82 kz1000p wont start after top end rebuild

More
16 May 2009 04:31 #291602 by Dragone
Replied by Dragone on topic 82 kz1000p wont start after top end rebuild
Congrats on the tune of things. Yes, details after the ride would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jswag5
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • whats the big deal about harley, i prefer 4 cyls!!
More
16 May 2009 20:48 #291790 by jswag5
Replied by jswag5 on topic 82 kz1000p wont start after top end rebuild
other than some excess valve ticking that developed after a few minutes of hard riding, and a little excessive fuel comsumption the bike ran great all day, starts easy cold or warm, scary fast throttle response. thatnks for all the help you guys have given me, also i installed my CEE Baileys windshield too, and it just makes the bike look awesome!!!!!

got a lead on a tour box im going to look into as well as installing the passenger seat and footpegs that i already have. after that ill polish it up and get some fresh pics up for you all to see.

82 kz1000p
83 yammie xj750mk bobber
78 honda cx500 standard cafe
RECENT 81 honda goldwing(barn fresh with 15000 on the clock)
if you cant fix it with a hammer and duct tape, get a bigger hammer and more duct tape!!

• jswag5
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • whats the big deal about harley, i prefer 4 cyls!!
More
08 Aug 2009 20:37 - 08 Aug 2009 20:37 #312547 by jswag5
Replied by jswag5 on topic 82 kz1000p wont start after top end rebuild
its hard to believe that only 3 months ago i was fighting to get this thing running, and after the 1200 mile trip i just took on it it has to be parked again.

drive chain is to the point of being unsafe, but thats not bad for the fact ive put at least 8k on the bike since i got it, and the chain was a few years old already, hope this isnt going to be a once a season thing changing out the chain, cause if so im gunna have to find me one of these in a shafty to ride on.

BTW the engine has been holding up nicely, havent done aything to it cept change the oil and filter, the only problem ive noticed is it burns a little oil, especially during a cold and warm startup, restarting hot it doesnt smoke, but cold and warm it does. thinking the valve seals i put in didnt get seated properly.

gunna find a welder to fix my old head, then port and polish it and fix a few thread holes, put new valves and stems in it so when winter comes or when the bike hits storage i can swap them out quick(i got to the point that i can remove and reinstall a new head in a matter of a couple hours, kinda scary, but useful in a pinch).

82 kz1000p
83 yammie xj750mk bobber
78 honda cx500 standard cafe
RECENT 81 honda goldwing(barn fresh with 15000 on the clock)
if you cant fix it with a hammer and duct tape, get a bigger hammer and more duct tape!!
Last edit: 08 Aug 2009 20:37 by jswag5.