Ever just play with a Harley?

More
09 Jul 2008 13:39 - 09 Jul 2008 14:02 #225207 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
thanks plummen.i had to deal with so many pr!ck$ to get that far that it was hard to look at it and not get p!$$ed about how someone tried to or did screw me on nearly every piece of it.i have never had to deal with so many pr!ck$ on anything as i did on that bike.i have had my 1978 z1r since i was 15 in 1985 and had all kindsa people help me with kawa parts lottsa good experiences.building that shovelhead was like no one thought that i deserved to build such a nice bike.which freaked me out cause i was building it and payin the bills.when these old die hard harley riders would see a young guy come in and order nice parts they would get all p!$$y and act like i should start off with swap meet parts.anyways its mine now and ain't goin nowhere,anybody wants there birth certificate revoked come mess with it!:woohoo: one thing i do know about bikes is no one bike can do all the things i want out of a bike.thanks for the props plummen.

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0
Last edit: 09 Jul 2008 14:02 by 531blackbanshee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2008 13:45 #225210 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
Wow, both the Shovel and Knuck look really nice! I especially
like the story behind the Knuck. Any bike with father/son history
is a keeper for life.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

More
09 Jul 2008 15:14 #225217 by JohNLA
Replied by JohNLA on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
I have been looking into airbrushed painted bikes recently since I started doing it on my own project.
A few things I noticed is that there are far more custom painted Harley's than anything else. My girlfriend recently got me a book on Airbrushed motorcycles and all but 3 or 4 out of like 50 were Harley's. Still trying to figure out why that is.
I also noticed several biased comments by the author about the greatness of Harley's over other brands. So it defiantly goes both ways and not just on blogs but in a published book.
I personally think it's just about personal taste. Which do you value more, form or function ?

When I was a kid at 8 years old I thought Harley's were the coolest. Once at a gas station I asked a Harley guy how many CC's his bike was. He got all pissed and started yelling about how his bike was measured in HP. All I could think was what jerk. I am just a dumb kid.
When I got old enough to ride. I soon realized the difference in performance and I have never looked back.

I prefer functionB)

s49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/JohNLA_photo/1983%20GPZ%20550/
83 GPZ 550 Stock with 3600 miles_83s.
83 GPZ 550 4-1,pods,Mikuni 36,000 + miles

More
09 Jul 2008 21:31 #225276 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
a shovel is nice but a red knuckle just makes my wienie wiggle.
plus it has history.

and on the plus side, there both inside, no one commented on that yet.
you must be single.

if i want a bike inside, i have to get a divorce and buy my own house.
( that bitch :laugh: )

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.