can valves mimic elec trble??

More
23 Feb 2009 18:20 #267595 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic can valves mimic elec trble??
trianglelaguna wrote:

Patton wrote:

I use Dyna plug wires which come with the cap grips aready in place and correct pinch clips for attaching before inserting into the coils. These clips fit nice and snug into the green Dyna coils.

The Dyna wires are inexpensive and available at Z1E in different colors. I'm very satisfied with the 7mm metal core plug wires. Here's a pic from Z1E.

The green Dyna coil primary terminal screw head is situated very close to the spacer on the coil attachment bolt. Sometimes it can short out against the spacer and prevent proper coil performance.

Plenty of different methods to insulate the screw head from the spacer. I use a couple of small nylon tie wraps pulled tightly next to each other around each spacer. The tie wraps can't go anywhere or fall out of place, and serve well in their role as little insulators.

Good Luck! :)

thanks patton i'm gonna switch to those wires and insulate my coil mount posts...that is another thing i noticed today and i tapped on a flat head screwdriver to re-space it a lttle.....my problem must be in that area ....thanks again....any one know what that unit in my previous picture is.....i think the p.o wired it in and i dont know what it is???????

electrical aint my strong suit, but is that a combo reg/rectifier?......just a shot...
you are gonna something to chrimp those ends onto the wires....my accels came with these two little
metal pcs..you put one in the vise and lay wire and terminal on it and put the other metal pc on top and smoke it with a hammer....then you had to slide boot over that...thankfully they gave me dialectic grease and it acts as a lube...still had to gorilla them on....let us know how ya make out..........keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.