more power?

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
30 Dec 2008 10:02 #255370 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic more power?
the answer...the daily double....i'll take drugs for 800

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2008 12:10 #255381 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic more power?
Old Man Rock wrote:

...Seriously, it's probably just me not understanding what you're posting in power quest but I'm having some real difficulty following this...Ok, I'll be quiet now...

But wait . . . this can't be happening to a Blue Bird reader such as OMR in first grade.

Run Run Run,
Run Spot run,
See Spot run.

And don't be like Mr. Bungles.
Always remember to clean your plate and put away the lunchroom tray. Or you'll have to keep sitting at the quiet table with mark1122 until somebody whispers the magic #. :lol:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
30 Dec 2008 12:24 #255385 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic more power?
hahahhahaha... You guys are killing me... :laugh:

Hopefully Plummen doesn't read this posting for no telling how long this one will go in number of replies & Homer's... :ohmy:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
30 Dec 2008 12:33 #255388 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic more power?
:silly:

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
30 Dec 2008 22:23 - 30 Dec 2008 22:43 #255480 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic more power?
Old Man Rock wrote:

Truly, I'm not trying to be insulting here but in following this thread I have to ponder.... :whistle:

I'm presently in the CAM degreeing process and in my studying of the Dale Walker Cam Degreeing DVD and numerous articles on the subject matter, I find this is an exact setup requirement and precise procedure for dialing my motor in for optimum performance. Piston to head decking, piston chamber clearance, valve clearance, valve timing, shims, compression, advancing/retarding, cam lobe centering etc... all play an extremely important part for obtaining that goal!

In reading your replies, items such as "A little grinding here, a little banging there", "valve clearance is no concern since I measure it anyway whenever I make a change in cam timing or head gasket thickness.", "I have special o rings with teeth on them", "no gaskets" thus loss of compression not to mention oil all over the place, "RTV", "Now I want to try welding the bikes head", "If I lose too much valve clearance I'll cut the piston tops :blink: " etc.... on and on...

I think to myself...

1) Either you're truly good at this... Magician/Guru/Yoda Master...
2) You have no friggin idea what you're rambling on about.
3) You're full of it and just blowing smoke up our asses.
4) You're just really, really stoned! :blink:

Seriously, it's probably just me not understanding what you're posting in power quest but I'm having some real difficulty following this....:huh: :dry:

Ok, I'll be quiet now...

I've studied all the cam stuff, got the same video, talked to Dale once, went through alot of paper at the desk, went to the garage and degreed the crap out of the stock cams. This is a guy who had the sprockets before the cams came in. I ended up turning the engine over 5million times and went through another sheaf of paper and discovered exactly what was buzzin. I can tell you the difference in lobe center when and after a mosquito fly's by. What and how kawasaki did what they did, and how everyone else arrived at their printed numbers and what they mean compared with real world power. So yeah I threw the tools aside and set it up real good. Cuz hey, I'm there. That solder doesn't lie, so it's real comfortable knowing the valve clearance is exactly what you believe it is. And to make this short I bent many valves and know why it happens=ed. So I won't get caught with my pants down no how. These things are the basis of my semmingly pronounced stupidity. See, the reason I'm so blunt is that I just don't care. About dials, procedures, special tools. The only thing special is me. I care about me, and my motor. SAFe! I was hiding the dagger in my sleeve. Yeah man I know this stuff, I gota follow the rules like everyone else, just love that hammer when it comes down in the right place though. If I kick that thing it'll run better, if I kiss it, it will run better, so how can I lose. I just stay away from absorbing information that is in the wrong form. I just basically want to know if I get more compression from 155 to 180, by reducing squish, will it burn faster and more complete (I see how ya'll are lol). And has anyone knowledge of improved performance by GRINDIND sht? An that would be the ridge around the valves. I'm a happy grinder and it's the only time my hands don't shake. Unless I grind my finger or wrap my shirt around the drill. Or knock the piss bucket over, or too much info. It definetly has made you guys kindof weird. I just don't know what to think of you guys. It's like your minds are on freeze frame. Fastforward. Freeze Frame. It's like reading a movie. Your being tuned. And where would you like timing? Never mind I'll set it where II want it. Well guys you've just been to ten grand. Now if can just figure out where this throttle stuck.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2008 22:43 by nads.com.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
30 Dec 2008 22:48 #255481 by trianglelaguna
(youtube)
nads.com wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

Truly, I'm not trying to be insulting here but in following this thread I have to ponder.... :whistle:

I'm presently in the CAM degreeing process and in my studying of the Dale Walker Cam Degreeing DVD and numerous articles on the subject matter, I find this is an exact setup requirement and precise procedure for dialing my motor in for optimum performance. Piston to head decking, piston chamber clearance, valve clearance, valve timing, shims, compression, advancing/retarding, cam lobe centering etc... all play an extremely important part for obtaining that goal!

In reading your replies, items such as "A little grinding here, a little banging there", "valve clearance is no concern since I measure it anyway whenever I make a change in cam timing or head gasket thickness.", "I have special o rings with teeth on them", "no gaskets" thus loss of compression not to mention oil all over the place, "RTV", "Now I want to try welding the bikes head", "If I lose too much valve clearance I'll cut the piston tops :blink: " etc.... on and on...

I think to myself...

1) Either you're truly good at this... Magician/Guru/Yoda Master...
2) You have no friggin idea what you're rambling on about.
3) You're full of it and just blowing smoke up our asses.
4) You're just really, really stoned! :blink:

Seriously, it's probably just me not understanding what you're posting in power quest but I'm having some real difficulty following this....:huh: :dry:

Ok, I'll be quiet now...

I've studied all the cam stuff, got the same video, talked to Dale once, went through alot of paper at the desk, went to the garage and degreed the crap out of the stock cams. This is a guy who had the sprockets before the cams came in. I ended up turning the engine over 5million times and went through another sheaf of paper and discovered exactly what was buzzin. I can tell you the difference in lobe center when and after a mosquito fly's by. What and how kawasaki did what they did, and how everyone else arrived at their printed numbers and what they mean compared with real world power. So yeah I threw the tools aside and set it up real good. Cuz hey, I'm there. That solder doesn't lie, so it's real comfortable knowing the valve clearance is exactly what you believe it is. And to make this short I bent many valves and know why it happens=ed. So I won't get caught with my pants down no how. These things are the basis of my semmingly pronounced stupidity. See, the reason I'm so blunt is that I just don't care. About dials, procedures, special tools. The only thing special is me. I care about me, and my motor. SAFe! I was hiding the dagger in my sleeve. Yeah man I know this stuff, I gota follow the rules like everyone else, just love that hammer when it comes down in the right place though. If I kick that thing it'll run better, if I kiss it, it will run better, so how can I lose. I just stay away from absorbing information that is in the wrong form. I just basically want to know if I get more compression from 155 to 180, by reducing squish, will it burn faster and more complete (I see how ya'll are lol). And has anyone knowledge of improved performance by GRINDIND sht? An that would be the ridge around the valves. I'm a happy grinder and it's the only time my hands don't shake. Unless I grind my finger or wrap my shirt around the drill. Or knock the piss bucket over, or too much info. It definetly has made you guys kindof weird. I just don't know what to think of you guys. It's like your minds are on freeze frame. Fastforward. Freeze Frame. It's like reading a movie. Your being tuned. And where would you like timing? Never mind I'll set it where II want it. Well guys you've just been to ten grand. Now if can just figure out where this throttle stuck.

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
30 Dec 2008 23:10 - 30 Dec 2008 23:11 #255484 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic more power?
Old Man Rock wrote:

Hopefully Plummen doesn't read this posting for no telling how long this one will go in number of replies & Homer's... :ohmy:

homers scared of this one,hes hiding in the closet with ol ned flanders wife and aint comin out!:S :blink: :unsure: :ohmy: :huh: :dry: :blush: :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2008 23:11 by PLUMMEN.

More
31 Dec 2008 00:02 #255487 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic more power?
PLUMMEN wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

homers scared of this one,hes hiding in the closet with ol ned flanders wife and aint comin out!:S :blink: :unsure: :ohmy: :huh: :dry: :blush: :laugh:

That's exactly what I look like on decell:ohmy: .

More
31 Dec 2008 06:16 #255505 by franknsr
Replied by franknsr on topic more power?
Hey, it's Nad's bike and he can do whatever head welding, o ring gasket cam timing he wants. It a hobby and God knows we have all done stuff that nobody (read wife) understands. I just can't believe that you guys made it through this whole conversation without even once mentioning the king of more power...

Formerly CSRchopper
1991 KZ1000P
Gone but not forgotten
1986 ZG1000
1982 650 CSR -shoulda kept this one-
Lisle Illinois, USA
Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
31 Dec 2008 06:43 #255507 by trianglelaguna
(youtube)

this guy had his head ported and flowed....does not use or need a head gasket....and later had his exhuast port punched out......however i'm afraid of the power this could produce with my current settings....and am gonna wait till i hear how it worked for you guys......peace

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
03 Jan 2009 05:01 #255867 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic more power?
Nads,What direction do u plan to go with this motor? Are u going to run pump gas on the street, race gas at the track?

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
05 Jan 2009 17:56 #256339 by badrhino
Replied by badrhino on topic more power?
WTF?

1980 KZ1000 with a 1982 KZ1000J motor with 1100 pistons and heads, Vance & Hines, 29MM Smooth Bores, Work in Progress
Franken Z!