• Calhoun
  • User
  • Hayabusa= I ride to the strip club in flip flops
More
16 Jun 2009 18:44 #299742 by Calhoun
Replied by Calhoun on topic Building a engine for around 2K$

80 IT175, 84 XL200, XT250, 95 ST1100 96 xr650l (30k miles),kz1000, KX250 97'
Last and most important 93 KX500.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
16 Jun 2009 19:16 - 16 Jun 2009 19:22 #299759 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic Building a engine for around 2K$
Old Man Rock wrote:

As I agree with pretty much everything you wrote but this..."There are hundreds of races won every year, without the use of math, physics or pen and paper."...

Don't fool yourself, these old timers know these numbers, how this gearing works, how all these factors come into play...

For these new & young teams, computer does it for them..... :laugh:

Dave

I agree, it is called, Experience!
Experience can do things a computer never even heard of.
Us common people, gave Kawasaki engineers, a lesson or two over the years. Without our experience and experiences, the new bikes, would only be a wet dream.

When I gave my opinion about a $2000 budget/motor, It wasn't a guess. It was my experience speaking.

OMR there isn't alot of differeance between your motor and the one I suggested. .040" less bore, just a little less cam. As for the compression, I would bump the stock pistons up to 9.75:1 (1.4 less then yours) Now with the flat dome stock pistons, I will gain flame travel. Both motors will turn the same rpm's. Mine would have more down low torque.
As for the speeds you estimated for your bike, I think your low on your figures. I know through my experience, the motor I have suggested, will roll faster then that.

A guy with good experience, can tell you the minamal parts needed, for a good motor.

This is not my opinion, but my experience! I have been a slow learner, it has taken me since 1978, to get this far.

It sounds like you have been gaining, some good experience with your new motor, keep it up, good for you!
Last edit: 16 Jun 2009 19:22 by kzz1p.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.