Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 26 Jan 2022 10:15 #861131

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1787
Why are you so fixed on a "clean title" your insurer has said they won't load your premium so unless you are looking to sell, is it that big a deal? I think the difference in future re-sale would be less than not taking the money and paying for the repairs yourself. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 26 Jan 2022 12:13 #861135

• Stereordinary
  • Stereordinary's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132

Why are you so fixed on a "clean title" …
I’m only fixed on a clean title as that’s what I had before the accident. At this point I am still leaning toward taking a settlement and pursuing a rebuilt title. You might say I’m just “making conversation” as far as if there are options I’m not aware of.
A breeze from the west.
‘90 ZR550 Zephyr (x2)

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 26 Jan 2022 13:14 #861141

• Wookie58
I guess you are in danger of information overload, at the end of the day I am sure you will do what is best for you and your circumstances. Best wishes for a speedy resolution so you can put it behind you 

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 26 Jan 2022 15:53 #861148

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

Why are you so fixed on a "clean title" …
I’m only fixed on a clean title as that’s what I had before the accident. At this point I am still leaning toward taking a settlement and pursuing a rebuilt title. You might say I’m just “making conversation” as far as if there are options I’m not aware of.
 I understand you floating it out here on the forum, dealing with insurance assessors isn't much fun, especially if you don't have much experience. They are parasites and do NOT have your best interests in mind, only their bottom line..
I asked about what they offered because , like I said, it needs to be enough to cover the cost of replacing your bike to a satisfactory state to you, the same  as the bike was before the accident. Look at as many similar bikes for sale and pic ones that are in a similar state to what yours was and keep/photocopy, print out copies to show to the assessors, don't let them talk over you and hold your ground firm. Also, there are people that can help with this. I found an assessor for the state government where I live, he does insurance assessments for damaged government vehicles for the government, not the insurance companies, your town/state will have the same These Guys really know how to deal with insurance companies and have a clear track record,  It may be a long shot but if you are willing to make a few calls it may just benefit you...    Just trying to help, It worked wonders for me when my daughters car was written off, almost doubled what we were payed out....

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 26 Jan 2022 18:06 #861157

• Kidkawie
  • User
  • I bleed premix
  • Thank you received: 245
I ran a small fleet of vehicles in NJ.  All high mileage and older, so any accident was a "total".  Id receive a check from the insurance co, but it was up to me to notify the dmv about the accident.  Id usually have the car back together in a day with my spares.  Had one car get totaled twice.  
If you find a dead end receiving compensation for the bike, just pour on the pain and suffering.
1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 27 Jan 2022 08:00 #861181

• Stereordinary
  • User

I asked about what they offered because , like I said, it needs to be enough to cover the cost of replacing your bike to a satisfactory state to you, the same  as the bike was before the accident.
You’re right on all counts here, and thanks for the advice. To everyone here, please don’t misinterpret any of my postings, I’m grateful for all the help, you guys have been a solid sounding board, and thank you all for chatting with me about this. It’s my first experience having to deal with insurance directly, I’ve been stressed about the whole thing, and sad about my bike. But it’s been good for me to be able to come here and get some of my thoughts out.

If you find a dead end receiving compensation for the bike, just pour on the pain and suffering.
I don’t want to say I plan to, but if things don’t go the way I want, I might have to.
A breeze from the west.
‘90 ZR550 Zephyr (x2)

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 27 Jan 2022 14:37 #861191

• 750 R1
  • User
No worries and good luck..!

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 28 Jan 2022 16:18 #861284

• Stereordinary
  • User
I talked to my insurance agent today, and settled. Of course, I am still keeping the bike.

I’ve created a spreadsheet that I’m using to keep track of parts I’m buying and their costs, including shipping and tax. I have a feeling I’m gonna go “over budget” since I’m looking at RaceTech shocks, EBC stainless steel front brake lines, and Brakemasters stainless steel piston brake rebuild kits, amongst other things. And that’s not even including what it will cost to apply for the rebuilt title when the time comes for that. 

But I suppose it’s time I start a restoration project thread, huh? 
A breeze from the west.
‘90 ZR550 Zephyr (x2)

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 29 Jan 2022 03:12 #861328

• Wookie58
Good to see you being positive about the whole situation. Keep moving forward and put it behind you in the big box of “life” experiences 

Got Rear-Ended Yesterday 29 Jan 2022 14:39 #861389

• 750 R1
  • User
As Steve Miller said, " oooh oooh take the money and run"...!!!