knowing the risk ...i still ride because?

More
27 Oct 2011 15:41 - 27 Oct 2011 15:47 #485642 by cdvanns
Replied by cdvanns on topic knowing the risk ...i still ride because?
When I was 4yrs. old I was quite often holding on to the tank of a triump bonneville riding between my dad's knees from Oxnard to Thousand Oaks.When I was 6 my dad asked me if I wanted a mini bike and I said whats that?He grabbed the news paper and we jumped in the truck and wound up in someones driveway at the top of a long dirt hill and they rolled out a metal flake blue briggs and stratton powered slice of heaven.I was given the heres the gas and heres the brake speech, thrown on it and sent down the hill and there it was that thing that grabs ya when on 2 wheels!I went through dirt bikes and didn't move to the street until after I was married.All I've got to say is every time I throw my leg over the seat of a bike it's always been a rush of excitement mixed with the possilility of adventure! Oh and by the way I'm 51yrs. and my dad is 70 and from time to time we take a ride togeather, him on the Harley and me on the old KZ. Thanks Dad !!!

1978 KZ1000 A2
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 15:47 by cdvanns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2011 17:32 - 27 Oct 2011 17:36 #485653 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic knowing the risk ...i still ride because?
Some folks expose themselves to risks doing things that aren't as much fun as riding a KZ:

"Don't worry Jimmy, the power has been turned off."

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 17:36 by 650ed.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
27 Oct 2011 21:11 - 27 Oct 2011 21:16 #485692 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic knowing the risk ...i still ride because?
this is why...

keep in mind i had my little buddyis on the back filming so we needed to go 1 gear and 30 mph down...but we kept that 35 yr old cam tugging on the 29's and were clipping along well for the kids sake...this road has some wild Mr Toads wild ride circuits and set backs...4-5 straight aways , a lone rider on a fast bike could go as fast as anyone would probably want to,because those straights all have giant cambered sweepers coming up with long see throuygh exits and each sweeper can be seen through to the next straight if your flying to ribbon can be made smooth and flowing...ie...you can time warp on this ribbon of a road....i got to ride the 79 many days home from work and know i need a better outlet for these bikes....and those correct profile skiny tires were super anti social and begged you to keep that big pin crank pumping those 29's...solo...this road is SIC....

but here is a nice little jaunt with my little buddy holding a 250 dig 35 mm cam on dvd setting....

to give you an idea of how cool this road is...look at thew elevation change corkscrew@ 1min or the sweep backs and straights that start @ around 1:20 min mark......this road ...the perfect tarmac and oak trees...all the locals have sport cars or perf trophy wife 5series beeemers....super cars are a dime a dozen and the track is in ear shot

folks do 1-150 mph about once a day on weekends....and the walker ladies dont even give you the finger ...oh i mean..i heard they dont even frown....anyhow watch these curves and drops.....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 21:16 by trianglelaguna.

• stonemaster
  • User
  • Sorry I wasnt paying attention
More
28 Oct 2011 01:40 #485730 by stonemaster
Replied by stonemaster on topic knowing the risk ...i still ride because?
you call those curves ????? :woohoo: :woohoo:

jus ridin my Rickshaw baby, among other things

More
31 Oct 2011 18:00 #486334 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic knowing the risk ...i still ride because?
Cause it's fun.