Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Z1R TC information ? 02 Apr 2015 06:05 #666184

• H2viking
  • H2viking's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am trying to find correct information regarding the app.500 Z1R TC built by Turbo Cycle Corporation ( Alan Masek)
does there exist a list with the framenumbers of the bikes from TCC ? or any other information that is reliable to identify a correct Z1R TC built by TCC ?
I have found bikes from low 1xxx vin to high 7xxx vin ,all claiming to be original Z1R TC
as far as I see it,the only way to know it is real is if the bike comes with the original salespapers from dealership. ?
19 out of 20 bikes for sale are with Molly décor,strange when you know there is app.250 bikes with original paint,and 250 with molly décor...
if you consider there have been several of these bikes crashed,some rebuilt to dragbikes,and some are in private collections/museums, they must be getting real rare now :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1R TC information ? 02 Apr 2015 09:32 #666212

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510
Kawasaki did not keep records of the TC model because those bikes were not actually made by Kawasaki but sent out to American Turbo products, (ATP) for the conversion. Kawasaki never kept a record of the VIN numbers sent out for the conversion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Last edit: by baldy110.

Z1R TC information ? 02 Apr 2015 09:48 #666216

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2629
Is ATP still in business?
Steve

Z1R TC information ? 02 Apr 2015 09:56 #666219

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 303
This has been discussed before on this site and, IIRC, partially answered...you could try a search for this thread.
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Z1R TC information ? 02 Apr 2015 21:08 #666343

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
Yea, someone a couple years back had a list showing orders ect. All in pencil from 1978. Don't know if that list was genuine or not. All I know is I've known a lot of Z1R-TC owners over the years and know of at least 10, maybe more just in the Denver, CO area and all were black Molly paint. I never have seen a Z1R-TC that was not the Molly paint.
Back in 1979 when I first saw the Z1R-TC in pictures and in the flesh, they were black, and up til 10yrs ago or so I never heard any rumor they built any others, but since then, the silvers were supposedly built, but where they went is not here if they built them.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Last edit: by RonKZ650.

Z1R TC information ? 03 Apr 2015 12:33 #666415

• GregZ
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 88
There's a guy who has a list of every Z1r TC made, we spoke on the phone several times . When I picked up a turbo bike a few years ago he told me the date Kawasaki delivered it to ATP, the date it was delivered to Champion cycle in Chicago and the name of the person who bought it new. Dates frame numbers engine numbers etc. The only info not recorded was the color
Do your homework he's out there.

Z1R TC information ? 03 Apr 2015 16:10 #666443

• 78kzturbo
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
i own a silver or baby blue 78 tc turbo bike. There were 500 in total from what i understand. The first 200-250 made were the the blue ones. The sales were not very good so they sent them off to have the the black molly paint or decals. i have owened probably 100 kz1000s, no joke. Not trying to brag, just a kz fanatic. i was the guy to go too for many years before the internet. Anyway, with that being said the real diffrence that I noticed between a z1r vs z1r turbo is on the turbo models the engine case #s and the frame #s are within 20 numbers of each other. My z1r turbo bike is 8 numbers between engine and frame.Aalso my title shows engine #s and frame #s on title. The z1r tc is the ony bikeIi've had like this. Also from what i understand the vin#s are within 4xxxxx-8xxxxxx. My frame is 5997 and engine cases are 6005. Just 8 numbers apart. i also have the factory turbo manaul and pictured is the baby blue tc. Hope this helps. Dave

Z1R TC information ? 09 Apr 2015 19:18 #667349

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 506

H2viking wrote: does there exist a list with the framenumbers of the bikes from TCC ? or any other information that is reliable to identify a correct Z1R TC built by TCC ?

Here is a thread I started asking the same question.

kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/561992...l-tcc-sales-log-book

Based on the responses, many people believe a list does exist. But apparently it's kept secret by an insane person who refuses to share it with anyone. You could try to contact some of the people who say that have been in contact with the insane person, and maybe find your way to the mysterious list.
'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100

Last edit: by DOHC.

Z1R TC information ? 09 Apr 2015 21:34 #667375

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
I'll still call bull on the list as 05/78 was the first entry, and that was long before the Z1R-TC was thought of. It was well into 1979 before any mention of this model was announced. But I may have been late, as I didn't have internet back then, but I doubt many did. We went by magazines, and it was like mid 79 before anyone heard of a Z1R-TC being produced, then the pictures were that black Molly repaint. Maybe the silver original Z1R-TC that I never saw was released before and kept secret, and owners all kept them in garages? Never seen one in magazines or in the flesh.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Z1R TC information ? 10 Apr 2015 12:18 #667408

• 821000ltd
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Check these out.
82 KZ1000 LTD
Kerker 4 to 1

80 KZ 250

Z1R TC information ? 11 Apr 2015 12:22 #667511

• 78kzturbo
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
here is a pic of my owners manual.
Attachments:

Z1R TC information ? 10 May 2015 11:34 #671390

• GregZ
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 88

dohc wrote:

H2viking wrote: does there exist a list with the framenumbers of the bikes from TCC ? or any other information that is reliable to identify a correct Z1R TC built by TCC ?

Here is a thread I started asking the same question.

kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/561992...l-tcc-sales-log-book

Based on the responses, many people believe a list does exist. But apparently it's kept secret by an insane person who refuses to share it with anyone. You could try to contact some of the people who say that have been in contact with the insane person, and maybe find your way to the mysterious list.

After reading this reply I looked around for the info but without success .But lookie here I found this while going through my desk today.
Upper right is Martin's Name and phone number and some notes mainly that the Z1r tc was delivered to ATP in May and sold at Champion Cycle -Chicago in July
When I bought a wrecked turbo bike a few years a few hours internet seach I was able to find a guy who passed this info to me. I called martin we spoke several times and he told me everything about the turbo bike I purchased
frame number engine number date made date sold and the original owners name etc... etc.... etc .....
And he went on told me he has a list of every turbo bike made
So with that said if you have a turbo bike and want the info go look it's out there !!!

Attachments:

• Page: