** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan

More
08 Feb 2011 12:01 #429449 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morga
US Customs is likely to be part of the issue.

Recently, they have required additional security checks be performed before goods even leave the country of origin.

In the case of shipments from Australia, Oz Mail now advises allow at least 2 additional days for inspection at the Aussie end (and they charge an additional $9 for this).

We've seen far more delays in the past few months since the scare with bombs on the cargo planes - both going out and coming in to the USA. Plus, US Customs is erratic in how quickly they inspect packages. If they choose to pull it to the side, you can wait days extra.

If packages are shipped via the post office, there's really no effective tracking number - your expectation around a tracking number is unrealistic on international post office shipments. At best there is a customs document number - and all that often shows is when it hits milestones. We don't have much faith in any of the post office information - it's poor at the best of times on international packages.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
08 Feb 2011 12:12 #429451 by TeK9iNe
bountyhunter wrote:

Always buy with mastercard or visa card so you can get a refund when the merchant turns out to be a flake.

Good advise.

Most credit-card companies offer an extra year warranty on most purchases too.

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

• andy9802gt
  • User
  • If it tastes that good, eat it yourself.
More
08 Feb 2011 13:48 #429482 by andy9802gt
Replied by andy9802gt on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
you guys sure they didn't ship them UPS? Larry shipped my head and cams back in 2 boxes I got the head the cams were scanned into Indy Friday have somehow been delayed due to adverse weather and now somehow are still in Columbus, Ohio. Apparently my cams have some magical ability to travel about the UPS network on their own. I have parts coming from APE that left yesterday, if they get here before my cams do I'll probably need bail money.

'78 KZ1075 LTD
stage 1 head by Larry Cavanaugh
race built crank by John Pearson
Mikuni rs34's
k410 cams
back cut tranny
8" over D&G swinger
proving once again that age and treachery is better than youth and enthusiasm

• hocbj23
  • Visitor
08 Feb 2011 14:00 #429484 by hocbj23
I got a Morgan Carbtune in about 3 weeks and the Strada rebuild kit in about the same time from UK.As stated above,I suspect customs is the real villan here and not the manufacturer--but I could be wrong.bj

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
08 Feb 2011 14:10 #429491 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
I would agree the delay could likely be customs. However, shipping over seas without tracking ability is just plain stupid IMO. It's not like those are 15$ items they're selling....

JMO

• newOld_kz1000
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • FlimFlamFlibbityFlee !! BoonFryedShickaMuhZee !!
More
08 Feb 2011 14:38 - 08 Feb 2011 14:40 #429502 by newOld_kz1000
Replied by newOld_kz1000 on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
My thoughts were -- if you are a company in the UK and you put on your web site 'shipping is unpredictable to the U.S.' then you're also saying:

"shipping is unpredictable to the U.S. and there is nothing we can do about it, and not only that, we fully disclose that on our web site."

That means Morgan is aware that shipping (at least what they'd like us to believe) is basically unpredictable. They are fully aware of that.

So my point was, if you're a company and there is a better choice for shipping, why not choose that?

The email I got from Morgan said they use USPS.

Well I checked United Parcel Service. They offer different levels of service, shipping out of Belfast, Ireland, to my place in Saratoga, California.

HERE IS THE UPS SCHEDULE I just got on the UPS site, shipping from Belfast to Saratoga (below I explain how to see this map on the UPS web site) -- remember I just entered 'FROM Belfast' and 'TO California' this afternoon on the UPS site, here's what came back from UPS:

Now this is *not* shipping *from* the U.S. to Belfast -- this is FROM Belfast to me in Saratoga, CA, WITH A UPS TRACKING NUMBER TOO. Look at the details of the ship-from and ship-to address at the bottom of this image.

Go to the UPS site at wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request

- choose 'Time-in-transit only'
- enter 'Belfast', 'UK', post code BT13 2ES for the 'FROM' city
- and enter your town etc. for the U.S.

I don't buy the customs stuff. How can UPS guarantee me that something can be shipped from Belfast to my house in 2 days (most expensive UPS shipping option from Belfast) or the cheapest way to ship on UPS from Belfast to me in California is -- SEVEN DAYS.

I go back to the point I made. When you're a business, you don't tell your customers 'six weeks' when you can actually ship in from 2 to 7 days.

What is UP with that.
If by using whatever shipping method Morgan is using they 'cannot guarantee shipping' and cannot provide us with a tracking number, LOGIC TELLS YOU that the business would STOP USING THAT CRUMMY SHIPPING METHOD and switch to, say, UPS, or FedEx, etc.

Something's rotten in Belfast.

1978 kz1000 A2 with Kerker
1980 Z1 Classic with Kerker
Last edit: 08 Feb 2011 14:40 by newOld_kz1000.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
08 Feb 2011 15:15 #429506 by TeK9iNe
newOld_kz1000 wrote:

My thoughts were -- if you are a company in the UK and you put on your web site 'shipping is unpredictable to the U.S.' then you're also saying:

"shipping is unpredictable to the U.S. and there is nothing we can do about it, and not only that, we fully disclose that on our web site."

That means Morgan is aware that shipping (at least what they'd like us to believe) is basically unpredictable. They are fully aware of that.

So my point was, if you're a company and there is a better choice for shipping, why not choose that?

Well I checked United Parcel Service. They offer different levels of service, shipping out of Belfast, Ireland, to my place in Saratoga, California.

HERE IS THE UPS SCHEDULE I just got on the UPS site, shipping from Belfast to Saratoga (below I explain how to see this map on the UPS web site) -- remember I just entered 'FROM Belfast' and 'TO California' this afternoon on the UPS site, here's what came back from UPS:

Now this is *not* shipping *from* the U.S. to Belfast -- this is FROM Belfast to me in Saratoga, CA, WITH A UPS TRACKING NUMBER TOO. Look at the details of the ship-from and ship-to address at the bottom of this image.

I don't buy the customs stuff. How can UPS guarantee me that something can be shipped from Belfast to my house in 2 days (most expensive UPS shipping option from Belfast) or the cheapest way to ship on UPS from Belfast to me in California is -- SEVEN DAYS.

I go back to the point I made. When you're a business, you don't tell your customers 'six weeks' when you can actually ship in from 2 to 7 days.

What is UP with that.
If by using whatever shipping method Morgan is using they 'cannot guarantee shipping' and cannot provide us with a tracking number, LOGIC TELLS YOU that the business would STOP USING THAT CRUMMY SHIPPING METHOD and switch to, say, UPS, or FedEx, etc.

I ordered new forks from ForkingbyFrank and they were shipped UPS to Canada. I was told they were going to take about 10 days as per thier site, and a phone call.
I only got one of them, and it took 5 weeks.
The box was smashed to shit and it still had a half ripped off fragile sticker on it.
They were shipped exactly when he said. UPS carried them around all over the friggen place before dumping them at customs, and according to the date received, it was at customs 3 weeks before anyone even picked it up to look at.

On top of all of it, I had to fight with UPS about some kind of special customs charge they wanted to tag onto the parcel - $45 - they can go $^#& themeselves!

No-one really gives a crap about what your shipping unless its first class priority overnight. It still might be broken.

I'll never ship UPS again, and wont order anything through a company that wont ship another way.

Peace.

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

• andy9802gt
  • User
More
08 Feb 2011 15:33 #429507 by andy9802gt
TeK9iNe wrote:

newOld_kz1000 wrote:

What is UP with that.

I ordered new forks from ForkingbyFrank and they were shipped UPS to Canada. I was told they were going to take about 10 days as per thier site, and a phone call.
I only got one of them, and it took 5 weeks.
The box was smashed to shit and it still had a half ripped off fragile sticker on it.
They were shipped exactly when he said. UPS carried them around all over the friggen place before dumping them at customs, and according to the date received, it was at customs 3 weeks before anyone even picked it up to look at.

On top of all of it, I had to fight with UPS about some kind of special customs charge they wanted to tag onto the parcel - $45 - they can go $^#& themeselves!

No-one really gives a crap about what your shipping unless its first class priority overnight. It still might be broken.

I'll never ship UPS again, and wont order anything through a company that wont ship another way.

Peace.

B)

My thoughts exactly. UPS can stick a hot poker up their ass before I ship anything with them after my camshafts sitting in Indianapolis for 4 days due to adverse weather that hadn't been there for two days. They sat at the sorting center for exactly 95 hours and 47 minutes. Here's a novel idea, if you're behind schedule, work a little overtime. What I find hilarious about the whole thing is the USPS delivered my mail in a blizzard, for free, UPS was getting paid and couldn't get it done.

'78 KZ1075 LTD
Mikuni rs34's
k410 cams
back cut tranny
8" over D&G swinger

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
08 Feb 2011 16:13 #429520 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
andy9802gt wrote:

My thoughts exactly. UPS can stick a hot poker up their ass before I ship anything with them after my camshafts sitting in Indianapolis for 4 days due to adverse weather that hadn't been there for two days. They sat at the sorting center for exactly 95 hours and 47 minutes. Here's a novel idea, if you're behind schedule, work a little overtime. What I find hilarious about the whole thing is the USPS delivered my mail in a blizzard, for free, UPS was getting paid and couldn't get it done.

And yet I have had more undelivered packages with USPS than any other carrier. You take your chances, doesn't matter who you ship through. To each their own.

More
08 Feb 2011 16:32 #429524 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic ** WARNING ** avoid buying carb sync from Morgan
You can find fault with EVERY shipping option out there. Trust me, we have probably hit every issue many times over. We ship over 15,000 packages a year, and receive 100's and 100's of overseas shipments from suppliers.

Internationally UPS and FEDEX are incredibly expensive. They have good tracking, they have a fleet of aircraft, inhouse customs clearance with bonded warehouses, etc, etc. Once handed off to a UPS person, it remains in UPS control until it is delivered. Similar story with Fedex. That's how they can guarantee delivery, and why they are so expensive.

The Post Office is a collection of organizations. You are dealing with one in one country, and a completely different one the other end. You are dealing with packages travelling on commercial airliners. Lots of hand-offs, lots of potential issues - and no tracking on anything other than Express Mail. The benefit to using the post office? 99% of the time it works and it's the least expensive option. I'd love to turn off post office shipping for international - it's not practical. Customer wouldn't buy if shipping costs doubled by using UPS or Fedex.

UPS can be brutal on packages - but they handle a massive number of boxes. Overall, they have a very good on-time stats. I would trust UPS to deliver on time more than I would USPS - but I still post packages through the US Mail as they are economical in many situations and typically the boxes do eventually get delivered....

Unfortunately stuff happens. Whether Morgan should/could do thingss differently - I don't know much about them. But far too much is out of the senders control thse days.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

• andy9802gt
  • User
More
08 Feb 2011 16:52 #429531 by andy9802gt
DoubleDub wrote:

andy9802gt wrote:

And yet I have had more undelivered packages with USPS than any other carrier. You take your chances, doesn't matter who you ship through. To each their own.

You get your mail today? Just askin'.

'78 KZ1075 LTD
Mikuni rs34's
k410 cams
back cut tranny
8" over D&G swinger

More
08 Feb 2011 17:38 - 13 Feb 2012 19:05 #429538 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic .

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2012 19:05 by KZ250LTD.