You gotta love young naive harley riders

More
21 Apr 2013 23:53 #583497 by chonus
Replied by chonus on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders
yea ram, i totally agree there are really really fast harleys out there. and while you can make one super fast... its gonna cost a pretty penny. im just saying, I feel like 98% of harley riders order some chrome bits from JP cycles and call their bikes "custom" and you could ask them what they have their timing set at and they wont know. ask a guy about the bike he built and he would probably ask: at base or full advance? and i'd be willing to bet the guy who can afford to make his harley run low 10's didnt do the work himself

-Dave

'82 kz305 lil bob
'82 kz1000 streetfighter project
'80 kz750/4 LTD
'02 kx125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2013 00:16 #583499 by zukdave
Replied by zukdave on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders
At the bar last night my buddy Adam came in on his
2005 1200 sportster talkin trash about let's race.

Told him give the bar owner $200 punk out money
I'd go the five block's and and get my junk.

1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

More
22 Apr 2013 14:53 - 22 Apr 2013 15:04 #583552 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders

ramtough_63 wrote: I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers But there are tons of fast harleys
not sure why everyone who rides a 30 year old kaw wants to bash Harleys

as most of us know the rider has allot (most) to do with street racing
but come on guys if you believe that a 1200 sportsdter cant be made to run fast and
look like it was just bought your mistaken

their are a few 25+ yearold harleys i ride with unless your set up with a turbo or
a on the bottle dont take your title you will lose your motorcycle

our local Harley shop has a poerformance department and the guy is good at taking those 1200's
doin the heads recarbin (or progemming) dyno tuning puttin a sneaky pete bottle
on that like I said if your not runnin a drag race ready 1340 you better not
mess with even then those boys are on the back wheel at 120

dont mean to ruffle feathers but allot of these young guys can ride and have deep
pockets just my .02

I agree there are some fast harleys out there I was not bashing harley's. If you read and understood my original post you will see I did not start this whole thing the uneducated kid did. I was having a good conversation with the older guy and the kid opened up his naive mouth and inserted foot. Also if the kid really knew anything about fast motorcycles even harley's he would have realized simply by looking at my ELR he would know that his STOCK 1200 sportster would not come close to keeping up. By the way even a highly modded harley would have a hard time keeping up with this.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 15:04 by baldy110.

• Proxy
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
22 Apr 2013 15:20 #583556 by Proxy
Replied by Proxy on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders
I have no problems with Harleys. But some of the riders are twinks. It's the same with Jesus. I got no problem with him but some of his followers are twinks. That being said I love a nicely built bike....here it comes......any cc. Grew up in a MC family and have a leg over one more than not. Love them all. But when it comes to power and speed they are nice but when it comes to riding I do not need either. I have 2 650's now and I love them both. Power I can use that usually puts a smile on my face and they are maneuverable. My back is torqued big time. I've had access to all kinds of bike and rode them but I gave them all back after a little flogging. IMHO most people want more HP that they can handle and that is fine. I want a powerband that suits me in the range I ride. I get economy, fun and meet great people. Harleys now work just fine and yes there are some mighty fast ones be careful with the challenges. I hear a group of R1 teens flying by every day. It is a matter of time when one pops a Beagle like my neighbor did with her Honda Accord the other day but instead of $2,500 that an insurance will pay it will be casket money. Hey it can happen to me too but you bet I will not be doing triple digits when it happens. Maybe even be open casket. Everyone who chooses to ride must be aware they are seconds from death some are tenths of a second from death and that is too close.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

More
22 Apr 2013 23:49 #583636 by Hollywoodmx
Replied by Hollywoodmx on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders

ramtough_63 wrote: I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers But there are tons of fast harleys

but come on guys if you believe that a 1200 sportsdter cant be made to run fast and

their are a few 25+ yearold harleys i ride with unless your set up with a turbo or

our local Harley shop has a poerformance department and the guy is good at taking those 1200's

dont mean to ruffle feathers but allot of these young guys can ride and have deep
pockets just my .02

Not dogging harleys but im not sure it really matters considering a
Zx14, r1, bmw 1000rr, new vmax, etc stock will likely beat the modded harley and the modded elr like it was an easy day at sunday school...

- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
23 Apr 2013 00:41 #583645 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders
most times the harley's are lacking on the top end but have a lot off the start.

More
23 Apr 2013 13:37 #583697 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders
[quote="Hollywoodmx" post=583636 Not dogging harleys but im not sure it really matters considering a
Zx14, r1, bmw 1000rr, new vmax, etc stock will likely beat the modded harley and the modded elr like it was an easy day at sunday school...[/quote]

You are absolutly correct those bikes will stomp mine but at least I know that and wouldn't run my mouth off saying it would, that's the point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonarmstrong

More
24 Apr 2013 13:31 #583828 by Hollywoodmx
Replied by Hollywoodmx on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders
Unfortunately it's the limitations of air cooled and heavier bike parts that separates us. My buddy the other day said he got his modded zx10 down to 460lbs. I've been dropping weight in my build but I won't get to 460 that's for sure..

- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary

• The_Proletariat
  • User
  • "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
More
24 Apr 2013 14:38 #583837 by The_Proletariat
Replied by The_Proletariat on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders

Hollywoodmx wrote: Unfortunately it's the limitations of air cooled and heavier bike parts that separates us. My buddy the other day said he got his modded zx10 down to 460lbs. I've been dropping weight in my build but I won't get to 460 that's for sure..

There's been plenty of fast air cooled bikes. The problem is the 1950's technology that HD uses.

1982 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD

More
24 Apr 2013 15:21 - 27 Apr 2013 18:12 #583840 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders
Indeed there may be fast Harley's out there but I've only seen one that gave me a race in over 30 years of street and drag racing and this is only on my hot KZ650. Even the NHRA knows Harley's are slow, just look at the displacement advantage they get. THE HARLEY's GET ALMOST 1000cc ADVANTAGE, 2622cc's TO 1753cc's COME ON , THAT'S CRAZY. The rider does have a lot to do with it I'll admit but if they had the power the NHRA would run all the bikes with the same size motor and weight.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.
Last edit: 27 Apr 2013 18:12 by Mark Wing.

More
25 Apr 2013 13:45 - 25 Apr 2013 13:45 #583971 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders

baldy110 wrote:

pockets just my .02

I agree there are some fast harleys out there I was not bashing harley's. If you read and understood my original post you will see I did not start this whole thing the uneducated kid did. I was having a good conversation with the older guy and the kid opened up his naive mouth and inserted foot. Also if the kid really knew anything about fast motorcycles even harley's he would have realized simply by looking at my ELR he would know that his STOCK 1200 sportster would not come close to keeping up. By the way even a highly modded harley would have a hard time keeping up with this.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Very nice bike. What will it run in the 1/4 mile?

1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs
Last edit: 25 Apr 2013 13:45 by Russ Jackson.

More
25 Apr 2013 16:39 #583996 by kz750rider
Replied by kz750rider on topic You gotta love young naive harley riders
The first sporty Sportster in years, the XR1200 is no longer. The Vrod is a good bike, but the H-D people often don't like it as it's watercooled and from the '90s (I owned one, nice handling for its length imo and looks well too). I owned a Sportster, and thought it handled odd, even my KZ750B seemed a more rigid, precise handling machine, which it isn't really.

That ELR looks sweet, and the right color too.