Z1 ent site still hard to use?

More
06 Dec 2012 21:45 - 07 Dec 2012 13:08 #561785 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Z1 ent site still hard to use?

etbike3135 wrote: I think the old site was easier also. I find the new onw hard to navigate and slow. I like the way the old one would open up and break your bike into categories and even give serial numbers. I know the new one does this but its slow and that turns me off.

Over the past few weeks, there have been a number of performance enhancements. At the moment I would say the majority of the site is very quick. The only area I think it's still slow is a complex area - calculating the box size and getting shipping rates. PayPal payments are slow - but that's a PayPal issue.

There are some changes due to be launched in a week of so that will try to clean up a little of the navigation

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
Last edit: 07 Dec 2012 13:08 by Jeff.Saunders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dejavoodo41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2012 22:05 #561792 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic Z1 ent site still hard to use?
I like the new site. The old site use to always crash on me and I would have to start the navigation from the beginning and would also lose everything in the cart. Hitting the "Go Back" button didn't use to recover. So from that standpoint alone, the new site is way better. As for the search, the old one was just as bad. When I needed to buy jets, I couldn't find it on the old site. Had to call the order in and was told to use the "large mains" search term. Never heard that term used before. And as for spead, this new site seems way faster than the old one. I think if you had both new and old sites side by side, it would be apparent the new site is better. Yeah, the search should have an advanced mode that you can use the logical "and" operator. So for example I should be able to type in "KZ900 jets" (KZ900 and jets) and it should be able to return all KZ900 jets that apply. As opposed to bring back hits that only have "jets" or only have "KZ900" in them. Just my .02.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

More
06 Dec 2012 22:11 #561793 by Jeff.Saunders

4TheKZ1000 wrote: I did a search for Mikuni Main Jets ..... nothing.

I Called Chris and he said..."oh, those are under Large Mains"

That wack

That issue was there under the old site - I just fixed it. Because they are sold individually, the description was Large Round Main Jet - singular - searching on Mikuni Main Jet would get you results.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
06 Dec 2012 22:18 - 06 Dec 2012 22:27 #561795 by Jeff.Saunders
Search on the new site is much more powerful.

If you look under the search field, there are three radio buttons.

The first radio button is search 'Z1 Site' - this tells the search to look at EVERYTHING.

The second radio button is search WITHIN the current position in the tree - use when you are navigating down through the catalog tree and find your model. THe search will be limited to JUST within that section.

Once you get a long list of parts, the third button is useful - it searches WITHIN the current list of parts presented. So it you'd searched for 'Jets' - you'd get a long list of pilot and main jets for both mikuni and keihin. Clicking this button and typing mikuni in the search box would whittle the search down to Mikuni within your jets list.

Also... over the top of the parts list are two buttons - Long and Short Description. Clicking short removes all detail description and just gives you the main part title.

We are continuing to refine this site - so all and any constructive feedback is appreciated.

www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
Last edit: 06 Dec 2012 22:27 by Jeff.Saunders.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
06 Dec 2012 22:35 #561797 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Z1 ent site still hard to use?
that was my hope by posting this,as i know it was talked over just a little while back , my thought was that the folks who are on this site give helpful feedback if there is still some stuff hard to look at in a quick search....like at work where a phone order wont fly...quick impulse sale for that side cover or banjo bolt....and by the time the thing shows up ,break is over and the sale is passed up... the thing i was thinking is that most of us know the name and part we search and still get stumped/give up....it must take away from the over all sales if folks are struggling to find a simple thing

i was looking for a kz900A4 body set...complete body set...maybe they dont make one...then i search side cover...then break was over...no results...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
06 Dec 2012 22:55 #561799 by trianglelaguna
i'm no computer whiz and know nothing about how links and sites are made/work/set up...it must be super highbrow stuff for sure...i just notice it seems hard for me and i can find stuff on other sites easy enough...

my job is fixing stuff and i search doohickies and order tiny to big stuff ten to twenty times a month....seems to work smooth...get the c-card...type in the item and follow the check out....from water filters to pruning shears anywhere i search it seems easier....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
07 Dec 2012 08:31 #561847 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Z1 ent site still hard to use?
lol! for I thought it was me getting older and increasingly more stupid... :pinch:

Search function brings up NADA as well...
Note to thy self, Use Specialized Encrypted Wording... :pinch: :whistle:

Almost forgot, part image size... damn, my eyes are getting old....
Have to click on the part for exploded view to see if it's really what I'm needing.... :blush:

Ah well, you guys are obviously still working on it, all in good time...

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Dec 2012 10:17 #561859 by trianglelaguna
I thought it was me getting older and increasingly more stupid...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
07 Dec 2012 12:31 #561872 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic Z1 ent site still hard to use?
Here's an example searching for the OEM-type zinc engine cover screws:

"Z1 engine cover screws" you get 2 results, both stainless steel.

"Z1 engine cover bolts" you get 3 pages and the one I want is the last item, the rest look like all stainless.

"Z1 zinc engine cover bolts" no results.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

More
07 Dec 2012 12:41 #561874 by Jeff.Saunders

Kidkawie wrote: Here's an example searching for the OEM-type zinc engine cover screws:

"Z1 engine cover screws" you get 2 results, both stainless steel.

"Z1 engine cover bolts" you get 3 pages and the one I want is the last item, the rest look like all stainless.

"Z1 zinc engine cover bolts" no results.

It's good to know - we can adjust the descriptions to include search terms. It's difficult to know all the ways customers can search - we are accumulating a long list of AKA terms...

In this example, we tweaked the bolt set as it didn't say it was zinc.

www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
07 Dec 2012 12:46 #561875 by Jeff.Saunders

Old Man Rock wrote: lol! for I thought it was me getting older and increasingly more stupid... :pinch:

Search function brings up NADA as well...
Note to thy self, Use Specialized Encrypted Wording... :pinch: :whistle:

Almost forgot, part image size... damn, my eyes are getting old....
Have to click on the part for exploded view to see if it's really what I'm needing.... :blush:

Ah well, you guys are obviously still working on it, all in good time...

OMR - what search terms were you using and what were you looking for?

www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
07 Dec 2012 13:22 - 07 Dec 2012 13:23 #561877 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic Z1 ent site still hard to use?
Jeff, here is an example I ran into when ordering a new front cam chain guide for my KZ900. And the site is still working this way.

If I search by "KZ900 front cam chain guide"; no hits
If I search by "front cam chain guide" instead; I get one hit, but it gives me the 15380-1048 guide for a KZ1000J model.
If I search by "cam chain guide"; I get 8 hits, and it contains the one I'm looking for.
If I search by "KZ900 cam chain guide"; I get one hit which is the part I was looking for.

I suppose in retrospect, I should have used "cam chain guide" from the beginning. Eight hits is not bad. But I have no idea how man hits to expect if I keep my search term broad. That is why I like to include "KZ900"

So I had to go down the tree by mode->engine and go through pages of engine parts to find it instead.

So it sounds like you search based on the description witch makes sense. But if that's the case, every description should have at least the model name as one of the tags. Here is the description from the part I wanted:

"PM72-065 - Cam Chain Guide Z1 KZ900/1000

- Equivalent to OEM: 12053-019, 12053-001 - Fits Kawasaki Z1 KZ900 KZ1000A1/A2/A2A/A3/A3A/A4, KZ1000B1-B4, KZ1000C1/C1A/C2/C3/C4/D1/D3, KZ1000E1/E2/G1 Genuine Kawasaki part. Do not use an Allen bolt to secure this, the head may catch on the sprocket. Use thread lock sealant to secure the bolt. "

Funny enough it contains KZ900, cam, chain and guide. I guess because it didn't contain the "front" (which was part of my search) it didn't find it. I use the term based on the parts manual.
One way to get around it is to have the search return, let say a max of 50 hits, that have at least one of the search terms in it. But order the list by relevance. So for example, the hit that has all five of my search terms (KZ900 front cam chain guide) would be at the top of the list and so on.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450
Last edit: 07 Dec 2012 13:23 by KZJOE900.