North American Relay Ride Leg #2

More
30 Jul 2012 08:24 #539525 by boatdrinks
Replied by boatdrinks on topic North American Relay Ride Leg #2

BlackZ1R wrote:

boatdrinks wrote: Okay just made up my mind. I'm going to hop over to the Natchez Trace and ride it all the way into Jackson! It's a longer ride but the road is only used by bikers, bicyclist, and locals. Should be an awesome ride.

Good choice if you like riding 50 mph in a shady forest for a few hours. ;)
Just watch for deer, and huge turtles crossing the Trace. Should be an enjoyable ride.
I'm going to avoid interstate hwys as much as possible.

I've driven the Trace over to Tupelo before, you can get away with 55ish and not worry about the rangers too much. Was considering coming down US45 but thought better of it. More traffic and stop lights not to mention I've always wanted to do that part or the Trace between Tupelo and Jackson.

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
30 Jul 2012 09:47 #539530 by BlackZ1R
Replied by BlackZ1R on topic North American Relay Ride Leg #2

boatdrinks wrote:

BlackZ1R wrote:

boatdrinks wrote: Okay just made up my mind. I'm going to hop over to the Natchez Trace and ride it all the way into Jackson! It's a longer ride but the road is only used by bikers, bicyclist, and locals. Should be an awesome ride.

Good choice if you like riding 50 mph in a shady forest for a few hours. ;)
Just watch for deer, and huge turtles crossing the Trace. Should be an enjoyable ride.
I'm going to avoid interstate hwys as much as possible.

I've driven the Trace over to Tupelo before, you can get away with 55ish and not worry about the rangers too much. Was considering coming down US45 but thought better of it. More traffic and stop lights not to mention I've always wanted to do that part or the Trace between Tupelo and Jackson.

I was agreeing with you, I've ridden the whole trace from Natchez to Nashville, good choice. ;) 55 all day long. A lot of guys run 59 with no problem. The magic # that wins the ranger prize seems to be 60 and above. Stay under 10 over.
Looks like it may be a couple months before we get it, so the temps will be much cooler :cheer:

Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

More
30 Jul 2012 10:01 #539533 by boatdrinks
Yes I'm hoping it cools off significantly before then. I've been seeing some pictures of an awesome bridge that is on the trace. Is that between here and Jackson or south of you?

Charles
Madison, AL

More
30 Jul 2012 10:08 #539535 by boatdrinks
Looks like it is up in Tennessee. Spans Birdsong Hollow.

Charles
Madison, AL

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
30 Jul 2012 15:26 #539568 by BlackZ1R
Replied by BlackZ1R on topic North American Relay Ride Leg #2

boatdrinks wrote: Looks like it is up in Tennessee. Spans Birdsong Hollow.

Good call. Yup that's Giles, Tn., near Pulaski. My old riding bud lives in Pulaski near there. You won't be finding any bridges quite like that one in Ms. :(

Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

More
31 Jul 2012 00:06 #539654 by boatdrinks
I guess it is pretty flat over there. Giles county is not that far from me. I need to go ride across that bridge.

Charles
Madison, AL

More
03 Aug 2012 08:21 #540432 by Renthorin
Replied by Renthorin on topic North American Relay Ride Leg #2
I heard from JR last night. It looks like the flag is tentatively going to hit Michigan next weekend - August 11/12. At this time he is planning to hand it off at Sarnia/Port Huron.

Bear1? Can you still meet him and accept the hand off? If not I can do it.
Dave? You free next weekend to ride?

If this happens next weekend (Sat?) I can take the flag across the state either that same weekend (Sun) or the following.

Dave...What does your schedule look like?

Harm and KZKurt...you two still up for meeting at that park for the hand off?

Post your availability and we can go from there : - )

Will

1977 kz650 B
Dexter Michigan, USA.

Just the average boy next door. I enjoy: SCUBA, drag racing, car shows, dog shows, dog agility, dog sledding, camping (tent), hiking, target shooting (gun/crossbow), landscaping/gardening, and finally getting back into motorcycles.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
03 Aug 2012 08:37 #540435 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic North American Relay Ride Leg #2
Will
I will check with the Boss ( wife) tonite and let you know. Its her birthday weekend but she will probably not kill me if we do at least the pickup and go do the handoff the following weekend. I will post a answer by Saturday
Thanks Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
03 Aug 2012 08:44 #540437 by boatdrinks
Would be nice if the flag got here before the first snow, oh wait it hardly ever snows in Alabama! Bring it on baby!

Charles
Madison, AL

More
03 Aug 2012 08:52 #540438 by harm
Replied by harm on topic North American Relay Ride Leg #2
That should work for me!

Are we meeting at this gun lake park on the north side of the lake?

you guys in front of me and behind me should have my # in your PM folder if you need to get a hold of me directly.

Should be fun!

Attachment Capture.PNG not found

Tom
Holland, MI

1980 KZ550 ELR

2011 Concours14

2017 KX450 [/color]
Attachments:

More
03 Aug 2012 09:36 #540444 by Renthorin
Replied by Renthorin on topic North American Relay Ride Leg #2
That park works for me. :-)

1977 kz650 B
Dexter Michigan, USA.

Just the average boy next door. I enjoy: SCUBA, drag racing, car shows, dog shows, dog agility, dog sledding, camping (tent), hiking, target shooting (gun/crossbow), landscaping/gardening, and finally getting back into motorcycles.

More
03 Aug 2012 10:16 - 03 Aug 2012 10:35 #540454 by kzcurt
Replied by kzcurt on topic North American Relay Ride Leg #2
Im ready! even took the little bike to a 'cruise in' last night, great time. there was a sparkle green 74 kz900 there , I'm hoping to have got a picture.
and next weekend works best for me ??? I'm ok to meet you guys Sunday afternoon as the next two weekends get really busy...
I would believe that its under the listing of Yankee Springs state park where the pin is, Should be nice place for pics but might be busy as its supposed to be hot!!

Flag carrier #23
9 @ 50-2053,
Last edit: 03 Aug 2012 10:35 by kzcurt.