CLUTCH TIPS

More
26 Jan 2009 17:04 #260381 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic CLUTCH TIPS
keith1 wrote:

racer54 wrote:

Measure your stock plates. If they are within spec, I'd just use them. I try to get them at 145-155...somewhere close. Most plates will be right in that area. Stock plates are the best you can use. Use stock springs unless you have upped the horsepower level. Places make HD springs (some are colored red) or I have used the inner springs off a Z1/KZ valve spring set. BUT...they make the lever pull noticeably harder and you hand gets a real workout at times. You might be surprised just how much difference deglazing your stock plates will make. I was at the track once and the clutch was slipping really bad. After the run, I pulled the clutch plates, wiped the oil off and lightly sanded them til they were dull looking and put them back in. The bike would then pick up the front wheel. Amazing difference for simple work. Have you tried that yet? Both fibers and steels...sand and remove the shine and re-install and give it a try.

i bought new steel plates a while back and i have them so i m gonna use them....i figured with 33 k and everything else i was doing, why not....
good tip for a clutch pick-me -up though...thanks

ordered springs and fibers from z1....thanks guys..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.