Just wondering why...........?

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
04 Mar 2012 00:43 #507646 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic Just wondering why...........?

loudhvx wrote: Recently, (last 5 years or so) I've been seeing a lot of 70's and 80's Goldwings cafe'd out. Now that is a sight to see. I know Ron won't like it, but I think it puts a very new perspective on the Goldwing, because for once, the motor is very visible, and becomes the prominent feature of the bike. I'm not a huge Goldwing fan, but that motor sure does look nice when it's got it's makeup on.

Got any photos?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2012 01:07 - 22 Feb 2013 18:15 #507649 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Astro Boy's Bike? Astro Boysz astroboy

Old Man Rock wrote: Gorgeous.... :blink:
Now for the 1000 dollar question, anyone really give a rats ass... Naw... ;)

650ed wrote: Is that Astro Boy's bike?

Astro Boy's Bike? Astro Boysz astroboy astroboysz zAstroZ zBoysZ
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 18:15 by martin_csr.

More
04 Mar 2012 01:26 - 04 Mar 2012 14:38 #507652 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Just wondering why...........?

DoubleDub wrote:

loudhvx wrote: Recently, (last 5 years or so) I've been seeing a lot of 70's and 80's Goldwings cafe'd out. Now that is a sight to see. I know Ron won't like it, but I think it puts a very new perspective on the Goldwing, because for once, the motor is very visible, and becomes the prominent feature of the bike. I'm not a huge Goldwing fan, but that motor sure does look nice when it's got it's makeup on.

Got any photos?

Unfortunately, no. But a quick search on google showed up a bunch, so I guess it's been around for a while.

example
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Mar 2012 14:38 by loudhvx.

More
04 Mar 2012 03:27 - 04 Mar 2012 03:29 #507666 by Kraz1
Last edit: 04 Mar 2012 03:29 by Kraz1.

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
04 Mar 2012 10:52 #507688 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic Just wondering why...........?
I think what everyone is overlooking here is the influence that the factory racing bikes of Mike Hailwood have had on the styling of the CB cafe racers people like to build. If you compare how a lot of Honda Cafe bikes look and then compare them to the bikes Hailwood used to win at The Isle of Man back in the day you'll see what I'm talking about. Also given the fact that the cafe scene in the UK has always been and remains to be strong, a lot of US builders get their ideas and inspiration from what the UK builders are doing. Here is a pic of one of Hailwood's race bikes.

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special
Attachments:

• Medicontheloose
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
04 Mar 2012 22:58 #507819 by Medicontheloose
Replied by Medicontheloose on topic Just wondering why...........?
Thank you all for the feedback/input/pics/etc. It all comes down to PERSONAL preference like anything else. Just like Ron wrote his opinion regarding cafes, I've been around many variations of this topic out there in the motorsport world ie: Hot Rod Vs. Street Rod, hell in a world I was in for a bit: Harley Davidson Vs. Buell (I owned a 99 Buell X1 Lightning), Air cooled Vs. the water cooled V-Rod? I happen to like the look and the subculture of the Cafe Scene. Just like I'm a huge fan of traditional hot rods (not the RAT rod scene, but traditional hot rods). Like TerryK wrote, "No matter what flavor bike you fancy, it all comes down to the passion of the whole motorcycling experience." I'm not going to "hack" or destroy my KZ to obtain the look I want, I feel it's obtainable without doing so.

Once again, just my .02 like everyone else here. Thanks all for the answer to the CB question.

"That others may live."

1980 KZ750E