Bike cam

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
02 Feb 2015 14:05 #660398 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Bike cam
You mean you have to vote by law? Here people complain about what our politicians do but only 17% of registered voters vote. When they bark at me about how Fk'd up things are the first thing I ask, did you vote? If they say no, I call them an idiot and leave them for dead.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2015 23:38 #660457 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Bike cam
Yep Steve - one of the few countries it is compulsory
Exactly right mate - don't whinge if you don't vote, although no matter who you vote for an asshole "will" get in.
We had to vote on Saturday just gone - go through the motions and exchange one lot of deaf scumbags for another.
I believe it is a $60 fine if you are registered but dont vote.
When do you expect your new action camera ?

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

More
03 Feb 2015 00:45 #660463 by !Seymore
Replied by !Seymore on topic Bike cam
I'll also be interested to hear your report on the cam.

I played with cameras for a while and still have an old Sony I figured I'd mount up and see what I could capture. The bungie is a shock absorber/safey net. Turned out interesting...

Here's a short vid w/my 10yo cam. Not highres, but it's vid...
[img

C.
79' KZ650-D2 [fsm] (Max)
83' KZ750-F1 LTD [clymers] (Kay)
82' KZ1100-D1 Specter (another project)
78' KZ650-B2a (J&H, A Project)
91' KZ1000-P (P = parts)

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Feb 2015 06:13 #660466 by SWest
Cool Too bad about the wind noise. I'll probably have that problem too. Mine will be behind the wind shield so I'm hoping it won't be so bad. I may be getting it Friday or sometime next week. They have a large "window" to deliver in. My led's came sooner than later.
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Feb 2015 08:53 #660488 by SWest

Zephyrrider wrote: Yep Steve - one of the few countries it is compulsory
Exactly right mate - don't whinge if you don't vote, although no matter who you vote for an asshole "will" get in.
We had to vote on Saturday just gone - go through the motions and exchange one lot of deaf scumbags for another.
I believe it is a $60 fine if you are registered but dont vote.
When do you expect your new action camera ?

My cam is stuck in port. getting excited.
They say if you want to make a difference run for local office. That's what I did. On the board of County Service Area 104/12 years. chairman for 8. Got more done the first year I was chair than had been done in 20. Most of the roads were FWD only. Now they are in the right place, used Mag CL12 to pack the fines (almost like asphalt) and property sold like never before. The County wants to raise the taxes to pave them so they disbanded the CSA, called all our work a waste of money, graded down to virgin material, now the roads are wash board after 6 months. I'm done. There's always some jerk with an agenda lurking about. He gets comp while I got grief and the people? I mean "sheeple" don't do anything about it. I say vote and watch the fur fly. It's fun.
Steve

More
03 Feb 2015 13:11 #660511 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Bike cam
Steve - as usual spoke too soon - you are clearly an exception to my political bias but it looks like you did far too good a job. Roads in the country are shocking here - too many roads and not enough people to tax.
Havn't tried it case off by my cam has little to no road noise i can hear and my hearing is great. Motor and gear changes only on my audio and i have it mounted on left handlebar just below clutch lever.
Best thing i have seen are those flex arms with the big clamp so you can put the cam pretty much anywhere.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Feb 2015 13:28 #660513 by SWest
When the greedy one howled about not having their roads paved I just told them all roads must be 911 compliant. They will just have to wait. The taxes are $65 a year. The County wants $400 more. Waiting for the anguished cries and howls when that happens. B)
Can't wait to try my new cam.
Steve

• Grumpy Ole Artist
  • User
  • Eschew Obfuscation!
More
05 Feb 2015 06:48 - 05 Feb 2015 06:51 #660677 by Grumpy Ole Artist
Replied by Grumpy Ole Artist on topic Bike cam
Hey Steve...Sorry man, I haven't been following this thread...(not that it matters now) but, yes my action cam is waterproof, & does pretty decent audio. (Though HOW it can do that through a sealed case is kinda baffling!) :S :blink: Plus one on the squids...There is a guy locally that insists on riding a very fast crotch rocket in shorts, a wife beater, & flip flops....I give him shit EVERY time I see him, but he just keeps doing it..."skin donors" indeed! LOL!

1978 KZ650 B2
Former rides...1976 CB360T, 1985 Shadow 700, 1985 GPZ750Turbo
Last edit: 05 Feb 2015 06:51 by Grumpy Ole Artist. Reason: Addtl info

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
05 Feb 2015 07:04 #660678 by SWest
My cam must be on it's way. Shows still in China but the last time the next entry is port of LA. Estimated delivery Friday or sometime next week. I might call it my Tweaker cam. That's just about all you see in Desperate Hot Springs.
Steve

More
05 Feb 2015 08:07 - 05 Feb 2015 08:07 #660685 by Racewayelko
Replied by Racewayelko on topic Bike cam

zukdave wrote: I've been thinking about one of these.

www.aerostich.com/drift-hd-action-cam.html

I have one of those(well the one made after it the Ghost 1080)! they work great during day, night time can be iffy but if you turn up the contrast they look pretty good. If I were you when you get it also get the microphone that plugs into the back and put that inbetween the padding in your helmet, cuts way down on wind noise.

Another great camera for cheap is called the Mobius, made in china but is very well made and has a very good picture. Very small and lightweight. People use them on drones, R/c planes and for on motorcycles and such. I am not disappointed with mine

Keep it rubber side down everyone :)
Klx 110, TTr125, TTr250, 1982 kz750-N1 (Spectre), Xt-350 (soon to be the new home of a Kz550 engine :) )
Last edit: 05 Feb 2015 08:07 by Racewayelko.

More
05 Feb 2015 17:09 - 05 Feb 2015 17:10 #660724 by timmythecop
Replied by timmythecop on topic Bike cam
I have had them all. By far the Contour Roam is my fave. Lost one in the rear wheel one day and bought a second. Here is a roam mounted on an oil derrick behind my VFR
[media]
[/media]

Can I convince you to paint it flat black?
Last edit: 05 Feb 2015 17:10 by timmythecop.

More
05 Feb 2015 17:17 #660725 by timmythecop
Replied by timmythecop on topic Bike cam
if you use some imagination, and dont mind looking goofy from afar, you can come up with all kinds of angles

[media]
[/media]

Can I convince you to paint it flat black?