Stupid cagers!

More
22 Jul 2008 12:54 - 22 Jul 2008 12:57 #227675 by slowman
Stupid cagers! was created by slowman
Please share your cager stories, as I'm sure we can all relate to these events... Here's mine. You don't have to explain in such detail as I did, but this is very fresh in my mind.

Had a run-in today with a cager in a brand new Chevy Malibu. Older lady, dog on the lap... you know the type.

1. I was in an exit lane, and she was to my left.
2. At the last minute, the lady decided to swerve into the exit lane with no turn signal.
3. Since I always cover my brakes and clutch, I grabbed a handful of both levers and avoided that.
4. I looked over at the lady and she made direct eye contact, so I shook my fist at her. She knew what she did.
5. I moved over to the far right exit lane (this exit is 4 lanes by the way, two exiting left and two exiting right) to put some distance between her and myself.
6. I made the turn off to the right, and passed another car and got in front of it just to put a car between her and myself.
7. She starts speeding up, gets almost in front of me, and then starts moving into my lane again.
8. Considering there was now a car behind me, I didn't want to grab a handful of brake again. Thank GOD there was no curb on the side of this road, so I took the only escape route I saw, the sidewalk.
9. At this point I was absolutely PEEVED. I followed her to a stoplight and got next to her. I tried explaining that she nearly KILLED me twice, but she rolled her window up. At this point, all logic and reasoning were thrown out the window as far as I was concerned. Just as the light turned green, I jabbed my knife right into the sidewall of her front tire and rode off with my hand covering the license plate.

In retrospect, it was probably not the right thing to do. I should have probably just let her get far away from me. That being said, I don't feel bad about doing it. She was a damn hazard, and not only to myself. She was just driving as if she was the only person on the road.

/end rant

1979 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD

The only thing better than the sound of a carburettor opening is the sound of 4 carburettors opening simultaneously!
Last edit: 22 Jul 2008 12:57 by slowman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KOOL RYDER
  • User
  • KZ 650B2 / KZ 1000E
More
22 Jul 2008 13:30 #227684 by KOOL RYDER
Replied by KOOL RYDER on topic Stupid cagers!
Well after reading your post I must say that I am glad that you are alive.

I am a little ashamed for you that you did what you did, however.

Regardless of her actions, you should have been able to rise above all of that and ride off after giving her a good tounge lashing.

The problem is that when you do something like that, other people see you and say look at that A##hole. It sort of paints all bikers with the same brush.

Anyways I am not trying to give you a hard time, just get you to stop and think about it the next time.

Who knows if a cop will be in an unmarked car "the next time".

Keep alert and stay alive.

Rockin\' a KZ650B2 since 2007 and a KZ 1000E since 2008

1978 KZ650B
1979 KZ1000ST

More
22 Jul 2008 13:44 #227685 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Stupid cagers!
?????
First off you slashed an old lady's tire? Come on! I've lost it plenty of times but never took it out on an old person and hope to hell I never do. I sure would have let her had an earful but you went too far. Stranding an old lady on the side of the road is not a good idea under any circumstances. :angry:

Secondly where is your plate that you can put your hand over it and take off?

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

• Scrapper
  • User
  • I Survived P.D. Fri .the 13th 2008 .
More
22 Jul 2008 13:48 #227686 by Scrapper
Replied by Scrapper on topic Stupid cagers!
This says it about right ::Motorcyclist thanks 'helpful' motorists
I am writing this letter to show my appreciation to all the local driverswho have helped me develop my skills at motorcycle riding.
Without your helpat honing my reflexes, I would not be able to ride at age 62. Special thanks go to the following people:

The lady in the Mustang who shared my lane with me while holding acigarette in her left hand and a cup of coffee in the other hand. Thistaught me how to ride on grass almost as well as pavement.
The lady who stopped 6 inches behind me at a red light. I guess she figuredshe would assist me with a push if my bike choked down.

The gentleman who passed me and cut back in front of me with six feet tospare. I blew my horn and got a friendly wave back. I'm sure sorry he has only one finger on that hand.

Last, but not least are the truck drivers who play the game with me called"Trap The Old Geezer." This is when one truck is in front of me, one behindme and one on my left on Hwy 401 at 75 mph. Now I know what NASCAR drafting is like.

If you drivers keep assisting me like this, I may be able to ride until Iam 70, or I won't have to worry about life in an old folks home.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your assistance. :P

Handle every situation like a dog,
If you can't eat it or hump it,
Piss on it and walk away!

More
22 Jul 2008 14:08 - 22 Jul 2008 14:09 #227687 by slowman
Replied by slowman on topic Stupid cagers!
Like I said, in retrospect I shouldn't have done it.

I was as polite as I could have been considering the circumstances. I never did yell at her, I just simply tried to explain that she almost killed me TWICE in a 30 second timeframe.

I don't feel bad that I did that to her, but I do feel bad that someone else might have seen it and gotten a bad impression of motorcyclists. I may not like the fact that people generalize like this, but it is true. I never meant to paint motorcyclists with a bad brush, but I realize that that is what I very well might have done. It is hard to remember that in the moment with adrenaline pumping...

Lesson learned for myself: if your "head" is not right, its time to park it and get it together.

Lesson learned for her is obvious, and I hope she did learn it. Although my teaching method might not have been the best...

Edit: Thanks for that Scrapper, every time I run into your humor I appreciate it. :D

1979 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD

The only thing better than the sound of a carburettor opening is the sound of 4 carburettors opening simultaneously!
Last edit: 22 Jul 2008 14:09 by slowman.

• PFC FNG
  • User
  • I've got the sickness!!!
More
22 Jul 2008 15:03 #227695 by PFC FNG
Replied by PFC FNG on topic Stupid cagers!
Thats nothing. I got a 20 year old punk in a camaro convertible.

I'm driving down the road minding my own damn business when this punk starts tailgating me and honking his horn (bare in mind I am already speeding a little but) so I wave him to go around me that way he can go on his merry way. He doesn't even bother to change lanes. He tries to run me off the road, slides his convertible in front of me and then locks his brakes right before an intersection. I pulled next to him at the light and asked him if he was trying to kill somebody. He replied "fuck you man" and dumped his pop on my boots. You can imagine how things progressed from there.

Let me just say Fraser cops are the coolest.

I know it would not be any fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?
84 ZX750 GPZ (Waiting for paint)
Eastpoint, Mi

More
22 Jul 2008 16:03 #227716 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Stupid cagers!
All these years I've had very little problem with cars. A friend of mine though was rearended on his Harley, and when he's laying on the road the guy that hit him walks up to him with a gun and said "today's the day you die", and shot him. You never know, even a 70 yr old woman can be a deranged killer, so leave them go if they "almost kill you" is probably best. Easier said than done.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
22 Jul 2008 16:04 #227719 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic Stupid cagers!
I was riding home on the fwy last summer, doing 70 in the middle lane. The car on my left comes up and when his back tire gets about even with my front tire, he moves the car over into my lane. I squeezed the brake, and just missed kissing his rear bumper with my front tire.
I look into the car, and there's a 17 yr old punk in the back seat, looking at me and LAUGHING! He's slapping his buds in front and pointing at me, and I could almost hear him saying "do it again!"
I flipped them off and let them get ahead of me.
Turns out there was a traffic snarl 10 miles later, and who do you think I saw, sitting in traffic as I was splitting lanes?
I 'accidently' bumped their mirror and kept on going. I don't think the mirror fell off the car, but I'm sure I damaged it. Karma.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
22 Jul 2008 16:19 #227724 by SPARKY47
Replied by SPARKY47 on topic Stupid cagers!
We have a more effective way of showing our disapproval here...a pocket full of ball bearings thrown upwards from in front of the idiot.
Not like it?
Learn to drive.

1980 KZ500 B2

More
22 Jul 2008 17:22 #227739 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Stupid cagers!
Had to go back and read the post again. You said older lady not old lady. While I still do not think your solution was cool at least I am not seeing my grandmother sitting on the side of the road having a heart attack for being a idiot. There are all kinds of idiots out there and no doubt they come in all ages and on all number of wheels. But always remember just like in football it's usually the retaliator that gets the flag. And as for throwing up a handfull of ball bearings I hope the other guy is the only one around cause they can bounce pretty far AND I hope I am not the one coming down the road in the next 5 minutes and going to hit them. Sometimes these boastfull solutions sounds downright stupid.

Still have not heard how you can cover your plate with your hand and take off. I'm very perplexed over that one. :huh:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

• Scrapper
  • User
  • I Survived P.D. Fri .the 13th 2008 .
More
22 Jul 2008 17:42 #227741 by Scrapper
Replied by Scrapper on topic Stupid cagers!
One time many MoOons ago , I was riding along behind a car that was going 40 miles an hr , I pulled out to pass and the guy swerved at me , I swerved clear to the gravel on the shoulder and fell back in behind him again
( Now I was 25 years old and I think he was in his 60's and his wife was in the car) Anyway looking through his back window , I could see his wife giving him a tounge lashing, now hes slowed back down again ,
Out i go to pass him again and same thing , He kicks her down and trys to hit me,
off the road this time i go into the ditch hold her up get back on the road again I can see him up in front of me and the woman is hitting him with something , nows my chance ( Oh by the way I always carried a childs 2 1/2 ft baseball bat filled with lead 6 inches in the end and capped)for , ... er... uh... dogs , Yah thats it Dogs!

anyway I pull out to pass come up along side him he swerves I let loose on his now shattered side window and a couple of shots to his windsheild and as i was letting loose , in my mirror I see a flashing red light .
Oh Oh Ont holsteins

we both pulled over cop cuffed me and the Woman , Bless her heart told the cop the whole story and told him to let me go and arrest her husband , that I had done nothing wrong up to that point , I was cut loose with a warnnig and lost my bat , Dont know what became of him

Handle every situation like a dog,
If you can't eat it or hump it,
Piss on it and walk away!

More
22 Jul 2008 17:57 #227745 by DasTeufel
Replied by DasTeufel on topic Stupid cagers!
I think dealing with asshat drivers is part of being a motorcyclist. Last week, while riding home, I was going through an industrial area. I look in my mirror, and see the grill of an F150 coming upon me pretty fast. I was on the 250 that day, and spurred it to go faster. By this time I am doing around 70, and the truck is still behind me. At the end of the street I was on, there is a sharp 90 degree left hander. Downshift a few times, grab some brake, hang off, and went through that turn the fastest I had ever gone. Got up to the light not far after the turn, and the truck pulled up next to me. I look over, and it was a dude in his early 20's. Light turns green, and he takes off..last I saw of him.

I have had my share of close calls with cagers. I used to be pretty destructive when someone cut me off or got too close, but not any more. I have a horsepower, handling, and braking advantage. I just put distance between those that piss me off and myself. Makes life easier.

2009 KTM 690 SMC
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2001 Suzuki GSXR 750

Wildomar, CA