• Topic Author
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
More
22 May 2012 01:19 #523953 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic Coming to MY garage
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is. :laugh:
KNEW that was comin'!!! :woohoo:
When I get time, I'll go through the 'save/transfer' process and work them into the flow. B)
...right now it's late, and I've had too many beers. ;)
...okay, I might screw with the pics in a minute, the bodywork really is pretty cool ... for a Honda. :P

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bad Kaw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
More
22 May 2012 01:44 #523959 by Bad Kaw
Okay, here we go. (thanks Testarossa for the education!)
First off is the side panels; stock, nothing special but they're in real good condition.

Attachment sidepanels.JPG not found

Next is the tail section. To me, this thing is the shizzy-poo-poo. Yoshi (Garage Company) says that it's "very special" (if you know Yoshi, that's a very big deal) and that it's a limited piece available only in Japan. I think the black blocks are supposed to be 'number plates'. Anyway, pretty trick ... if only in my little brain.

Attachment tailsection.JPG not found

Next is the front fender that Yoshi also referred to as "very special" and another Japanese spec item that was limited. Like the tail section: I wouldn't know, but I really like it. Even though it's red, I've never seen one like it and neither have the geeks over at the CBF forum ... well, those who have chosen to respond ... whatever.

Attachment unidentifiedFfender.JPG not found

Last: this pic shows the back of the fender with that cool-ass little "H" in Honda R/W/B ... cooooool. Anywho, I think the fender stays, even if it is red.

Attachment Rsidecarbsoffgettingcleaned.jpg not found

The fuel tank that I'll be using is the one pictured earlier with the flush-mount filler cap that I had welded in. My painter ain't cheap, but I am; makes for an in-frequent relationship.

Chime in!!!

-KR

78 Kawasaki Z1R
70 Kawasaki KV75
Attachments:

• Bad Kaw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
More
22 May 2012 01:56 - 22 May 2012 01:58 #523962 by Bad Kaw
Oh and these are the sport-kit footpegs; close to un-obtainable, but not quite. They are a massive improvement as the stock peg location is pretty Harley-ish.

Attachment Sport-setfootpegs.JPG not found

78 Kawasaki Z1R
70 Kawasaki KV75
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 May 2012 01:58 by Bad Kaw.

More
22 May 2012 09:59 - 22 May 2012 10:03 #523992 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Coming to MY garage

Bad Kaw wrote: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is. :laugh:
When I get time, I'll go through the 'save/transfer' process and work them into the flow. B)
...okay, I might screw with the pics in a minute, the bodywork really is pretty cool ... for a Honda. :P

Bad Kaw wrote: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is. :laugh:

Until now I had always wondered what caused double posts. :lol:

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 22 May 2012 10:03 by Patton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bad Kaw

More
22 May 2012 10:09 #523996 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Coming to MY garage
oooooohhhhhhh :blush: .i remember those red white and blue colors,straight wood there man.

kinda reminds me of the 84 honda VF1000 .

those are some nice bits of unobtabium you have managed to wrangle there sir.

can't wait to see how it comes together.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

• Bad Kaw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
More
22 May 2012 22:06 #524143 by Bad Kaw

531blackbanshee wrote: oooooohhhhhhh :blush: .i remember those red white and blue colors,straight wood there man.

kinda reminds me of the 84 honda VF1000 .

those are some nice bits of unobtabium you have managed to wrangle there sir.

can't wait to see how it comes together.

leon

Thanks buddy! Yeah, I'm not a Honda-guy, but at the end-of-the-day there are a few 'H'-bikes that I'd welcome to The Barn of Russell. Which leads me to "the story":
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away (11 years ago out in Los Angeles) I took the girl-friend on a little cruise up and down the PCH on this very motorcycle (belonged to a good friend), wined-dined and dropped a knee on the beach, and she said 'yes' [I should work for Reader's Digest]. Found the bike last year right before anniv #10 (in Rhode Island), bought it (Sept), had it shipped to Kansas (October), my friend (uber-mechanic Blitzkraig) has been working on it every since (due to many parts not being shipped until the end of last month ... grrrrr! :angry: ). Good wife, or what!
Story on the bike: I'm owner #3. Owner #1 had a 'Trapp, CRs, CalFab, and Fox shocks, tail section and front fender installed. 15 years later Traded it in on a new 'H'-bike to a Honda shop around Cluver City. My buddy bought it, took a big $ job on the east coast, and upon arriving in Rhode Island promptly managed to scuff the tank up in a low-speed drop ... sent the fuel tank back to San Diego to a big-name body-shop to get it painted, lost contact with the shop after about 2 months, made the trip from R.I. to S.D. to discover the shop owner had un-expectedly passed away and the illegals that he had been employing at this shop cleaned the place to-the-bone when they vacated. No tanky-wanky. :blink: [hang tight ... almost done] Buddy lost his job, I bought a couple bikes from him (this one and my GPz750R1) ... on the cheap ... (bit of a 'dick move' but he needed the money, and I'm a good home ... I gave him what he was asking! :whistle: ). Bike had been setting for several years, and Blitzkraig had his work cut out for him ... he continues to run into little niggling problems, but we're cloooooooose. B)

... now ... picture it in that blue/white/red bodywork ... and those sweet-ass 6-spoke F2 wheels powder-coated white. ...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyep. ;)

78 Kawasaki Z1R
70 Kawasaki KV75

More
23 May 2012 09:46 #524234 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Coming to MY garage
SONUFA :ohmy: !

yeah,i'm hooked :woohoo: !

now,

bring on the damn pictures :cheer: .

i can't wait to see it :whistle: .

keep us posted,

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

• Bad Kaw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
More
24 May 2012 01:52 - 24 May 2012 01:55 #524427 by Bad Kaw
Ha-haaaaa! That's my boyyyyyy! Yeah man, I'm workin' on it, but I can't rush the perfection that is the Blitzkraig. ;) We're close man, ... way close. He's in Emporia, and I'm in Hays, so we got a distance-issue, but he's a phenominal mechanic (seriously!) and it's getting pretty close. I don't know when I'll be getting the fuel tank painted to match the blue, but that's all that's needed for the body panels.
The wheels: the rear won't be a problem, I've got a 5.5" from a 900RR that I'd LIKE to install, and a 4.5 (or is it 5.0?) from a VFR or CBR that will fit right in with no problem (CalFab arm, remember!). The front clip is going to be the "issue", as even though it's very do-able, a guy has to make up the brackets and such to make it right [a little material ... a LOT of time ... I know that YOU KNOW the drill].
The cosmetics: may have to wait until winter ... this guy needs a daily driver and the F-king full-size Bronco gets about 15 miles-to-the-gallon ... and it ain't much fun. Also, if I give in to my masculine urges (bigger is better :laugh: ) the freakin' 5.5 off the RR will land and I'll have to figure out the off-set sprocket thing. Naturally, nobody makes an outboard bearing support plate for a F-king CB-F from 1983 ... F-king Honda. :angry:
...oh, and I haven't sourced my front clip, yet. All this work and you KNOW that front end is going to have to be inverted if I'm going to put it on!!!
So ... 'daily driver' first, then we'll play 'Honda-hottie' with it.
...but yeah, more pics are definately coming.

78 Kawasaki Z1R
70 Kawasaki KV75
Last edit: 24 May 2012 01:55 by Bad Kaw.

• Bad Kaw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
More
24 May 2012 02:07 #524434 by Bad Kaw
Oh, and for-the-record, on the Honda-site I actually posted more pics (hey, it IS a Honda after all) and as proof of my assessment of this forum being the coolest m/c forum on the planet: the thread on my bike there has 25 responses, 425 views, and is 1 page. That's less-than-half of the responses on THIS forum, AND on this site it's posted in the 'red-headed-step-child' topics ... clear back-in-the-corner!!!
Proof: www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=66475

Not bangin' on them, just sayin' all you guys are enthusiasts; means a lot to a guy who has been riding motorcycles for 43 years, was born in a bike shop, and served my nation for 11 years so that I could F-king CHOOSE what I want to ride! ...dang man, somebody wave Old Glory and salute or something. :lol:

Rock on! We ain't done with this H-bike, yet! Then we'll go do some green stuff ... again!!! :evil:

78 Kawasaki Z1R
70 Kawasaki KV75

• Bad Kaw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
More
26 May 2012 12:38 - 26 May 2012 12:38 #524939 by Bad Kaw
For your weekend stimulii, here is a pic of a bone stock-er.

Attachment Stock83inblue.jpg not found

78 Kawasaki Z1R
70 Kawasaki KV75
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 May 2012 12:38 by Bad Kaw.

More
26 May 2012 19:54 - 26 May 2012 19:55 #525000 by Z-Igor
Replied by Z-Igor on topic Coming to MY garage
C`on Bad Kaw,

even the best bike would be nothing without competitors and I strongly believe that any idiot like we are, loving old bikes is happy to see any bike of the same area. On the Honda boards they see tons of Hondas - so it can`t be so exclusive like on a other make board.

I`m allways happy to see a old Suzi, Yam or Honda between all the plastic on bikers meetings. And all the guys goes through the same hell keeping the old ladies on the road.

Beside of that the Bol d`or been one of the legends of this area - even if she can`t compete with todays bikes - like all old vehicles can`t.

We are all brothers having the same balla balla :-) Let`s keep the old dames on the road.

Best,
Igor

1980 Z250A2, 1980 Z500B, 1979 Honda CJ360T
Last edit: 26 May 2012 19:55 by Z-Igor.

• Bad Kaw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
More
26 May 2012 23:53 #525070 by Bad Kaw

Z-Igor wrote: C`on Bad Kaw,

even the best bike would be nothing without competitors and I strongly believe that any idiot like we are, loving old bikes is happy to see any bike of the same area. On the Honda boards they see tons of Hondas - so it can`t be so exclusive like on a other make board.

I`m allways happy to see a old Suzi, Yam or Honda between all the plastic on bikers meetings. And all the guys goes through the same hell keeping the old ladies on the road.

Beside of that the Bol d`or been one of the legends of this area - even if she can`t compete with todays bikes - like all old vehicles can`t.

We are all brothers having the same balla balla :-) Let`s keep the old dames on the road.

I am totally with you, brother!!!

78 Kawasaki Z1R
70 Kawasaki KV75