KZ1000 head rebuild

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
19 Sep 2008 13:11 - 19 Sep 2008 13:17 #237805 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic KZ1000 head rebuild
BINGO!....give that man a cigar :)

Jay,

If you don't flow test them, then how do you know they flow more air? So I guess if I sent you a head to port and stayed with stock valves sizes, it wouldn't even hit the flowbench.....:dry:

Send one any time, I'll be happy to test it for you. I don't have any junk heads at the moment.:)
531blackbanshee wrote:

wg there are small split ball ended guages(small hole guages)that you use to measure valve guide inside diameters.
i was one of joe mondellos first class of students at his head porting technical school when it was in paso robles.i had been rebuilding industrial engines for a job and my racing buddies stuff on the side.we had a serdi at joes and we also had sioux valve grinding equipment.i had joe show me how to do the best valve job possible using the grinding equipment.now i have siuox valve equipment and a kwikway valve grinder.i can do just as well of a valve job with my grinders as can be cut with a serdi.30 60 45 are the three angles of a 3 angle valve job.i prefer the grinders and stones as i can manipulate the 30 to run out into the floor without having a special cutter and the sixty goes right down into the bowl.
just bought some neways for a friend and they are really nice for doing your own stuff.

Last edit: 19 Sep 2008 13:17 by larrycavan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
19 Sep 2008 13:27 #237807 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic KZ1000 head rebuild
wiredgeorge wrote:

That sounds very fair to me and it would give Larry a chance to actually make some good, educated comments on APE's comments. I would be very interested in seeing the results. My next engine build will include some professional work so I am interested in seeing REAL results.

Read my posts on airflow George. They're always backed up with real results, real flow numbers. I'm not in the business to hack away at anone elses work. There are any number of places to send a head to for port work.

A claim was made. I asked a question and it was finally answered.

My goal is and has always been to help guys make informative decisions because they have real data to work with. Not only do I give them CFM but also port velocity in Feet Per Second.....If that's not educated, you got me totally lost...:S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.