KZ-holics Anonymous

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
20 Feb 2009 21:20 #266670 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
This is some of the funniest stuff I've read on this board.
You guys are priceless!!!
I, however, only have MBD because I have many bikes but only one KZ. Where does this put me on the "sickness scale" ???
:P
After owning my 650 for alomost 2 years now, I can't imagine wanting/needing anything bigger in a KZ....although I DO admit to a certain....ummm....interest....in one of those slab-tanked 1000 J's......;) I think I'd get into serious trouble on one of those hot rods.....:laugh: :laugh:

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2009 21:26 #266672 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
sell all the rest and invest in your addiction properly go big or go home or was that go chrome or go home oh hell it's late and i don't know what the hell i'm talking about anyway. dont sell anythig and just buy more kz's but next time try a big bike you will love the power that much i do know.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

• H2RICK
  • User
More
20 Feb 2009 21:38 #266677 by H2RICK
Yep, TB33.....If I feel the "need for speed" I just pull the big Bandito out of the shed. It's not a ZX14 or a Busa.....but then I'm not capable of riding them to their full potential either. I figure another 3 or 4 years of riding the Bandit and I'll have it completely taped.....;) :laugh:

More
21 Feb 2009 06:24 - 21 Feb 2009 06:24 #266741 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
PLUMMEN wrote:

N0NB wrote:

A KZ-holic doesn't sell a bike without riding it for a while. And only then to a worthy new owner.

You haven't got the addiction until you buy one to ride while you're working on the other (or more). :D

oh,im screwed then !:woohoo:

Well, get cracking on it then!

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )
Last edit: 21 Feb 2009 06:24 by N0NB.

More
21 Feb 2009 06:26 #266743 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
donthekawguy wrote:

The main reason I stay single is that I don't want to hear the bitchin' about how I spend all my money on my bike. Oh, I'm also ugly as hell and don't date ugly chicks. :laugh:

Are we twins separated at birth, Don? I fit that description perfectly. :ohmy:

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
21 Feb 2009 16:12 #266875 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
loudhvx wrote:

Fully addicted and running low on space. Plus enough parts in the basement to make another or two.

My friend has all of you guys beat by a long shot. :woohoo: Since I met him he has this problem with acquiring stuff. He played in this jazz band I was in and we got to be really good friends and I swear one day I went to his house and one of his rooms was dedicated to model airplanes that actually fly and sax stuff. He had every publication, every book, every periodical you could think of or want. He had it along with jazz recordings and then you go into his room with the airplanes and he had at least 150 different mouthpieces for the sax and then the saxophones accumulated and some of them I could kill for, one alto that I really wanted or actually he had two altos in particular that they were just beast kick ass altos and he bought one at a yardsale for 300 dollars in brand new shape that is over 40 years old, bad-stitch, he sold it for almost five grand after I asked him to sell it to me and he said he would never part with it until I spent my wad and then all of a sudden he needs the cash. Bad-stitch. Then the other alto he wouldn't sell he sold for over 5,500. He had a beautiful Harley 67 all completely redone he wouldn't take a seriously reasonable offer from my cousin yet later he sold it for so much less almost half and that money disappeared in a weekend. Women will do that to you I guess.:blink: Not me but he. Before I digress much longer he sold that bike and then started collecting bikes at one point he had over 30 hondas 750s He had a triumph a Norton then he got a Ducati and then a honda supersport and all of these rare collectible bikes he bought a rotax powered 550 side car of which I can't remember but it was new and cool. Then the last straw was the Moto Guzzi 1100 which was his pride and joy and we rode but you know I would go over and he would have bike parts all over the darn place. He finally went bankrupt and lost all of his big money bikes yet still has more now than before. I saw he had a head on his table from a 750 a frame in the kitchen and in the living room I think there were two bikes. You couldn't step anywhere in his house without having to move aside or step over something.
It's an illness! Don't let it get you! Having five bikes of the same model all in great shape? What is the point unless you plan on renting them out and letting them make you some money or selling them later at some point or starting a museum. I could see different models and such but I see that after five bikes it is a sickness. Almost like having 20 wives. :P Although the initial excitement of enjoying them is overwhelming at first the realities of taking care of them become your main obligation. :huh: The whole problem with him is that when I would call him to ride he would always come with some lame excuse as to why he couldn't. He hardly rode them at all. PITY. PITY. But then his thing was collecting and not really realizing that they were meant to ride.:S

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
21 Feb 2009 16:45 #266885 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
N0NB wrote:

A KZ-holic doesn't sell a bike without riding it for a while. And only then to a worthy new owner.

You haven't got the addiction until you buy one to ride while you're working on the other (or more). :D

Oh alright! I guess I will have to admit to it too then. I wanted to buy another bike while I fixed mine up really nice. Just a bike that didn't need anything and was newer and in really good shape. I was fiending to buy the duc monster 900 with the liquid cooled engine and almost did it. But something about Ducati turned me off. Was it the bike and its maintenance neediness was it that I would betray my kaw by doing that? I decided not to and looked for a newer kawi and had a couple of lines on some really nice kawasaki zrx1200s a bike that I couldn't stand the color of when I was looking many years ago to buy new. Flashes back...Purple and then the green and white. I couldn't decide then I found a perfect zr1100 and instantly fell in love with and bought and left that ugly old zrex alone. Lost that in a fire and decided to go back to my old idea of fixing my ltd 1000 up. Flashes forward... I rode the zrex and I thought wow this is going to be a great riding bike and I am going to buy it. It was very comfy but when I slammed it like a red headed step-child it took off and I thought no balls for a 1200 yet it accelerated really smoothly I thought "nope" this bike is not my style of bike. My brother saved me. Told me of a bike in California near to him. I could buy it cheap and ride it while I fix mine up and have much more money to spend on it. I bought it and shipped it to Chicago. Beautiful bike soooo cheap. I bought it from another 70 year old guy who had the bug. He polished all of the chrome and painted the under fenders bright silver. It was all in pieces when I got her. So I ended up putting nice stuff on her and forgot about the 79. All of my free money goes in to two things: fixing the bike up and fixing the house up. Thank God my woman is frugal and doesn't want the nice things in life. Yeah now I am looking to get a z1r and a MKII and even an original z1. Who am I trying to fool? I just hope that it ends with the complete redo of the 79. That will be quite a bit of money. The perches I want cost around 1k. After going anywhere from 1105-1197 spending the dough to get the ceramic bearings, undercut gears, welded, trued and indexed crank and balanced and blueprinted all the way around in to that engine I will have just about enough to buy a new zx14 and have some stock screaming speed. Why would I spend so much on an older woman when I can have a younger model that is more vivacious in the curves:kiss: and screams when I twist her good and ride her hard? And stops immediately whatever she is doing when I tell her to?
Gonna have to make that phone call kzr-ride.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
21 Feb 2009 20:53 #266965 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
i have built for myself two dragbikes and noe i'm working on a street bike shoot out bike also i dynoed my big bike the other day and i'm afraid the engine is going to make too much power for the chassis set-up that i have so it looks like i'm going on the hunt for a car tire set-up and now i'll have to build a smaller engine for this frame so that will be no. 4 plus a hillclimber and 4 kz 1000 or hot rodded z1,s so ithink i might just have a problem why does any body need 4 dragbikes nobody does but i want them so there.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
21 Feb 2009 21:45 #266978 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
when i saw the 1000j on craigs list i showed my girl amy...and said this will be my track bike!
amy says...but you already have a bike....so i explain...no that is our boulevard /bike night/moto gp week bike...the 1000j will be for making a retro superbike.....which since i was talking about bikes brought me to our sport touring needs and the zzr-1200 we will be needing......then a kx 80 mini roadracer project.....she looks at me thinks a second and says.....but you already have a bike....gotta love the blondes

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
25 Feb 2009 02:35 #267973 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
N0NB wrote:

donthekawguy wrote:

The main reason I stay single is that I don't want to hear the bitchin' about how I spend all my money on my bike. Oh, I'm also ugly as hell and don't date ugly chicks. :laugh:

Are we twins separated at birth, Don? I fit that description perfectly. :ohmy:

My brother and anotha ugly mutha fugga. :laugh:

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

• H2RICK
  • User
More
27 Feb 2009 14:34 - 27 Feb 2009 14:35 #268521 by H2RICK

she looks at me thinks a second and says.....but you already have a bike....gotta love the blondes

That's amazing, TL !!! Maybe I'm married to her long-lost sister ???:laugh:
When she tried that one on me when I got my SECOND bike (about 20 years ago), I pointed out to her that she had (at that time) about 100 pairs of fancy Italian-made shoes (not including sneakers and other casual shoes). The answer was (with typical female logic): "That's different!!!" :laugh: :laugh:
However, she hasn't brought the matter up since, even after I bought the 6th and 7th bikes......:laugh:

Last edit: 27 Feb 2009 14:35 by H2RICK.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
28 Feb 2009 06:35 - 28 Feb 2009 06:39 #268635 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic KZ-holics Anonymous
yesterday was a close one.....i had been doing so good too...i guess i just forgot how bad things were before, and was gonna try and re-live te"good ole days"...

Anyway i'm riding in town and i saw a motorcycle cop(bmw) and i remembered how tough they can be on a guy.....but then it was like i was sombody else for a second...i did'nt want to gun my throttle but i did it anyway,like someone elses hand was moving my arm...three times...and i thought i was only gonna do one....lucky for me he was two lanes over at this stop sign and already turning.....i got a mean look and a mirror check......
It is getting worse,i can feel it building and it is not even summer yet.....i am going for a ride this morning and can allrady tell that i'm in bad shape...my hands are shaking...mt stomachs all grinding.....it's 6:25 a.m cali time...and i can hardly wait the 35 minutes i promised myself.....i allways said i would never wake up and start right away....i mean just a little bit to take the edge off won't hurt?maybe i'll just go let it warm up a little...i'll be good i promise.......This is hell......

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 28 Feb 2009 06:39 by trianglelaguna.