Bike cam

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Feb 2015 18:03 #661340 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Bike cam
I'll try that. Now the sound is keeping up but stopping every 2 seconds. :angry: :angry:
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2015 18:33 - 11 Feb 2015 18:36 #661346 by Racewayelko
Replied by Racewayelko on topic Bike cam

swest wrote: I changed the settings so the frames and sound pauses every three seconds. This is starting to PISS ME OFF.
Steve

This is from a FAQ for my mobius camera, some of it may pertain to yours (minus the CMOS setting)
Q. Playback is erratic or stutters or the playback colors are psychedelic or the video flashes, has corrupted blocks etc.
A. Always first copy the video file from the memory card to your hard drive.
Your PC or graphics card may not be powerful enough to playback the video stream.
You may not have enough memory installed in your PC.
Use VLC Media Player. Window Media Player often chokes on underpowered machines.
Psychedelic colors may also indicate problems with the CMOS lens module. Make sure the CMOS lens cable is correctly seated and not cracked. The lens cable is very fragile.

My guess is the windows media player, VLC is free and works well, Also for video editing I use Corel x7, you can find some of the older versions for cheaper I am sure but I got it on amazon sale. Good luck!!

Keep it rubber side down everyone :)
Klx 110, TTr125, TTr250, 1982 kz750-N1 (Spectre), Xt-350 (soon to be the new home of a Kz550 engine :) )
Last edit: 11 Feb 2015 18:36 by Racewayelko.

More
11 Feb 2015 18:54 #661347 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Bike cam
Steve forgot to say windows media player and movie maker are crap really - a lot better programs out there and playing straight from camera or card is gonna be fairly awful with a fair amount of artifacting and frameshows.
VLC player is a lot better than media player and movie maker is too limited to do any nice video with effects, mixing etc etc.
VLC should be free - I use Wondershare Video Editor to mix, effects, transitions and Video Convertor to process to any format - 2 diff programs. Seem to do a nice job.Quite a few free software convertor/editors as well ,Mick.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Feb 2015 19:52 #661435 by SWest
I tried downloading VLC, came with all kinds of ST. Tried to op out on all except the player. Got pop ups every 30 seconds, wanted to change my settings, couldn't stop it. Froze my computer. Hard shut down, re start nothing but back ground. Re started again and recovered to a earlier date. Used my anti virous to remove everything. Went to control panel and removed what didn't belong there. Happens all the time. Download something and they want control of the computer. AOL is the worst.
You guys were right. I saved the Vid's to a folder, reduced the settings and it works. Using Real Player for now and uploading one to You Tube. We'll see how it works.
Steve

More
12 Feb 2015 20:43 #661443 by Zephyrrider
Steve sorry to hear that mate - DLS come with all kinds of crap now but you can find the program without all that rubbish if you look long enough - did you go to the official Video Lan Organization site
You wil be needing the 64 bit version i suppose - is your computer fairly new ?
i have the 32 bit version
Just looked at www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html and they have a few versions with none of the garbage stuff
Did the one you tried give you the choice not to have the extras ? Mick

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

More
12 Feb 2015 20:57 #661448 by Racewayelko
Sorry to hear that was a hassle to you, Didn't mean any harm by it. Also you would be suprised how much a little chord will slow down your video playback. usb 3.0 is fast as can be, but 2.0 is slow

Klx 110, TTr125, TTr250, 1982 kz750-N1 (Spectre), Xt-350 (soon to be the new home of a Kz550 engine :) )

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Feb 2015 21:10 #661449 by SWest
It wasn't you guys fault. Good point on the cord. I'll try to plug in direct. I have a older system. 32 bit. Lots of crap on it. Have been deleting things I don't use to free up space. Lots of pic's and crap.
Mick, I'll try that link. I'll let you know how it turns out. I uploaded one on you tube but when I tried to view it, it said it didn't exist.
More learning to do.
Steve

More
12 Feb 2015 21:33 - 12 Feb 2015 21:35 #661452 by Zephyrrider
Still in the dark ages with USB 2.0 but it works just fine and i have a lot of spare time.
Have the standalone VLC player 2.0.7 version install - could send it to you but problem is it is 22 MB
My net connection would be very slow compared to yours i would reckon
That site should have what you need Steve
Doesn't that UTube stuff take a little while - i am not on it
Mick.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2015 21:35 by Zephyrrider.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Feb 2015 05:43 #661472 by SWest
Yeah, it took 2 hours to upload and I have 100Mbps. I think it's my computer. Fired Verizon. All I wanted was a dial tone but they kept charging for things I didn't use. Wanted $100 a month for nothing. Had them for 25 years. I found Jet Wire, $44.95 a month, got Majic Jack, $30 a year, Roku, $57 and I own it, $7.99 a month for TV from Net Flix. I need to get all this crap off my computer.
Steve

More
13 Feb 2015 08:21 #661491 by Racewayelko
Easiest way to do that would be get an external hard drive (my guess is you would need about a 200 g maybe more) and dump all of your music and important files into the External that way they aren't lost. Then do a factory reset. Once that is done put your pictures of your ankle biters back on your computer and call it good. You can then use your external hard drive for files you don't want to lose, or if you are like me I keep my helmet/dashcam videos on mine. Have a good day.
Andrew

More
13 Feb 2015 13:26 #661522 by Zephyrrider
External HDD is way to go Steve and so inexpensive now for what you get
I have 2 x 2 TB WD USB 2 externals - AC powered (Non USB powered - more convenient but slower than ac adapter powered) and are actually 3.6 TB total so i got a little spare room.
They are about $100 each here but you wont need anything that big i wouldn't think just for pics etc.
Depends whether you want to run videos from external hard drive as to what type you may need.
2 hours mate - that is near worse than dial up speed - should takes minutes.
What windows are you using - just me but after you get all the important stuff off your HD i would just wipe everything and start afresh or maybe a System Restore as long as your restore files are not corrupted,
Mick. :)

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Feb 2015 16:38 #661536 by SWest
This is Windows X P home. It was my mothers when she passed in 11. My lap top is X P pro. I like it a lot better. The screen stopped working so I'm left with this one. It has all kind of junk on it plus things she loved. The computer guy disabled the write functions so I can't transfer files to a disk though I have two drives. DVD ROM and the normal CD ROM. He also kept the restore disk. That's 400 miles away so I can't throttle his neck for him. It's a Dell (I told her not to buy one) along with a HP printer. I've been wanting a external hard drive and will get one ASAP. Soon I will be buying a modern lap top. I use to take mine with me on my bike.
Thanks for your help all and Mick, tomorrow is the bicycle race I was telling you about. I'll get some Vid's and put them up on You Tube. My daughter and the girls are coming out and I'll have her bring her lap top. It's Windows 7. Maybe I'll have better luck with it.
Steve