Crash

More
27 May 2011 14:37 - 27 May 2011 14:41 #453850 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Crash
Wow. Thanks for posting the jacket photos. I've been considering a textile jacket and wondered if it would hold up like a leather in a crash. The textile loks trashed, but the armor looks like it's in all the right places. I'll probably get one then.

When I crashed on the expressway, my helmet looked like yours. The face and chin bar were all messed up. I walked away with road rash on my knees (down to the bone), but no damage to the cranium. It makes me cringe to think what I'd look like if I hadn't been wearing a full-face.

I always wear leather gloves on the highway now too. In my crash I had winter gloves because it was cold, but they shredded away to nothing.

I got a new helmet, but kept the old one around as a reminder of what happens.

Hope the bike comes back together quickly.
Last edit: 27 May 2011 14:41 by loudhvx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2011 15:55 #453856 by shellback1
Replied by shellback1 on topic Crash
Sorry to hear about your crash,at least your alive. I will keep my eye out for parts. My cousin has a 650 been sitting in the barn for years that he was gonna rebuild but lost interest. I will see what is good on it.

1982 KZ750 LTD

More
27 May 2011 16:05 - 27 May 2011 16:06 #453858 by polarbear
Replied by polarbear on topic Crash

Proxy wrote: My uncle caught me riding a little woods bike we had around here in shorts and moccasins. He walked right up to me picked me up and sat me on my ass on the ground. He told me if he ever caught me without a helmet, pants and boots on he would flip a coin to decide whether to smash me or the bike. I told my father and he said he's smash whichever was left. Would too.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
THIS is very funny my man, very funny. Well, at least you got the message and you still remember, right? ATGATT!!!

On the other hand, sorry to hear about the crash. I hope you rebuild and thank god for proper gear.
Last edit: 27 May 2011 16:06 by polarbear.

More
27 May 2011 16:49 #453862 by OnkelB
Replied by OnkelB on topic Crash
Damn Baldy, that really sucks. :( Glad you got away relatively easy after all, the worst part is that the idiot probably didn't even notice that he almost killed you.

Those pics of your gear are worth a thousand words, can't even begin to imagine what you wold have looked like without it.

Hope you heal up fast and get the bike back to it's former glory, was always one of my favorite 650s.

77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.

More
28 May 2011 10:55 #453990 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Crash
Wow, just found this dude! As you know I went down on the freeway a few years ago and I know the feeling! I'm so glad your OK. I shattered my left leg and was off work for six months so you came out much better! But I also know the feeling of seeing our bikes afterward! My bike has been repainted with new parts so I have a very nice tail piece that is of course yours for the asking. I have my old seat which will provide a good pan. I also have two nice side covers also. Let me know.

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
29 May 2011 01:01 #454070 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Crash
Damn Paul, that really sucks man. :(

If Karma is factual, that cage driver is experiencing a cellular enema as I type this!:woohoo:

Looks like everyone else has the replacement parts covered but one, and I just happen to have an extra generator cover that will fit. Shoot me a personal message with shipping info if you want it.

I hope you heal completely, and quickly enough to be able to get back in the saddle this summer. B)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
09 Jun 2011 10:39 #456306 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Crash
So..... how you doing Paul? Haven't heard anything. Working on the bike? :)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
14 Jun 2011 18:39 #457280 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic Crash
No, haven't touched it. I am so bummed out over the crash and all the hard work I put into the bike all for nothing. Very depressing, I'll ge to it just not anytime soon. Gives me more time to work on my ELR project. Hope to have it done sometime this year.

More
14 Jun 2011 22:45 #457316 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic Crash
Hey Paul it bumms me out too, I really like your bike. It shakes me up looking at the pix, your so lucky you were not hurt any worse. So how about a pic of your X-Ray so we can see your wrist. Heal fast and I know your bummed but get that sweety fixed.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
16 Jun 2011 23:22 #457709 by baldy110
OK Mark here are the X-ray's

More
18 Jun 2011 21:33 #458084 by mtbspeedfreak
Replied by mtbspeedfreak on topic Crash
Oh man! Heal quickly! Do you have your full range of motion yet?

2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

More
20 Jun 2011 12:17 #458321 by baldy110
No, but it gets better every day, lots of swelling still.