** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan

• newOld_kz1000
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • FlimFlamFlibbityFlee !! BoonFryedShickaMuhZee !!
More
07 Feb 2011 21:14 #429304 by newOld_kz1000
They have changed their website since my purchase over one month ago -- it now says '6 weeks for delivery.'

I'm not saying that parcels are not slowed due to terrorism but I would point a finger at poor choice on Morgan's part of shipping protocol.

TO WIT. I asked them to provide me a tracking number for my purchased item, a Morgan Carbtune Pro ( www.carbtune.com/ ). I paid with credit card about 4 weeks ago.

*Surely* they can give me a tracking number.

I emailed a week ago, 3 weeks into my supposed-10 day shipping (the site now says 6 weeks by the way).

"My carbtune hasn't arrived, has it been shipped?"

"Yes we show it as shipped."

"Okay please give me the tracking number so I can track my package."

"Sorry we cannot give you a tracking number, the manner in which we ship does not give us one."

??????

So they're telling me, considering the supposed 'extra-lengthy shipping to the U.S. from England' and the strain that will put on customer relations -- that despite their acknowledgment of poor shipping times, they knowlingly choose to forgo A TRACKING NUMBER method of shipping?

That is a serious tactical error on Morgan's part -- I have a suspicion that 'no tracking number' is not even possible. And if it is, why would Morgan choose to ship with no way for them, or their customer, to track a Carbtune order, yet they knowlingly admit they are clueless about shipping time?

I just don't buy it. They supposedly have been around awhile. No way will an established firm say "okay our shipping is suddenly unpredictable, that might affect sales, let's double down and ship blind with no way to track the package."

I may refuse the charge to my credit card.

I ordered a set of Honda 1969 handlebars late last year from England and I had them in my hands in California in under 12 days.

Just want to let my fellow tuners know that Morgan is really dropping the ball here.

My most recent convo with Morgan was "Sorry we don't know when it will arrive, please let us know when you get it."

Hah. Could be they are caching orders over in the UK until they have enough orders to get an 'economies of scale' big enough manufacturing run and telling their customers to 'eat cake.'

Just to let you know, if everything shipped from overseas to this state was taking this long our economy would die. California imports liquor, alcohol, perishable food products from many countries, it does not take 4 weeks.

Someone's not being forthright and I point the finger at Morgan Carb Tune. I would not order stuff from them.

1978 kz1000 A2 with Kerker
1980 Z1 Classic with Kerker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2011 02:21 #429331 by Mcdroid
Materials ordered from the UK are just not showing up. I ordered a rebuild kit for a set of Marzocchi Strada shocks 6 weeks ago and the company says 'shipped' and has stopped communicating with me. I've pretty much written the kit off...and decided I can no longer purchase from the UK. Your experience is becoming far more common. :angry:

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
08 Feb 2011 02:50 - 08 Feb 2011 03:03 #429333 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
Well that just sucks royal.... :angry:
First thought was WTF for mine took 4-5 days which surprised me.... Maybe new ownership... In reading McDroid's reply, seems other companies in the UK, possibly Europe are doing the same...

Unfortunate it is to hear this for the Morgan unit is truly an exceptional tool for carb syncing. Hopefully the unit does indeed arrive in the 6 week time span...

Sorry to hear this is happening to you...

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Last edit: 08 Feb 2011 03:03 by Old Man Rock.

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
08 Feb 2011 04:38 #429338 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
Mcdroid wrote:

Materials ordered from the UK are just not showing up. I ordered a rebuild kit for a set of Marzocchi Strada shocks 6 weeks ago and the company says 'shipped' and has stopped communicating with me. I've pretty much written the kit off...and decided I can no longer purchase from the UK. Your experience is becoming far more common. :angry:

This is about the 5th post I've seen on various forums about people having issues with good from the UK :(

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
08 Feb 2011 04:43 #429340 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
newOld_kz1000 wrote:

They have changed their website since my purchase over one month ago -- it now says '6 weeks for delivery.'

I'm not saying that parcels are not slowed due to terrorism but I would point a finger at poor choice on Morgan's part of shipping protocol.

TO WIT. I asked them to provide me a tracking number for my purchased item, a Morgan Carbtune Pro ( www.carbtune.com/ ). I paid with credit card about 4 weeks ago.

*Surely* they can give me a tracking number.

I emailed a week ago, 3 weeks into my supposed-10 day shipping (the site now says 6 weeks by the way).

"My carbtune hasn't arrived, has it been shipped?"

"Yes we show it as shipped."

"Okay please give me the tracking number so I can track my package."

"Sorry we cannot give you a tracking number, the manner in which we ship does not give us one."

??????

So they're telling me, considering the supposed 'extra-lengthy shipping to the U.S. from England' and the strain that will put on customer relations -- that despite their acknowledgment of poor shipping times, they knowlingly choose to forgo A TRACKING NUMBER method of shipping?

That is a serious tactical error on Morgan's part -- I have a suspicion that 'no tracking number' is not even possible. And if it is, why would Morgan choose to ship with no way for them, or their customer, to track a Carbtune order, yet they knowlingly admit they are clueless about shipping time?

I just don't buy it. They supposedly have been around awhile. No way will an established firm say "okay our shipping is suddenly unpredictable, that might affect sales, let's double down and ship blind with no way to track the package."

I may refuse the charge to my credit card.

I ordered a set of Honda 1969 handlebars late last year from England and I had them in my hands in California in under 12 days.

Just want to let my fellow tuners know that Morgan is really dropping the ball here.

My most recent convo with Morgan was "Sorry we don't know when it will arrive, please let us know when you get it."

Hah. Could be they are caching orders over in the UK until they have enough orders to get an 'economies of scale' big enough manufacturing run and telling their customers to 'eat cake.'

Just to let you know, if everything shipped from overseas to this state was taking this long our economy would die. California imports liquor, alcohol, perishable food products from many countries, it does not take 4 weeks.

Someone's not being forthright and I point the finger at Morgan Carb Tune. I would not order stuff from them.

No way to track the shipment :huh:

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
08 Feb 2011 07:51 - 08 Feb 2011 07:53 #429369 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
but i want a morgan synch tool....

the bike show is may 15th and it will take me four days to learn the set up once i use the tool......and another six -ten to get off my ass and finish the bike by late april

should i order now :P

will 95 days leave me enough time to get it done... :blush:

how weak is that...you could build one in 95 days... ;)

thanks for the heads up...;)

fwiw....i keep my money spent on this island....:)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 08 Feb 2011 07:53 by trianglelaguna.

More
08 Feb 2011 08:20 #429376 by Kidkawie
I ordered some stuff from Holland and it came in 3 weeks via post offices on both ends.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
08 Feb 2011 08:36 - 08 Feb 2011 08:38 #429384 by TeK9iNe
I havn't had an issue with ordering product from the UK.

My Morgan Carbutine took about 11 business days I believe, however, a friend did wait about 5 weeks for his.

I hvae ordered parts from Z1 and had them arrive in 6 days, 3 weeks, a month... ALL DIFFERENT VARIOUS TIMES! I live 2 hours away form the place, just over the border. I now driver there to get things. Met Everyone several times now ;)

You're blaming the wrong people. Its CUSTOMS. After many weeks of investigation, I eventually found out that parcels sit at the customs receiving stations for as long as they care, AND THEY DONT CARE. I went into the Canadian customs center here in Fort Erie (just across from Buffalo) and there were parcels falling off the conveyors! Shit lying everywhere! Labels floating all over the floor! papers flying... I cant say how much more it looked like a pigsty X10!

YES THEY LET YOU WALK RIGHT IN. When I went in they were all on break and the place was empty. I could have stolen anything! I suspect things go missing all the time!

I decided to investigate further... 4 more offices, one stateside, and they all looked the same.

CUSTOMS DONT GIVE A SHIT if you ever get your stuff. PERIOD. CUSTOMS DICTATES WHO AND WHAT CAN BE TRACKED AS WELL.

:angry:

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)
Last edit: 08 Feb 2011 08:38 by TeK9iNe.

More
08 Feb 2011 09:03 #429404 by notaduc
I got carbs from the uk, had them in just over a week.

1980 (mostly) KZ1000

More
08 Feb 2011 11:30 #429444 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morga
Always buy with mastercard or visa card so you can get a refund when the merchant turns out to be a flake.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
08 Feb 2011 11:49 #429447 by Mcdroid
TeK9iNe wrote:

I havn't had an issue with ordering product from the UK.

My Morgan Carbutine took about 11 business days I believe, however, a friend did wait about 5 weeks for his.

I hvae ordered parts from Z1 and had them arrive in 6 days, 3 weeks, a month... ALL DIFFERENT VARIOUS TIMES! I live 2 hours away form the place, just over the border. I now driver there to get things. Met Everyone several times now ;)

You're blaming the wrong people. Its CUSTOMS. After many weeks of investigation, I eventually found out that parcels sit at the customs receiving stations for as long as they care, AND THEY DONT CARE. I went into the Canadian customs center here in Fort Erie (just across from Buffalo) and there were parcels falling off the conveyors! Shit lying everywhere! Labels floating all over the floor! papers flying... I cant say how much more it looked like a pigsty X10!

YES THEY LET YOU WALK RIGHT IN. When I went in they were all on break and the place was empty. I could have stolen anything! I suspect things go missing all the time!

I decided to investigate further... 4 more offices, one stateside, and they all looked the same.

CUSTOMS DONT GIVE A SHIT if you ever get your stuff. PERIOD. CUSTOMS DICTATES WHO AND WHAT CAN BE TRACKED AS WELL.

:angry:

Agreed...it isn't the vendors (usually)...it is customs officials and they march to a different drummer. :)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
08 Feb 2011 11:53 #429448 by bloglos
Dang. I was going to order a Morgan. I've read that they are a great product. I feel fairly uneasy about not having a tracking number and essentially having no way to know if I'm going to receive what I paid for.

78 KZ650 C2 - Runner
77 KZ650 B1 - Project