. :ohmy: I have seen a few interviews with SK and I think he does multiples. Aw hell if I get in over my head I'll just nuke the big ole nerve with a fat ole (CENSORED to protect your sensitive mind). :ohmy:

I might point and advise but he wears those powder blue mechanix proctologist gloves. I can't abide by them. It's not like I'm doing the dishes. Anybody here wear them? I can't. Most are too small just like cond....er...nevermind...

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
Last edit: 25 Jun 2009 07:38 by Locozuna.

More
25 Jun 2009 07:45 #301962 by Patton
I checked with him again, and learned about the highly preferred mutiple beer technique, which basically involves just working real slow.:lol:

He also suggested not handing any tools, thereby affording a fresh beer opportunity with every tool change. :lol:

Now, bring on that frik'n 0-ring! :laugh:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
25 Jun 2009 07:54 #301963 by Patton
Reminds one of the WWII psycho-warfare intimidation technique where packages of huge over-sized condoms were "accidentally" air-dropped to the Allied GI's over enemy territory. :laugh: :laugh:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
25 Jun 2009 08:39 #301977 by Locozuna
Patton wrote:

Reminds one of the WWII psycho-warfare intimidation technique where packages of huge over-sized condoms were "accidentally" air-dropped to the Allied GI's over enemy territory. :laugh: :laugh:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:
No wonder the ladies in the occupied towns were cheering on the GI's! Ingenious incentive! Demoralizing the enemy troops while spiriting the fairer sex to cheerleading your team. Sure beats Bob Hope and the USO.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
25 Jun 2009 08:56 #301981 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Synth Blend and Sea Foam?
Locozuna wrote:

Thank ya kindly guys. I agree in that I believe it to an obstruction and not the pump. But I think he'd pitch a fit if the bike took too long to fix so I'm just coverin' him.

Pitch a fit if it took to long to fix :laugh: :laugh:
He will be pitching the bike if he keeps running it with no oil pressure. His douching might do more harm than good. No pressure no douch. Hope you find the culprit.
A hardhat that holds two beers will help you get the tools to him faster also. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
25 Jun 2009 10:05 #301988 by Locozuna
No. no he's not running it. In fact it's in my garage since it will be done here. I got's the tools plus air assistance. Old scutters needs all the assistance we can get hense the liquid enabler. As soon as I heard the top end getting louder I shut it down and wouldn't let him start it again until we get to the bottom of it(sic). That two can hat is an idea tho. ;) Hmmmmm How much liquid does one of those camelback backpacks hold? :blink:

Here's mine but it looks like she forgot yours...again!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied