Value of a performance build

More
17 Mar 2009 05:16 #272673 by Genros
Replied by Genros on topic Value of a performance build
DUDE! are you kidding me. Your words (compiled with others) were what held me up from sending over my deposit, and now you go and "look at it for me" and buy it. That like ou checkin up on my wife while im at war and sleepin with her. I will leave you with this. AND this is as bad as it gets in my bike world. I DO wish bad karma on you for that. Good bye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2009 06:51 #272692 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Value of a performance build
That aint right.....

More
17 Mar 2009 07:00 #272695 by Genros
I agree,

Oh I forgot to thank him for going and checking out for me. Way to look out for a bro

More
17 Mar 2009 08:55 #272726 by kaw-62046
Replied by kaw-62046 on topic Value of a performance build
We need to Black ball this guy from this form!! That is bull shit to do this,My word means more to me than screwing some one over on a bike.

More
17 Mar 2009 10:00 #272747 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Value of a performance build
Genros wrote:

DUDE! are you kidding me. Your words (compiled with others) were what held me up from sending over my deposit, and now you go and "look at it for me" and buy it. That like ou checkin up on my wife while im at war and sleepin with her. I will leave you with this. AND this is as bad as it gets in my bike world. I DO wish bad karma on you for that. Good bye

DUDE,
You didn't read the whole post. C'mon man. I would not do that to a fellow kaw lover. I have my own two kaws to love and adore and if you looked at pics of my bike you will see they look nicer than that bike did.
lol I was trying to get you worked up for a second and look what happens? You didn't read on.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
17 Mar 2009 10:02 #272748 by saxjonz
Did any of you guys read my post completely before you ripped my nuts out? If you had you would have had a little laugh. I haven't even had a chance to go by and check that bike out. Do you think I would have gone and done that after our little conversation after what happened to me with this guy?! Seriously?

79 LTD B3

More
17 Mar 2009 10:20 #272749 by Genros
Sax,

I went and re-read your post and I still dont understand.
If it didnt happen then I shall recall my bullet here and now. My apoligies. If it did happen, then, well you now how I felt.

I recall my Karma wish

peace

More
17 Mar 2009 12:19 #272771 by kaw-62046
OK,tell us the whole story on the bike,did you get it or is it still for sale.

More
17 Mar 2009 15:56 #272812 by saxjonz
kaw-62046 wrote:

OK,tell us the whole story on the bike,did you get it or is it still for sale.

This guy genros was talking about buying some bike earlier on in the post. I made mention that it would be better to buy from someone not a DEALER as they always mark up stuff crazy style. My friend paid four grand for a rat that wasn't worth 400. So I mentioned a dealing with this guy who has said bike for sale. And coincidentally it happened to be the guy selling the bike. I don't trust this guy and I would NEVER buy a thing from this rat.
Genros was considering buying this bike from him. I advised him against the bike as he only saw pictures of the bike.
Then when he said it sold he asked me about buying the zx14 told him I broke the contract and jokingly mentioned that I found a better deal the "kosman" bike instead as joke and only a joke. Well, apparently he didn't read on in the post where I told him I was joking and that he would be better off fixing up his old kaw instead that with that kind of money he could get it much nicer. I mentioned he have Larry Cavanough do the engine and get the frame powdercoated.
I told him I would go by and check it out and take good pics for him. I was going to go by the guy's shop to take pictures for him but with my work and house (basement flooded) I haven't had time to breath so I never got a chance to go and look at the bike for this guy but he thought I bought it from this guy. Which why would I the guy screwed me on some work I had done and I know some other people that got the shaft as well. Point blank the guy seemed set on buying this bike so I was going to look at it for him. Just to give him an honest opinion. I was going to do that for him to ensure he didn't get a beating that he didn't deserve. I never got the chance to go look at that bike and I guess I won't now the bike is sold. That's all. Please forgive me for the one line joke meant to startle and then relieve. Also for not being able to get over there to look at said bike. I had major and I mean major flooding in my basement and it took me all friggin weekend and then the next day to finally get all the water out and two more days to dry out and then more time after that to sort through the stuff that was still good. I would never screw anyone over like that ever! Nor have I ever. I would never to do to a fellow kz rider anything I would never appreciate in return.
The only nice thing about that bike were the rims and the kosman plate that for the street I feel doesn't even warrant any attention as necessary. If anything although now that I won't get a chance to check out that bike I saved him a headache. I am not the only guy to give this guy a bad rep and for a real reason. This didn't persuade him away from potentially getting a sour taste in his mouth. It's most likely good karma that saved him from a 10,000 dollar mistake.

79 LTD B3

More
17 Mar 2009 16:09 #272816 by saxjonz
saxjonz wrote:

Genros wrote:

So it appears someone liked the bike more than I, I went online Saturday to get the information to send in my deposit and the website says it is SOLD.I will call him today to see whats up. (IM bummed) I thought at that price it would sell fast. I slept on it and I appear to maybe have lost. Guess now the search is on.
The zx 14 huh, I purchased the first one in the neiborhood back in 06. Crazy fast, The power is scary smooth. I have to say, I have more fun throwing around the old bike. I sold my zx14 about six months after i purchased it.

If nothing else (another bike) pops up I am guessing I will be buying a swingarms and having a set of custom wheels fab'd to get started. (man i am bummed) I am not a patient guy. i was hoping to be riding this spring/summer

Well, I don't know now if I am happy or dissatisfied about breaking the contract.
HERE I WAS TALKING ABOUT BREAKING MY CONTRACT WITH THE ZX14 AS THE MONEY I WOULD HAVE SPENT 10495 OTD TO BE EXACT WAS GOING TO PUT ME IN A BIND WITH THE REPAIRS ON MY HOUSE. WHY WOULD I SPEND IT ON AN OLD BIKE IF I ALREADY HAVE TWO AND ONE I THINK IN NICER SHAPE THAN THAT ONE IS. SORRY I DIDN'T CLARIFY SO NOW IN RETROSPECT I GUESS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN MISLEADING

I had issues with flooding in my basement that weekend or the bike would be sitting in my garage. I still have a few bills to pay.
REASON WHY I DIDN'T GET THE ZX14
I have to be honest with you. I went to go and look at the bike for you and it was so nice I made him an offer and he accepted.
NOT SO FUNNY JOKE HA HA NA NA
The zx 14 was really nice and I think if I bought it I would have loved it yet for now I am glad I have the kosman bike instead. CONTINUATION OF BAD JOKE

I am fixing up MY old bike and that is what YOU should do with YOURS. THIS IS WHERE I THINK YOU MISSED WHAT I WROTE. I don't think you lost out. I saw better bikes go for less. HONESTLY FOR SURE I HAVE.
Get Larry to do your engine and for about 7500 you will have a real killer 1200 motor with beautiful polished everything and trust me you would have had regrets as I know that the money you would have spent their would have taken you a long way on your bike to make it better than that. I THINK A GREAT IDEA! Then of course you would have to have a good stretched swingarm. BIG HORSEPOWER FROM A 1200 That bike didn't have a powdercoated frame FROM WHAT I NOTICED IN PICTURE, didn't have a great paint job and the seat???? ha. THE CHEAP BANANA SEAT. What it had were just a few nice parts. Wait till you see what I do with my 79. The perches will be aftermarket polished aluminum pieces around a grand. WOULDN'T SPEND 10 GRAND ON A BIKE THEN SPEND ALL THAT MONEY ON MINE TOO. All show and all go. Well, just wait and check it out later. I will hit that bike with some serious cash without looking back I will start on her pretty soon now that I don't have a zx payment to make. Nothing will be spared on that bike. I have had it since 86-7 and I think it's about time to do something with it special.

PLANNING ON DROPPING AROUND 12-15 GRAND ON HER.
ONCE AGAIN GENROS SORRY FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING. I JUST HAVE A SARCASTIC SENSE OF HUMOR THAT SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON'T ALWAYS READ IN THE WAY IT WAS MEANT. I HOPE NO HARD FEELINGS. YOU WILL BE HAPPY BECAUSE YOUR GOOD KARMA SAVED YOU FROM A BAD DEAL TO BEGIN WITH AND LATER YOU WILL THANK ME. ONCE AGAIN SORRY

79 LTD B3

More
17 Mar 2009 17:44 #272844 by kaw-62046
Sounds like a big misunderstandng, sorry for any inconvieance.Post some pictures when you get her done.

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
18 Mar 2009 04:13 #273005 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic Value of a performance build
Genros, I saw this bike on Indy Craigslist. It looks like the owner started in the direction you want to go. If you can buy it cheap enough you can have a shop build you what you want. indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1077155928.html

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special