** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan

• newOld_kz1000
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • FlimFlamFlibbityFlee !! BoonFryedShickaMuhZee !!
More
09 Feb 2011 00:36 - 09 Feb 2011 00:42 #429586 by newOld_kz1000
Replied by newOld_kz1000 on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
KZ250LTD wrote:

newOld_kz1000:

A- UPS is extremely expensive for international shipping. Any time I've used it I've ended up paying twice. Once for the person to give it to UPS and once again to pay UPS's brokerage fees. Not a viable option. Also it has problems just like any postal or delivery service.

B- The issue is obviously with your customs. As is stated on the Morgan website: "USA ONLY. This does not affect any other country. Canada, Europe, Australia, UK, etc are as normal." Now I know that you're convinced of some conspiracy here as far as 'caching' the orders/shipments etc and that it must be impossible for there to not be tracking numbers but the rotten smell is coming from you not them; you've just become nose-deaf.

C- Belfast is in Northern Ireland. Different country.

I just don't buy it. They supposedly have been around awhile. No way will an established firm say "okay our shipping is suddenly unpredictable, that might affect sales, let's double down and ship blind with no way to track the package."

I may refuse the charge to my credit card.

No, they haven't 'supposedly' been around awhile, they have been around awhile. Long enough that your $100.00US isn't going to break them. While I know this will get people riled up about real customer service, yada yada, there are some customers who will never be satisfied. It sounds like you are one of them. They have shipped the item. They can not track it. Unfortunately it may take awhile. What else exactly would you like them to do about it?

I ordered a set of Honda 1969 handlebars late last year from England and I had them in my hands in California in under 12 days.

How is this relevant? England is a different country. This was last year. Perhaps they passed through customs quickly. From the sounds of things it was probably before these new restrictions were implemented.

Just want to let my fellow tuners know that Morgan is really dropping the ball here.

My most recent convo with Morgan was "Sorry we don't know when it will arrive, please let us know when you get it."

Hah. Could be they are caching orders over in the UK until they have enough orders to get an 'economies of scale' big enough manufacturing run and telling their customers to 'eat cake.'

Just to let you know, if everything shipped from overseas to this state was taking this long our economy would die. California imports liquor, alcohol, perishable food products from many countries, it does not take 4 weeks.

And I'm sure that a truckload of perishable food takes the exact same route as a carb adjustment tool that some tool in Cali needs, like, today man.

Someone's not being forthright and I point the finger at Morgan Carb Tune. I would not order stuff from them.

I absolutely hate to see a respected company slandered for something that is out of their control. If you want your package sent UPS, email them and ask if you can get your package sent UPS. Inevitably someone was going to order an item before they had the warning on their website, you just happened to be in that position. Acting like a child is going to help this how?

Morgan makes an excellent tool that I've personally used on many bikes and know many others who've used it too. They are now specifically warning customers that shipping to the US of A is going to be interrupted. They are also waiting to see when it will return to normal. If this is not good enough for you, shop somewhere else but don't badmouth an entire firm because of something which is not their fault.

From Morgan's front page, just to avoid any more confusion for people:
USA CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE. USA ONLY. Deliveries to the USA have been greatly affected by the new Homeland Security regulations (18th Nov 2010) after printer cartridge bomb. We cannot predict delivery times to the USA. Some are almost normal at 2 weeks. Other delivery times can be 6 weeks. Please note when ordering that it may be 6 weeks in transit. When we get normal delivery feedback we will take this notice down. USA ONLY. This does not affect any other country. Canada, Europe, Australia, UK, etc are as normal.

Well I very much appreciate your perspective.
I would like to call your attention to something -- my UNDERLYING THEME to the very first post I made in this thread.

I'm going to put it in big letters because you are one of the folks who fail to see the point I made:

IF YOU KNOW THE SHIPPING IS UNRELIABLE, THEN YOU CAN ANTICIPATE CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES.

AND IF YOU CAN ANTICIPATE CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE THEN YOU PUT A FRIGGING TRACKING NUMBER ON IT.

WHY?

BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER CAN GET *CERTAINTY.*
You see, you fail to understand that's what this is all about.

IT'S NOT ABOUT the quality of the Carbtune. You see? I woodna order the beast if my fellows here on the board hadna recommended it. I know its a good tool. I'm not slandering the product.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM, from my 1st 2 sentences in my post:

"I'm not saying that parcels are not slowed due to terrorism but I would point a finger at poor choice on Morgan's part of shipping protocol.

TO WIT. I asked them to provide me a tracking number for my purchased item, a Morgan Carbtune Pro ( www.carbtune.com/ ). I paid with credit card about 4 weeks ago.

*Surely* they can give me a tracking number."

You cannot let Morgan off the hook by saying 'UPS is too expensive'. YOU GIVE YOUR CUSTOMER THE TRUTH.

AND YOU GIVE THEM A CHOICE.

Like this:

1) "We have no clue when you'll get it. Also, you won't be able to track it. Is that okay?"

2) "No? Not okay? Then we'll ship using METHOD X that will provide a tracking number, if you're willing to pay extra for that."

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Now I have *INDEPENDENT MEANS* to verify that, indeed, the product HAS SHIPPED.

Right now I have none.
I put the blame partly on m'self of course.
I didn't anticipate a firm with crummy and unpredictable ship times, WHOSEVER FAULT IT IS, would expose themselves to suspicion.

Look mate I own my own business.
If tomorrow I get wind that my ships to France are slow, here's what I'm doing:

1) find at least 2 other shippers that may have faster shipping
2) and give my customer the option
3) and provide a tracking number.

I dont give a crap about the Morgan quality anymore. I don't have the tool, how the heck would I even KNOW.

I need to make a decision NOW about cancelling the payment on my credit card.

And I have no INDEPENDENT MEANS to verify I have anything coming.

And the best the person I gave my money to will do for me is 'sorry we have no idea where it is or when you'll get it, and no way to locate it or track it.'

THATS NO GOOD MAN.

TRACKING NUMBER OR DEATH.
Take a look at the red letters. It dont say
'NO WAY TO TRACK THE PACKAGE'.

If it said '6 weeks and no tracking number' in the red
NO BODY GONNA ORDER IT. They need to track it.

1978 kz1000 A2 with Kerker
1980 Z1 Classic with Kerker
Last edit: 09 Feb 2011 00:42 by newOld_kz1000.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2011 05:15 - 09 Feb 2011 06:05 #429604 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
You are missing the point entirely. THERE ARE NO TRACKING NUMBERS WITH THE POST OFFICE ON INTERNATIONAL MAIL UNLESS YOU PAY FOR EMS (EXPRESS).

I doubt you would pay for UPS or FEDEX shipping.

DID YOU EVEN LOOK UP THE AMOUNT YOU WOULD PAY FOR SHIPPING WITH THEM? And more importantly, would you vaguely consider paying that amount - I doubt it. Look at the cost difference between Royal Mail postage and UPS Worldwide Expedited.

Morgan alerted you up from to potential delays - you chose to ignore them, place an order and then complain about the delays. Totally unfair to Morgan.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
Last edit: 09 Feb 2011 06:05 by Jeff.Saunders.

More
09 Feb 2011 05:27 - 09 Feb 2011 06:04 #429608 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
Here is the CHEAPEST UPS shipping $136.00 for a 2kg (4.4lb) package

Versus

Post Office Small Packet $37.00

Even the EMS shipment through the post office is $99.00

Now are you going to pay an additional $100 for a tracking number with UPS? or $60+ for Express Mail to get a tracking number?

You need to educate yourself on shipping options and costs before you make your statements about providing tracking numbers - and better yet, before you buy anything overseas. It's not Morgans failing to provide the tracking number, it's the post office doesn't provide them...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
Last edit: 09 Feb 2011 06:04 by Jeff.Saunders.

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
09 Feb 2011 05:43 #429611 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
Interesting stories guys. Everyone runs into shipping problems from time to time, no matter who you use.

Generally, on the overall, UPS does a pretty good job for me with large items like heads.

USPS does a pretty good job with small items that will fit in their express boxes.

I never use Fedex because there isn't a local shipping center but I receive about 20% of my items through them.

This Terrorism crap we're caught up in is making everyone's life miserable in one way or another :(

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
09 Feb 2011 07:08 - 09 Feb 2011 07:08 #429624 by TeK9iNe
This whole rant is gonna suck if you put your new carb tune on your bike and she's already perfectly balanced :laugh:

Doubt it, but possibly funny... :laugh:

Well said stuff guys.

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)
Last edit: 09 Feb 2011 07:08 by TeK9iNe.

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
09 Feb 2011 07:25 - 09 Feb 2011 08:08 #429627 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

Here is the CHEAPEST UPS shipping $136.00 for a 2kg (4.4lb) package

Versus

Post Office Small Packet $37.00

Even the EMS shipment through the post office is $99.00

Now are you going to pay an additional $100 for a tracking number with UPS? or $60+ for Express Mail to get a tracking number?

You need to educate yourself on shipping options and costs before you make your statements about providing tracking numbers - and better yet, before you buy anything overseas. It's not Morgans failing to provide the tracking number, it's the post office doesn't provide them...

Those prices are just crazy :huh: I shipped an entire head + cams to Northern ****** Canada, insured and it cost me $80 USPS, express.

Why so much money for a simple tracking number in this day and age of scanners and connectivity?

Is it the post office in England that's causing the problem or is it ours as well?

USA CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE. USA ONLY. Deliveries to the USA have been greatly affected by the new Homeland Security regulations (18th Nov 2010) after printer cartridge bomb. We cannot predict delivery times to the USA. Some are almost normal at 2 weeks. Other delivery times can be 6 weeks. Please note when ordering that it may be 6 weeks in transit. When we get normal delivery feedback we will take this notice down. USA ONLY. This does not affect any other country. Canada, Europe, Australia, UK, etc are as normal.

Some more fall out from 8 years of Bush Doctrine. What a freaking mess. I'll bet you if your Carb Tune was coming from China, you'd have had it YESTERDAY :woohoo:
Last edit: 09 Feb 2011 08:08 by Tony.

• newOld_kz1000
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Feb 2011 07:58 #429631 by newOld_kz1000
Replied by newOld_kz1000 on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

You are missing the point entirely. THERE ARE NO TRACKING NUMBERS WITH THE POST OFFICE ON INTERNATIONAL MAIL UNLESS YOU PAY FOR EMS (EXPRESS).

I doubt you would pay for UPS or FEDEX shipping.

DID YOU EVEN LOOK UP THE AMOUNT YOU WOULD PAY FOR SHIPPING WITH THEM? And more importantly, would you vaguely consider paying that amount - I doubt it. Look at the cost difference between Royal Mail postage and UPS Worldwide Expedited.

Morgan alerted you up from to potential delays - you chose to ignore them, place an order and then complain about the delays. Totally unfair to Morgan.

Since you're speaking for Z1 enteprises, I would have to say you have day-to-day familiarity with shipping, most customers do not.

The '6 weeks' warning was *not* on their web site when I ordered. The reason Morgan has asked me to notify them when I receive it is so they can update their knowledge about delays. When I ordered one month ago it simply said

> USA CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE. FROM 18 NOVEMBER (AFTER PRINTER CARTRIDGE BOMB)
> ALL PARCELS AFTER THEY LAND AT THE AIRPORT IN THE USA ARE THEN ROAD
> FREIGHTED, RATHER THAN AIR AS BEFORE, TO THEIR DESTINATION IN THE USA.
> THIS HAS GREATLY INCREASED THE NORMALLY GOOD DELIVERY TIMES TO THE USA.
> SORRY ABOUT THIS BUT WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER USPS and delivery times to
> USA at the moment are longer than 10 working days.

I realize Jeff that at Z1 you deal with customers complaining about delays and are defensive about it and defending Morgan, I don't order much from Belfast UK and would not have done so if the web site was forthright at the time of my order, "6 weeks and no tracking number" I would not sit here and complain.

To most people, 'longer than 10 days' does NOT instantly make you think "okay, 'if its longer than 10 days' that must mean 6 weeks.'

If Morgan shipped as good as the stuff I got from Z1E I wouldn't be calling my credit card company today to initiate a 'do not pay' request on the order.

More
09 Feb 2011 15:03 #429678 by steell
I don't know about contesting the charges on an item that has already shipped. What are you going to do if the contest is successful and then you receive the item in the mail?

If it was me the item would show up on my doorstep shortly after hanging up the phone after contesting the charge. Then what do you do? Pay the bill all over again? Keep it and tell Morgan to pound sand? Pay to ship it back?

Logically, the only answer is to just wait till it gets here, every other answer just makes the situation worse.

It's a lot easier to live with yourself if you do what's right, rather than what you feel like doing because you're angry.

Hope it all works out for you, and let us know how it goes.

KD9JUR

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
09 Feb 2011 15:27 #429680 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
andy9802gt wrote:

DoubleDub wrote:

andy9802gt wrote:

My thoughts exactly. UPS can stick a hot poker up their ass before I ship anything with them after my camshafts sitting in Indianapolis for 4 days due to adverse weather that hadn't been there for two days. They sat at the sorting center for exactly 95 hours and 47 minutes. Here's a novel idea, if you're behind schedule, work a little overtime. What I find hilarious about the whole thing is the USPS delivered my mail in a blizzard, for free, UPS was getting paid and couldn't get it done.

And yet I have had more undelivered packages with USPS than any other carrier. You take your chances, doesn't matter who you ship through. To each their own.

You get your mail today? Just askin'.

I didn't say envelope, I said package. They have lost more than 50% of what I have shipped out. Not a good record.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
09 Feb 2011 15:30 #429681 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
steell wrote:

I don't know about contesting the charges on an item that has already shipped. What are you going to do if the contest is successful and then you receive the item in the mail?

If it was me the item would show up on my doorstep shortly after hanging up the phone after contesting the charge. Then what do you do? Pay the bill all over again? Keep it and tell Morgan to pound sand? Pay to ship it back?

Logically, the only answer is to just wait till it gets here, every other answer just makes the situation worse.

It's a lot easier to live with yourself if you do what's right, rather than what you feel like doing because you're angry.

Hope it all works out for you, and let us know how it goes.

Well stated.

• newOld_kz1000
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Feb 2011 19:03 - 09 Feb 2011 19:05 #429715 by newOld_kz1000
well of course I would re-pay if it come.

however I need a carb sync tool like a month ago. if there was a tracking number and I could get an idea where it was I might be able to take a gander at whether to keep waiting.

it sure aint my fault about the excuses. I contacted my credit card company and told them the story and they agreed it was best to put in a request to not pay it, which is what I did, they didnt buy the shipping b.s. either.

by the way I did pay for my cb750 handlebars on the same credit card (out of england, it was from d.s. spares) it come through fine.

I learned 'dont give me no excuses' to live by.
I really dont care what problems they have, let me tell you that their plan is to keep changing the shipping advice they put on their website, that is why they asked me to "please email us to let us know when you receive it so we can update our shipping expectations" and that is EXACTLY what happened to me, they went from 'might take more than 10 days' to "six weeks" I *suspect* they changed it to "six weeks" doing what they said they wanted to do, have their customers email when it arrives THEN they update their ship time expectations

meanwhile the guy you told 'might be 10 days or longer' is now being told 'hey look at the web site it *does* say 6 weeks'

after they already told me THEY USE FEEDBACK TO CHANGE THAT INFO by asking their customers for ship time

that aint my problem
if you say 'might be more than 10 days' and a month goes by

that is an excuse

there aint no excuses in life, you either do
or you dont do.

If it does ever come I am certainly gonna pay
but I doubt its coming

so I will be buying a LOCAL GAUGE tomorrow to do them throttle bodies on my Z1

NO MORE OVERSEAS ORDERING TOO MANY EXCUSES

Last edit: 09 Feb 2011 19:05 by newOld_kz1000.

More
09 Feb 2011 19:05 #429716 by JR
TeK9iNe wrote:

This whole rant is gonna suck if you put your new carb tune on your bike and she's already perfectly balanced :laugh:

hahahahahaha :laugh:

So funny.

Everything and I mean EVERYTHING Jeff said is totally correct.

and as Steell said

PS Belfast is in Northern Ireland which is part of the UK (for now) and relies on Royal Mail

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust