KZ900 69.25mm two (2) ring pistons - anyone?

More
20 Jun 2009 10:11 - 20 Jun 2009 10:12 #300900 by KruZer
:laugh:
Great stories Jay..Now you'll have a second chance to get your decal on a LSR bike going for a record..don't let this opportunity pass you by!:woohoo:

I think both you and KZZ1p are right, the pistons seem to be Yosh. If that information I should be able to source a couple of sets of rings.

Jay, I'll be stoping by your shop on Monday to drop off a crank for welding and a main cap to be machined down.

Thanks again for all the information on the pistons.

Buzz (aka Vegas Ron)

*1977 1000, 1975 KZ998 LSR bike.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2009 10:12 by KruZer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
20 Jun 2009 21:12 - 21 Jun 2009 00:29 #300995 by kzz1p
Aha, that bike is jacked! I saw it on TV when he got, spit off, of it. It was ugly!

I saw it on display. I looked at it for a long, long time!

Sorry Buzz, to steal your thread. I just wanted to talk too, uncle Jay for a minute.

Dear: Uncle Jay,
This is my customer/view point for whatever it's worth.

(NOTE- we are not buying or selling parts on this thread)

Here is my feelings on the APE stickers. Most bike people have one on their tool box! (I do not have one on my NEW tool box{this is a hint})I have saved a spot, larryC did not respond to my request. Your next on my list!

Some guys put an APE sticker on their bikes to be cool. Their reward is, fooling others or advertising or just being cool.

Some guys put no stickers on their bike. Because they don't want to tip their hand or advertise for someone else for free.

Some guys with a real race resume, put on stickers as part of a support program or to win something at the races.

Okay, every magazine we open, has a bike somewhere in it, with an APE sticker.(good advertising & good bussiness)

When I cruz your web site, I look at all the parts and read whatever suites my interest. I don't seal APE photos for this site. I simplely transfer them to our site, to benifit your company. (advertising,education and sales)
*That alone should be worth a box of stickers*

So I see your APE stickers alot more then most people.
Somehow I think about that logo, it stays in the back of my mind. It got me started thinking about , what I know about APE.

You have been in bussiness since dirt was invented.

You produce one of the best product lines, in the world.

You sell parts world wide.

Your parts and stickers are on some of the fastest bikes, in the world. And yes, we all know that APE would try to put, a Moped in the 6's.

I called your shop about 4 or 5 months ago, to get some cam specs. I talked to a younger guy, he went the whole 9 yards to help me. I think you should know by now, I don't accept quick answers. He asked me to hold for a minute, when he returned, he said, that he had to go and get the book from the shop. After that, he got busy! He told me about every cam, with full specs and prices. He did not give me a bunch of lame answers, BS or I don't know's, nor did I have to pull teeth, to get answers, out of him. I was very impressed and greatfull.

One day, I thought of a contest or perhaps a photo board for APE. (I am selling my idea, for one APE sticker)

About six months ago, I moved from Hanford, cailf. (you may know where it's at)

The local news paper does the same thing every year. It is called something like?? "Where did you go on your summer vacation" As people travel, they take the news paper with them, they are photographed holding the paper. Photos come in, from around the world.

I am thinking "Where has your APE sticker been" Let people from around the world, send a picture, of them and their bike with an APE sticker on it.

That would be very interesting to see. How far, has some of your stuff has traveled? This will give the little guy a chance, to be reconized. Perhaps you could give away some tee shirts, for thier photo rights. You could use them for advertizing or whatever you chose to do with them.

(just like a photo contest, where all photos must have a photo or model release. If you lose the contest, the photo still belongs to whoever started the contest. They turn around and sell them for $$$ and the losers, are ass-out on the deal)

You could chose one winner per month. Or you could chose a man and a woman each month. If you wanted to take it to the next level, a short story on each person.

We are the pennies, that make your dollars...........John

PS- If I come to your shop, on a field trip, can I touch everything in the place? I want to see everything, touch everything and talk to everyone. Then if I must, I will buy a sticker...................
Last edit: 21 Jun 2009 00:29 by kzz1p.

More
20 Jun 2009 21:32 #301002 by KruZer
KZZ1P,

No problem mixing up the thread.

Jay and his wife are great people and alway a pleasure to do business with.

I started buying from APE in 1988 when APE was in the tiny Burbank building.

Building bikes is just a part time hobby for me. I may not see Jay for a year or two but when I walk in the door it's just like I was there yesterday.

I buy from APE for two reasons; the owners and the quality of the products, both are without a doubt Top of the Line!

(Okay now Jay, do I get that sponsorship? :huh: )

Buzz

More
20 Jun 2009 22:41 #301013 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic KZ900 69.25mm two (2) ring pistons - anyone?
get in line i have been using ape products for years and i don't even have one sticker from them or a sponsership deal jay you guy's should put stickers in your packaging like some of the other outfits do {i wont mention names}.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

• kzz1p
  • User
More
20 Jun 2009 22:46 #301015 by kzz1p
KruZer wrote:

KZZ1P,

No problem mixing up the thread.

Jay and his wife are great people and alway a pleasure to do business with.

I started buying from APE in 1988 when APE was in the tiny Burbank building.

Building bikes is just a part time hobby for me. I may not see Jay for a year or two but when I walk in the door it's just like I was there yesterday.

I buy from APE for two reasons; the owners and the quality of the products, both are without a doubt Top of the Line!

(Okay now Jay, do I get that sponsorship? :huh: )

Buzz

I think he should! or maybe half. WAIT, lets see how he does with the stickers. HAHA!
That would be a good online project, we all could learn from.
Buzz, when Jay was talking about the shot, of his logo on TV, it reminded me of my suggestion. Once again, sorry!
If it will make you feel better, I will start a thread on "Why Jay should Sponsor you" Oh, there would be some creative input, for sure!

PS- You tell him, I would like an APE tee shirt for Christmas. Please remind him, my size is XXXL.
Anyone else, that would like to be on Uncle Jay's christmas list, we are now taking orders.(There will be no UPS, Fed X or mail delivery. You must pick it up yourself at his shop, in California.) Please bring cash, he's got some nice stuff.

PSS- I should be able to cover my whole bike, in stickers by now. I hate to admitt it, I put mine on the bottom of the seat............

• kzz1p
  • User
More
21 Jun 2009 00:24 #301025 by kzz1p
timebomb33 wrote:

get in line i have been using ape products for years and i don't even have one sticker from them or a sponsership deal jay you guy's should put stickers in your packaging like some of the other outfits do {i wont mention names}.

You didn't say, "Uncle may I"

More
21 Jun 2009 14:38 #301117 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic KZ900 69.25mm two (2) ring pistons - anyone?
not that i'm suckholing but if you send me a couple of the bigger stickers for my trailer and some for the bikes i'd put them on for you.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

• kzz1p
  • User
More
22 Jun 2009 00:12 #301250 by kzz1p
timebomb33 wrote:

not that i'm suckholing but if you send me a couple of the bigger stickers for my trailer and some for the bikes i'd put them on for you.

TB
A couple of stickers?, get in the back of the line, Hoss! Thats child play!

More
22 Jun 2009 08:26 #301315 by Lt.Dan
Yoshimura made 2 ring pistons, but those pistons look like they might be MTC's

More
22 Jun 2009 20:54 - 22 Jun 2009 20:56 #301466 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic KZ900 69.25mm two (2) ring pistons - anyone?
OK, Ill post this here, but maybe I should start a new thread.

To get free APE stickers, e-mail me at jay@aperaceparts.com Title your mail APE Stickers

Include your name and address in the body.

Jay

P.S. Ron; Dianne says Hi and thanks for the kind words.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2009 20:56 by APE Jay.

More
23 Jun 2009 09:44 - 23 Jun 2009 09:47 #301532 by Jack
Lt.Dan wrote:

Yoshimura made 2 ring pistons, but those pistons look like they might be MTC's

Agreed, the Yosh 2 ring slippper pistons I had featured much smaller skirts.For rings you might want to try www.totalseal.com - I've had good luck finding rings for old MTC pistons there before.

79 KZ 1075 MKll
79 KZ 1500 MKll dragbike
Gone but not forgotten:
3 X 73 Z1's
1 X 74 Z1A
1 X 75 Z1B
Last edit: 23 Jun 2009 09:47 by Jack.

More
23 Jun 2009 10:59 #301549 by KruZer
Thanks Jay, and Hi back to Dianne.

I stopped by yesterday and dropped off a couple of parts for machining, didnt' know you weren't doing crank welding anymore. I think you were on the phone whle I was there and I was late getting down to Van Nuys so couldn't stick around to say Hi.
See you in a week or so when I pick up my parts.

Buzz