Stupid cagers!

More
22 Jul 2008 18:01 #227746 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Stupid cagers!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My bro loved his bat!! Thanks Scrapper! B)

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2008 18:20 #227749 by slowman
Replied by slowman on topic Stupid cagers!
She was an older lady, not like 80 years old. :D She was probably in her mid 50's.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, we have a horsepower advantage (well more accurately power/weight ratio). I'll probably just use that from now on.

In theory, I do like the ball bearing idea. And scrapper's bat story. You probably couldn't get away with something like that these days! :p In a forum these things sound great, but not so in real life. :D

1979 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD

The only thing better than the sound of a carburettor opening is the sound of 4 carburettors opening simultaneously!

More
22 Jul 2008 19:24 #227754 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Stupid cagers!
slowman wrote:

we have a horsepower advantage (well more accurately power/weight ratio).

i think it's time to remember who has the weight and sheer mass advantage

she swerved by not paying attention. what would've happened if someone decided to stick up for her ?
one bump from behind and your roadkill.
imo it's just not worth it.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

• oldkaws4ever
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
More
22 Jul 2008 19:34 #227756 by oldkaws4ever
Replied by oldkaws4ever on topic Stupid cagers!
I had a close call last year on the Z1, i had just brought it out from storage and getting all the winter gremlins out of her, i was out on a Busy road here and minding my own buisness and this young girl maby 17 or 18 with her windows rolled up and the ac blasting and thant god dang rap music on as loud as it would go. She blows her horn and starts tail gateing me so i wave her to go by. Still nothing so i pull over in the left lane and she slows down . I figure ok she got a brain cell feft. Outa know were i here an engine revv up and she comes cooking around me and actually cout the very tip of my fron tire. Then one of Darien's finest in an unmarked squad comes cooking around me and catches up to her, and pulls the crazy bitch over. I was approaching the cop when he flagged me down so i pulled over. He said that he seen her catch my front tire and asked if i wanted to press charges, and of coarse i said yes. He got her for reckless driving, speeding and un safe lane changes. Turns out she had a little marijuana with her to. But i found out that cagers are terrified of two motorcycles riding together they must figure you must be deciples of the hells angels. But if you are by yourself you are fair game for the cagers.

74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

More
22 Jul 2008 19:39 #227758 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic Stupid cagers!
RonKZ650 wrote:

All these years I've had very little problem with cars. A friend of mine though was rearended on his Harley, and when he's laying on the road the guy that hit him walks up to him with a gun and said "today's the day you die", and shot him. You never know, even a 70 yr old woman can be a deranged killer, so leave them go if they "almost kill you" is probably best. Easier said than done.

There has to be another side to this story....

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
22 Jul 2008 19:59 #227762 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Stupid cagers!
OKC_Kent wrote:

RonKZ650 wrote:

All these years I've had very little problem with cars. A friend of mine though was rearended on his Harley, and when he's laying on the road the guy that hit him walks up to him with a gun and said "today's the day you die", and shot him. You never know, even a 70 yr old woman can be a deranged killer, so leave them go if they "almost kill you" is probably best. Easier said than done.

Of course I only heard one side as is usual on these kind of stories, but the way he told it to me as well as other guys in Denver here was he had no interaction with this guy (or guys), I can't remember if there was one or more. It was an old Chevy pickup and a simple rearend accident, and not a 50 mph thing or anything major, just enough to knock Cy off his Harley into the street, then this event happened. That's the way he told it to me and I believe him as he was a clean cut 30 yr old kid. :) That doesn't mean anything, but if you knew the guy, and I knew him for quite a few years before this happened I believe what he told me. I know he got shot after being rearended, that's for sure, and the line that he told me the guy said to him before being shot has stuck with me for years.
I don't see any reason if he had a confrontation with these guys he'd try to lie about that. He got shot laying on the ground, that's a fact.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
22 Jul 2008 21:09 #227777 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Stupid cagers!
RonKZ650 wrote:

OKC_Kent wrote:

RonKZ650 wrote:

Of course I only heard one side as is usual on these kind of stories, but the way he told it to me as well as other guys in Denver here was he had no interaction with this guy (or guys), I can't remember if there was one or more. It was an old Chevy pickup and a simple rearend accident, and not a 50 mph thing or anything major, just enough to knock Cy off his Harley into the street, then this event happened. That's the way he told it to me and I believe him as he was a clean cut 30 yr old kid. :) That doesn't mean anything, but if you knew the guy, and I knew him for quite a few years before this happened I believe what he told me. I know he got shot after being rearended, that's for sure, and the line that he told me the guy said to him before being shot has stuck with me for years.
I don't see any reason if he had a confrontation with these guys he'd try to lie about that. He got shot laying on the ground, that's a fact.

i'm not going to call bullshit on this one.
i have been on my scoot riding home after midnight before and had a a$$hole just swerve at me.
i flipped up the faceshield ( modular ) and asked " what the f#ck is your problum?"
dude pointed a gun at me and asked if i was some kind of tough guy.
no way i could've ever unzipped and got mine before i was shot so i turned into the worlds biggest p#ssy and swore up and down how i didn't see him and said i'm sorry quite a few times.

bottom line is i don't confront cagers too much anymore.
most of the time i just count my blessings i didn't wreck.

i got a keen eye now.
when you see someone and think to yourself " this guy is going to pull in front of me"
9 out of 10 times he does.
just be ready for it.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

• clutch
  • User
  • I wish I had a tad more patience to do it better!
More
22 Jul 2008 21:17 - 22 Jul 2008 21:19 #227779 by clutch
Replied by clutch on topic Stupid cagers!
Being new to riding motorcycles myself, and having not yet braved the open road since I just got my tags today (been putting around the neighborhood for the last five days), I don't yet have a cager story to share.

I feel glad looking back that I always was aware of motorcyclists while driving my cars and trucks. I'm not saying that I approve of the mischief, nor am I saying that I disagree with the "teaching methods" that some of you have posted about here. Just saying that I'm glad I never was on the receiving end of any of those episodes.

I will say however that I agree with ltdrider about karma. Now, in his post it seemed that it was some punk kids being dangerously wreckless, but in almost every other situation I read (with the possible exception of the original post about twice in 30 secs) it seemed to be carelessness or just an honest mistake. We are all fully aware that riding motorcycles puts us at risk, and we all except that risk and know that we need to be fully aware of all other drivers on the road. I guess I'm just saying that if it really was an accident, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of the karmic payback for slashing someone's tire, severely damaging paint and/or windshield with a pocket full of ball bearings, etc....

Just my two cents,

Clutch

Southern Maryland, USA

1980 KZ250 LTD (traded, but still missed)
1982 KZ750 E3 (Cafe Project) (Dyna-S, Dyna Coils, V&H 4-1, K&N Pods, 6 Sigma Jet Kit, Acewell Computer, Woodcraft Clip-ons, Custom Rewire)
1966 A1 Samurai (Restoration Project)

Wish List:
KZ1000 P (For a "touring" bike)
Z1 (need I...
Last edit: 22 Jul 2008 21:19 by clutch. Reason: fixing my grammar

More
23 Jul 2008 05:55 #227821 by Locozuna
Young humans are chest pounding gorillas who feel the need to prove (or appear to prove) they are the silverback and not about to take crap from anybody. They believe themselves to be from Krypton. Then one day they get schooled. They run into someone crazier, bigger, better armed or with less to live for. OR they wake up with the old lady standing over them with the baseball bat and remember the words "Ya gotta sleep sometime!". OR they are sitting in a 6 by 8 room 22 hours a day (not a cubicle)! OR they are sleeping in or under dirt. Dick fights can be amusing but you usually grow out of them if you're lucky. But they can also influence the easily influenced (usually the young or very old) to do very stupid things. Also, these chest pounding bafoons ...er baboons are not the badasses they make themselves out to be, in most cases. It's the quiet ones that are the real danger cases.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied

More
23 Jul 2008 09:02 #227838 by coppertales
Replied by coppertales on topic Stupid cagers!
If you would have pulled up next to me and pulled out a knife, you would have been shot........chris3

1982 KZ1100 A2
1982 1100 SPECTRE
1982 1100 SPECTRE

More
23 Jul 2008 13:29 #227881 by slowman
Replied by slowman on topic Stupid cagers!
^^^ Assuming that you did to me what the lady did?

You would have cut me off twice, nearly killing me both times... and then shot me to make a point?

1979 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD

The only thing better than the sound of a carburettor opening is the sound of 4 carburettors opening simultaneously!

More
23 Jul 2008 15:16 #227897 by Locozuna
I don't think he meant to make a point. Just as I don't think the lady was TRYING to cut you off. She's an idiot, by doing what you did you also acted an idiot when you pulled out a knife. Someone pulls out a knife on me and I'm not going to ask him what he plans to do with it either. I'd be more inclined 1) Take off, 2) open my door into you or take off into you, 3) Yes shoot or at least put you in the sights. Point is, today you really don't know what someone is going to do. Besides first time she cut you off she should NOT have had a second chance. You could have followed her at a safe distance until you had a chance to safely approach her and tell her what she did. All she saw was some biker pull up and start yelling at her, then when she rolled up her window you took out a weapon and stuck it in her car. I still don't see how you covered your plate when you got out of Dodge but you are lucky you have not been visited by the old lady terrorist police. :huh:

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied