More power

More
13 Jul 2007 16:54 #156712 by Lorcan
Replied by Lorcan on topic More power
If you want to beat an R6 and not wrench, buy an R1. The SP models are plenty quick. We had a gal turn up on one at one of our meets and get timed at 188mph.

You can hot up your KZ, but it means going back to wrenching, which is why you sold the Harley!:laugh:

760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2007 07:48 #156773 by steell
Replied by steell on topic More power
Bore and stroke:

78 KZ1000 - 70.0 X 66.0 mm

07 Yamaha R6 - 67.0 x 42.5mm

Notice the difference in stroke?

Piston speed is the limiting factor, the R6 has a shorter stroke (lower piston speed), so it can turn higher rpm.

The following maximum piston speeds are from the book, Performance Tuning in
Theory and Practice, by A.G.Bell.

Stock Motor - 3,500 fpm (cast crank, stock rods and cast
piston)
Heavy Duty Motor - 4,000 fpm (forged crank, peened rods w/ good
bolts, forged piston)
Drag Racing Motor - 5,000 fpm (forged crank, alum rods, lighweight
pistons, etc.)

Engines with long strokes have lower redlines than those with short strokes because long strokes cause higher piston speeds. Improved piston alloys, piston skirts coated with low friction materials, better oils, better control of piston to cylinder clearances, and shorter engine strokes have all allowed engines to run at higher rpm.

Read more HERE

KD9JUR

More
14 Jul 2007 09:03 #156784 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic More power
PLUMMEN wrote:

piece of cake!:Panything using afterarket sleeves is gonna require clearancing cases<br><br>Post edited by: PLUMMEN, at: 2007/07/12 14:54

i got my 1170 slevves to fit without clearencing, i however had my machine shop shave 2mm off the bottom outside diamiter of the sleeve that sticks ourside the block.

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
14 Jul 2007 22:52 #156885 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic More power
RollingStock wrote:

not to put ur friend to shame. but the new gsxr1000's run 9's out the boxs.. i know vic from exoticycle was running low 9's with just a full exhaust and airfilter on stock wheel base

none the less i know a guy with a dragbike turbo gpz and well alot of the street 1000's well eat him up...

iv seen alot of old school bikes run at the track(wheelie bar bikes) and iv seen/rode alot of newer bikes(busa's, 600s,750s,1000s) turbo, sparyed or both.. i really dont think ur seeing how much money its takes..

i with the guy that said swap over the gsxr1000 motor...

show me a stock gsxr1000 running 9s out of the box,cuz it aint happening around here!!:P maybe a skunk works bike thats been breathed on with pee wee gleason riding it!:woohoo: around here a lowered and stretched busa will run 9s with a little tweaking,zx-14s with around $3500.00 worth of extras which brings you up to around $18,000.00 will break into high 8s with a pro rider which aint really impressive to me!:P

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
15 Jul 2007 08:29 #156929 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic More power
im suprised there hasnt been pics of an 1197 turbo pop up yet:P coughwiremancough:whistle:
if all else fails, just put one of these in your bike
www.muzzys.com/ZX14/ZX14_engines/index.html

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
15 Jul 2007 14:32 #156985 by RollingStock
Replied by RollingStock on topic More power
PLUMMEN wrote:

RollingStock wrote:

not to put ur friend to shame. but the new gsxr1000's run 9's out the boxs.. i know vic from exoticycle was running low 9's with just a full exhaust and airfilter on stock wheel base

none the less i know a guy with a dragbike turbo gpz and well alot of the street 1000's well eat him up...

iv seen alot of old school bikes run at the track(wheelie bar bikes) and iv seen/rode alot of newer bikes(busa's, 600s,750s,1000s) turbo, sparyed or both.. i really dont think ur seeing how much money its takes..

show me a stock gsxr1000 running 9s out of the box,cuz it aint happening around here!!:P maybe a skunk works bike thats been breathed on with pee wee gleason riding it!:woohoo: around here a lowered and stretched busa will run 9s with a little tweaking,zx-14s with around $3500.00 worth of extras which brings you up to around $18,000.00 will break into high 8s with a pro rider which aint really impressive to me!:P

call exoticycle. vic ran low-mid 9's and a gsxr1000 with just a full exhaust and air filter.. i know i helped to put on the pipe and rebuild the frontend..

but again he only weight's like 120lbs and is a prostar rider..(mikey slow was there test riding johnnys turbo/sparyed 1000)

i dont care if u dont believe me. iv seen it with my own eyes and i hold the slips in my hand..
seen it more than once since the kid wouldnt stop riding it down the track.. hahah..

not alot of ppl can ride that good.. like i said i pulled 11.8s on a old ass cbr 600 f2.. no one believes me but the slip dosnt lie...

73 z1900 street nitrous drag bike(powered but honda)
83 kz750 turbo street fighter project

More
15 Jul 2007 19:01 #157021 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic More power
Put a turbo on a 1200 and it will run mid nines like mine. Put a bigblock with cams and carbs, etc. and make believers out of some of those new rocket bikes. My turbo blows ZX12's all the time...even a few busa's. A LOT is in the riders, but I have beaten quite a few 600's with my other Z with no porting or cams yet, so it can be done. A good rider on a 600 can get mid tens and a Z can do that without too much trouble but it will cost. As they say "speed costs...how fast do you want to go?"

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

• jus1975
  • User
  • www.tripleaperformance.com
More
15 Jul 2007 21:36 #157050 by jus1975
Replied by jus1975 on topic More power
I am know more confused than ever. I just got into the old KZ's. I haven't purchased one yet, but I am looking for KZ1000 or Z1R. And I wanted to build one that looked good with a 240 rear tire, new inverted forks and modern brakes. I was looking at building a 1200 with ported heads or ported GPZ heads, custom exhaust, maybe supercharger or turbo. But I wanted to be able to ride on the street. And kick some asses from stop light to light(short distances). What do you guys think.

• jus1975
  • User
  • www.tripleaperformance.com
More
15 Jul 2007 21:40 #157051 by jus1975
Replied by jus1975 on topic More power
And around here we have run in the low 9's on liter size bikes with only pipes and power commanders(the usual). And now with the new 14's they are reaching the 8's. But we mostly run 1/8 strips. These tracks are closer and the experienced riders run around 6.3 and lower and I now sponsor two riders. One of them is my brother on a new 14 running 5.9 on his second and last pass after cracking the oil pan. And another rider on a Busa running 5.7 with nitrous.

More
15 Jul 2007 22:14 #157057 by PLUMMEN
77KZ650 wrote:

im suprised there hasnt been pics of an 1197 turbo pop up yet:P coughwiremancough:whistle:
if all else fails, just put one of these in your bike
www.muzzys.com/ZX14/ZX14_engines/index.html

aint worth the headaches digging up the pictures,kinda like talking to a wall:P

More
15 Jul 2007 22:21 #157058 by PLUMMEN
RollingStock wrote:

PLUMMEN wrote:

RollingStock wrote:

call exoticycle. vic ran low-mid 9's and a gsxr1000 with just a full exhaust and air filter.. i know i helped to put on the pipe and rebuild the frontend..

but again he only weight's like 120lbs and is a prostar rider..(mikey slow was there test riding johnnys turbo/sparyed 1000)

i dont care if u dont believe me. iv seen it with my own eyes and i hold the slips in my hand..
seen it more than once since the kid wouldnt stop riding it down the track.. hahah..

not alot of ppl can ride that good.. like i said i pulled 11.8s on a old ass cbr 600 f2.. no one believes me but the slip dosnt lie...

120 lb prostar rider,i wonder what he could do on an old warmed over kaw?B) you supply the 120 lb pr rider,ill supply a very deadly 1327 street sweeping sleeper for the experiment!:evil:

More
15 Jul 2007 22:32 #157061 by PLUMMEN

Post edited by: PLUMMEN, at: 2007/07/16 01:37

Attachments: