RC engineering Pistons,Rings and Aluminum Buttons

More
01 Oct 2008 12:58 #239666 by PLUMMEN
:laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2008 09:08 #239949 by Big Fluff
snakebiteaz1 wrote:

Hello, i purchased a 1075cc kit for my Z1, it came with cylinder, pistons, rings, wrist pins and all but one Aluminum wrist pin Button.My question is, can these still be purchased, or will i have to get one made?? Also who would be the best supplier for a new complete set of rings?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mike

Mike.
I know exactly what you need, and if you can't get one, what you need to do!
When I bought my Saxon Turbo, the engine had been built by Russ Collins too. Instead of teflon buttons, Russ used aluminium ones, but, you will find that the wrist pins are not as wide as standard (conventional) ones.
Russ not only used narrower pins, bit the buttons are much wider than conventional teflon buttons you can buy today.
So, if you fit teflon buttons, there's nowhere for them to sit.:(
I sold a complete set of RC pins and aluminium buttons last year, and am pretty sure you won't be able to get hold of any replacements, well at least not over here in the UK.
I had my RC pistons machined to take the standard (wider than RC) wrist pins, and used conventional metal circlips. This has worked absolutely fine.
Take a look at the pics below.......... First one is with ally buttons
Second one is after having circlip grooves machined in to pistons to take the wider wrist pin
Regards, Will.
[img size=150][img size=150]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/bigfluff_01/DSCF3931.jpg[/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.