Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Snakes and bikes. 14 May 2021 13:38 #848445

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 664
Glad most of the snakes here in Arizona that can bite you have rattles on them!!!!!! Snakebites are way up here this year. Probably due to all the liberal assholes moving here from california!!!!

Well, you build your fancy house out on virgin property and then bitch like hell when they find a couple of rattlesnakes on their patios!!! Same when a pack of coyotes eats their precious foo foo dog they left out in their backyard. This ain't Rodeo Drive. Welcome to the wild west!!! 

I have run across two of those things with the rattles since I moved here. They let you know when you are getting too close. I just reverse course. I don't like them, and they don't like me!!!! 

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed, ThatGPzGuy, Nessism, SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dr. Gamma.

Snakes and bikes. 15 May 2021 07:28 #848468

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
Long time ago when I was a city cop I was sent on a suspicious noise call at a fancy-dancy house.  Made contact with the home owner and he told me he was hearing strange noises in his upstairs area.  I went upstairs thinking this was nothing but a BS call, but had my flashlight and shooter at the ready.  I opened up what appeared to be a bedroom door and turns out the guy was a snake collector and this room was his snake repository.  I carefully looked at each tank the individual snakes were in and saw an empty tank.  I called the home owner upstairs and pointed out the empty tank and he said there was supposed to be some 6 foot long super poisonous snake in the tank and he didn't realize had escaped.  He had over 30 snakes in tanks.  Well me being from Wisconsin hate snakes of any sort and discretion being the better part of valor decide to slowly and cautiously back out of not only the room, but the whole dang house.  The home/snake owner gave me no argument about doing so, as he said the MIA snake was nasty with a bad temper.  We went outside and called for help from DNR who called some commercial animal catcher dude.  This all took place at about 2:00 AM and every noise I heard while waiting for the snake catcher scared the crap out of me.  It took him almost 2 hours to locate the snake that was hiding in a chest of drawers and almost got the best of the animal catcher when he opened the drawer it was in.  Turns out this  person that had all these snakes also raised mice to feed the snakes, so his house was like a fricking zoo.  He had no permits for keeping the snakes which he was required to have and I felt no remorse whatsoever in citing him for the violations.  His neighbors were none to happy with him either when they found out he was secretly keeping these snakes in his house.  Yeah, yeah, I have heard all the arguments about snakes being good for the environment and such, but if they leave me alone I leave them alone, otherwise it's Boot Hill for the snake.

Rick H.  
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Snakes and bikes. 15 May 2021 09:50 #848486

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1858
Damn luck that grumpy SOB was still in the house. Bad,Bad if it had gotten out. Just can fix stupid!
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Snakes and bikes. 15 May 2021 10:07 #848487

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
A few years ago, maybe 5 or so there was a case in New Brunswick where a python escaped from an apartment and was found in an adjoining apartment.  He had managed to strangle two small children who were sleeping in their beds.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_New_Brunswick_python_attack
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Snakes and bikes. 15 May 2021 14:35 #848499

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2067

By Street Fighter LTD:  When it comes to snakes I belong to the  run and scream like a little girl club LOL
 I Hate snakes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snakes , Sharks , and Alligators ....

Then if you were me, you probably would've had a heart attack at our house several years ago. 
I opened the front door, took one step, then a snek lunged at me VERTICALLY from a gap between the house & sidewalk.
Scared the bejesus out of me.  Never saw a snake do something like that before.  The best I could figure out is that it was a Texas Rat snake.
Last summer, not really frightening, but had a 3-4-ft long garter snake slither across the deck.  Longest one of those I'd ever seen.
And years ago, when we were kids, we saw a solid red hognose snake.  kinda reddish/maroon. That was sumthin'. 
I see that species pretty often, but never solid red.  The most common ones I see are usually colored similar to a copperhead.
Those rat snakes come in a variety of colors. I came face to face with a bright yellow one a few years ago. They can also slither up a brick wall.
We also have some  on-venomous snakes around here that look almost identical to a Coral snake. The only real difference is in the shape of their heads and the order of the colored stripes. Even non-venomous ones will bite if threatened, and you can get a nasty infection from them. 
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Snakes and bikes. 03 Jun 2021 17:50 #849572

• H1Vindicator
  • User
  • Thank you received: 45

Dr. Gamma
Glad most of the snakes here in Arizona that can bite you have rattles on them!!!!!! Snakebites are way up here this year. Probably due to all the liberal assholes moving here from california!!!!

Well, you build your fancy house out on virgin property and then bitch like hell when they find a couple of rattlesnakes on their patios!!! Same when a pack of coyotes eats their precious foo foo dog they left out in their backyard. This ain't Rodeo Drive.

So, only liberals are getting bitten? And only liberals are assholes?  I've never once complained about the water moccasins around here.   Real Americans ie. liberals are environmentalists who are more likely to make sure rattlesnakes are protected from over development.  Conservative Billionaire Ross Perot illegally dynamited a reef in Bermuda for his fancy yacht.  Conservative Billionaire Dan Snyder had over 130 old growth trees illegally cut down on federally protected land on the Potomac River just so he could have a better view from his fancy house.  These stories are actually true & verifiable, not fake news.  

Last edit: by H1Vindicator.

Snakes and bikes. 03 Jun 2021 18:25 #849574

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
GUILT ON BOTH SIDES SO STOW IT
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed, Nessism, Street Fighter LTD

Snakes and bikes. 03 Jun 2021 19:41 #849577

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 664

Dr. Gamma

Well, you build your fancy house out on virgin property and then bitch like hell when they find a couple of rattlesnakes on their patios!!! Same when a pack of coyotes eats their precious foo foo dog they left out in their backyard. This ain't Rodeo Drive.

So, only liberals are getting bitten? And only liberals are assholes?  I've never once complained about the water moccasins around here.   Real Americans ie. liberals are environmentalists who are more likely to make sure rattlesnakes are protected from over development.  Conservative Billionaire Ross Perot illegally dynamited a reef in Bermuda for his fancy yacht.  Conservative Billionaire Dan Snyder had over 130 old growth trees illegally cut down on federally protected land on the Potomac River just so he could have a better view from his fancy house.  These stories are actually true & verifiable, not fake news.  

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.

Snakes and bikes. 04 Jun 2021 04:03 #849586

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1969
Stop it      Now

No Poking the bear

Snakes and Bikes   is the topic

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, SWest

Snakes and bikes. 04 Jun 2021 17:40 #849619

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
  • Thank you received: 223
My 50 year old sister was at some sort of function in North Carolina. When it was over she was waiting outside the building and for some reason decided to hide in some bushes to jump out and scare her husband when he came out. Well, while waiting she got bit by a copperhead snake, LOL.
They rushed to the doctors and he told her the bite was very small so it was a young snake and didn't inject any poison. Or enough poison. 
My sister is afraid of her own shadow at night and not usually a practical joker so I could never figure why she went into the bushes.
"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)

• Page: