Someone Give me some History of this poster!

More
07 May 2010 17:49 #366292 by Ibuiltmine
Replied by Ibuiltmine on topic Someone Give me some History of this poster!
Im not sure about the insurance yet...Ill look into it.

I asked the post guy who picked it up if we needed to write on it DO NOT CRUSH or something like that, and he said nahhhh we dont even pay attention to that stuff. I said These will get there ok, right? And hes like..yeah,no problem!

shoot...... DAmn it I should have just had them printed small, but the thing that got me about the poster was it was so big.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2010 18:56 #366307 by kawtoy
Looks like they must have been crushed right after pick up since so many were damaged in the same way. I can get some pics of the damage if necessary. Sorry that it didn't work out as planned. I know you worked hard to get these printed and shipped. Nothing against you, we appreciate all you did. I really don't think the crease will be seen when everything in mounted.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
07 May 2010 19:09 #366310 by 79MKII
The damage on mine sounds about the same - crease in the middle and curled / slightly torn edges. I'm not too worried about it - I think a frame will hide most of the damage. Mine is for the garage, after all. On the other hand, if insurance will pay for a new one, I'm in! :laugh:

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

• MentalMike
  • User
  • God Bless America!
More
07 May 2010 19:15 #366315 by MentalMike
Replied by MentalMike on topic Someone Give me some History of this poster!
Damn - I wasn't gonna say anything, but mine is beat up too. Looks like the triangle box was pinched at one of the corners and crushed the poster. When I lay it out, there's a repeating crease from the bottom to a third of the way up right across the poster.

I'd say those boxes weren't meant for posters. Probably should have used tubes.

I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.

1976 Kawasaki KZ900
1978 Kawasaki KZ1000A
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C
1984 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD
1985 Kawasaki ZX900A2 GPZ (2)
1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
2013 Kawasaki C14 Concours

More
07 May 2010 20:52 #366349 by kawtoy
I don't think they sell those anymore. Too hard for them to stack heavy items on top of a tube :laugh: . I am not one to try to get something for nothing but since you did pay extra for the insurance I don't think it would be wrong to file claims. They obviously did not care if the items made it safely or not.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
07 May 2010 20:58 #366351 by Ibuiltmine
I ordered those straight from the usps online store. specifically stated forshipping posters and documents.....
what the eff???
yes, and get the insurance.
save your boxes people.... might need to take the shipping label down.

More
07 May 2010 21:00 #366352 by Ibuiltmine

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
08 May 2010 04:56 #366378 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Someone Give me some History of this poster!
Ibuiltmine wrote:

Im getting the feeling that these are jsut too big. mine is glued to a thick poster board. Its paper jsut like these reprints are,and its not faded, but is yellowed really bad.

I do not think I will take any more orders for these. The full size doesnt ship well.... and to do them on the heavy gloss would be 3x or 4x the price.

Maybe a smaller gloss would be better? but even a smaller gloss is going to be more then these cost.
Ive got quotes for a small size on gloss anywhere from 20 bucks to 60 bucks each....... its nuts.

Dude dont stop doing them. They are nice the way they are not being glossy. Most of us understand the cost of the glossy. I would just get the shipping staright and sell baby sell. Maybe the tubes that are for blueprints would be more feasable. Like anything else this is a shakedown run. All in all i am pleased and will enjoy this for a long time.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
08 May 2010 07:55 #366416 by Ibuiltmine
Thanks man....but just remember..... not in it to sell, really.....

I still have a couple to ship, some late orders....I guess what Im going to do is ship one at a time...... get the feedback fix, then ship another.

More
08 May 2010 14:13 - 10 May 2010 17:57 #366504 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic Someone Give me some History of this poster!
Mine just arrived. Same scenario with shipping as everyone else. Box looks to have been bent during shipping and poster isn't ripped but has lots of creases in poster. Nothing I can't live with. Once mounted it should be just fine. Didn't buy it for "fine art"! LOL Will probably end up in my trailer. I think mounting it in a frame on some cardboard or such will straighten out some of the wrinkles. Must say the damn thing is HUGE! I was thinking it was going to be about half that size but it will be better HUGE for me! If you do decide to make any glossy or if you have more, I would be there for another one. Shipping in a stiff shipping tube or inside a tube inside one of those boxes would be better but I'm not complaining. You did good in my book! Took another look at box and it is tore almost in half right in the middle. Didn't notice at first but only one side of three is solid.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110
Last edit: 10 May 2010 17:57 by racer54.

More
08 May 2010 15:21 #366511 by ronnie chabot
Replied by ronnie chabot on topic Someone Give me some History of this poster!
hi
are you still doing posters
has anything changed.
thanks ronnie

More
08 May 2010 18:54 #366615 by Ibuiltmine
ronnie, Ive got to figure out some changes,so Im not going to do anymore right now

One dude from tcu jsut got his,and he said it was undamaged. Hes in Ill.......