more power?

More
21 Dec 2008 10:49 #253886 by nads.com
more power? was created by nads.com
1015cc motor. Anyone tell me if the head would flow better if i unshrouded the intake valves? I thinking about taking out the head gasket and o ringing the block deck, and head surfaces. Would that make the 1000 extra hp i believe it would? It had 180psi and it has 155 with the cams. The intake ports are to the point theres only 1mm width left whre the intake boots seat. The floors have been flattened, the roofs raised and d shaped. There's been material removed around the valve guides and the throats opened up. Same work on the exhaust ports. This is all about making the BEST of an electronic ignition to be intalled. And the fact I don't like the ugly head gasket anyway. Something about it turned my stomach. The day I saw it my mind said "junk". I could care less about valve clearance, I just would like to know about the burn process and such. And is there enough room for the piston dome so it wont hit the head? I know these are tough questions and you guys arnt very brite but i'll give you all a shot since accidents happen. And even if you say it won't work i'll MAKE it work, just because I can. Cuz i'm magic see. Just plain magic. Fire flys from my finger tips when my eyes open wide, and all creatures big and small RUN for cover. I've been off this bike for a year and a half waiting for my driving privilages and have to take the head off and install better studs anyway so... might as well screw up some more stuff in there. Port velocity is down, speed is up, adrenaline is through the roof captain. ON DANCER, ON COMET, ON KZ! TO the TOP OF THE WORLD! And BEYOND!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2008 10:58 #253889 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic more power?
:laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
21 Dec 2008 11:08 #253893 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic more power?
So am I understanding that you want to totally get rid of the head gasket and just rely on o-ringing the block? Also, who did the work to the head? If its up to the flow that it sounds like it can make you'll need more than 1015cc to get it to work efficiently. Do you have any pics of the port work? What size valves are in it, what cam, etc?

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

More
21 Dec 2008 11:14 #253894 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic more power?
Is Yoda (KZ Master) smoking a joint? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
21 Dec 2008 12:12 #253902 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic more power?
Cuz i'm magic see.

Why ask......your magic:woohoo:

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
21 Dec 2008 12:36 #253908 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic more power?
yes no gasket, stock valves, it has doesnt matter cams in it.

More
21 Dec 2008 13:10 #253923 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic more power?
nads.com wrote:

... accidents happen... magic... Fire flys from my finger tips when my eyes open wide, and all creatures big and small RUN for cover... speed is up, adrenaline is through the roof captain. ON DANCER, ON COMET, ON KZ! TO the TOP OF THE WORLD! And BEYOND!

After joining the creatures, nads soon decides to work a little slower, keeping only one eye open. :lol:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
21 Dec 2008 18:24 #253993 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic more power?
i just keep thinking about rod serling and something about a sign post.....:laugh:

More
22 Dec 2008 04:27 #254060 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic more power?
nads.com wrote:

yes no gasket, stock valves, it has doesnt matter cams in it.

I've never heard of a Kz engine using only o-ringed cylinders to seal it. The o-rings are always used in conjunction with a copper head gasket. You're going to have a lot of oil everywhere without some sort of head gasket.

The cams will matter eventually as it seems like you have a lot of flow for a 1015 engine.

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

More
22 Dec 2008 04:40 #254063 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic more power?
Run a real high compression (20-1 or so) and just weld the head on. That should do it. Stock cams will be fine and all those morons who weld your cranks are suckers for paying for that. You might want to move up to a set of 28mm carbs just so you have enough juice for the top end. Make sure to take lots of pics!

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
22 Dec 2008 04:45 - 22 Dec 2008 04:47 #254064 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic more power?
I'm not even sure WTF question is here....:huh:

As others stated, you're going to need some sort of gasket one way or another or oil all over the damn place.

With a 1015cc, assuming this is a kz1000...

For more power (I think that's the question) you can go with the following...

Big block & cylinder kit from APE, MTC. To what power degree up to you, skies the limit, expect big $$$!

Have sleeves installed and go higher in your piston kit selection.

Or bore the cylinders add a 1075cc piston kit, no sleeves required.

Upgrade your cams, .410 or higher...

Upgrade your carb's, 34's or higher...

Hell, you can even turbo/super charge it for the right $$$...

In staying with a 1015cc motor with no change in cams or carbs there's only so much you can expect in power increase...

OMR

BTW...

And even if you say it won't work i'll MAKE it work, just because I can. Cuz i'm magic see. Just plain magic.

Who's smoking the whacky tabaky, you or Yoda! :laugh:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Last edit: 22 Dec 2008 04:47 by Old Man Rock.

More
22 Dec 2008 13:33 #254154 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic more power?
donthekawguy wrote:

Run a real high compression (20-1 or so) and just weld the head on. That should do it. Stock cams will be fine and all those morons who weld your cranks are suckers for paying for that. You might want to move up to a set of 28mm carbs just so you have enough juice for the top end. Make sure to take lots of pics!

there ya go...problem solved!!!!:laugh: