Ever just play with a Harley?

More
04 Jul 2008 08:26 #223933 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
whoa scrapper!
i'm not bashing anyone, i'm just answering the question asked.
i also don't give a damn what you ride.
the group i ride with most of the time is mostly kz's but we have 3 harleys, a shadow, a katana, a goldwing, a 650r ninja, a cb750 and whoever else shows up that day.
no one cares, lets just ride.

my neighbor and i have a good time ribbing each other over our rides.
he has the harley and i have the kawi.
after tuning in last year and going for a quick ride, i came back and he asked me how she was running.
i started to say how i know i could get a little more out of her and needed to tweak the carbs a little better.

he said " here, pour some of this in the tank"
i went to the fence to see what it was.

it was a bottle of soy sauce.

we all play but i don't think anyone has a real hatred of any other brand bike.

well maybe bmw's :laugh:

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scrapper
  • User
  • I Survived P.D. Fri .the 13th 2008 .
More
04 Jul 2008 08:39 - 04 Jul 2008 08:41 #223945 by Scrapper
Replied by Scrapper on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
Kawasakiman wrote:
i also don't give a damn what you ride.
the group i ride with most of the time is mostly kz's but we have 3 harleys, a shadow, a katana, a goldwing, a 650r ninja, a cb750 and whoever else shows up that day.
no one cares, lets just ride
Way To Go ! Kawasakiman,B)
And IMHO Thats the way it should be :)

Handle every situation like a dog,
If you can't eat it or hump it,
Piss on it and walk away!
Last edit: 04 Jul 2008 08:41 by Scrapper.

More
04 Jul 2008 10:10 #223996 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
For Doug:
riverroad wrote:

Now I like Harley's, for what they are. I have lots of friends on Harleys, and they all have a healthy respect for my bike.

Old Man Rock wrote:

Same time, we should be somewhat nice here for not all Harley riders are ass wipes

531blackbanshee wrote:

i am building a shovelhead,but i have no illusions about it's capabilities

Personally, I regularily ride with a combo of Hondas, Yammies, Harleys, and whatever else the cat drug in. Doesn't matter what you're on so long as you ride.
Oh and I wouldn't mind owning an older FLHTC one day but I have to ask... WTF were they thinking with the FLTR?!

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

More
06 Jul 2008 00:51 #224343 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
All the time. Usually I play with my Evo, but on special occasions I break out the Shovel.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

More
07 Jul 2008 14:43 #224710 by Bad cop, No donut!
Replied by Bad cop, No donut! on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
I leave hardley's in the dust all the time, just for fun! Nothing brings more joy in my life than to pull up to some helmet-less posuer in 'costume' and have him smirk at my bike. At that point, I've already banged second and he's way back, trying to get that 1930's era tractor technology to respond.

See the thing is, is nobody says anything thing to them at all when they talk bad about our bikes, calling them "jap crap" etc. It's more than okay to make fun of a foreign bike. (even though my bike was made in Nebraska and hardley's are FULL off parts made in non-aryan countries)

Next time somebody says something to you, and you ride a big KZ ...just beg them to race you for $500. That'll usually shut them up.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
07 Jul 2008 15:14 #224712 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
like they say, "opinions are like a-holes" everyone has one.
my first ride was a 1 lunger, flat head. a sears mini bike with a techumsah! age 10. at 14 i rode a harley, a 65cc italian shortster. at 19 i got my first kz900 (1978). could not wait to put the kerker header on it. and lower it, and put a 16 inch hog wheel kit on it. they i mudded in the emblems and painted it black! of course i did all my own work!
Then in 1981 i bought my 1975 FLH shovel head! which i still own! along with several z1 & kz's over the same time span! which i drag raced, dirt drag raced, weight sled pulled and cruise night showed!
all in all, i painted everyone, i welded my own frame and swing arms, polished all my aluminum, did all the mechanicals, had my cylinder and head work done by "jims cylinder heads" former top fuel bike pilot. met and known, elmer trett, and jim mcclure and larry mcbride the "spiderman" and "puppet" from race visions, famous frame builder and inovator, WHO BUILT ALL OF THESE DRAG BIKES which at one time where the fastest drag bikes ever in the world!! and i knew paul gast when he started in a garage on grand island out of his van working on his 2 strokes!
so thats my resume with motorcycles, and to all of the recipients who bought restored, quality, original take off parts from my z1's and kz's and harley parts. Thank You!

And most of all I never critiqued any one on 2 wheels in my 40 years of riding.

there is my no spin opinion!

marty from buffalo, ny

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

More
07 Jul 2008 18:44 #224771 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
i learned a long time ago the ones that ride harleys that have any kind of mechanical aptitude who could turn wrenches already know what their bikes are capable of and they tend to leave the kaws alone,the other ones that order their stuff out of the latest catalog and pay somebody else to do their work on their bikes dont bother me.;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
07 Jul 2008 19:39 #224786 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
Honda SUCKS!!:laugh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• riverroad
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
08 Jul 2008 06:38 #224858 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
Like I mentioned before, I like Harleys. And for long trips, I'd rather be on some kind of Glide than on my KZ, just for the luggage capacity.
And I don't bash them, I just like to mess with the guys on Harleys who have no idea what a KZ1000 is. And there seems to be plenty of them around.
Went to a biker bar a while back and we were all sittin around talking about our bikes. One of them was looking out the window at mine and started asking questions about it. He asked if it was fast. I told him, "it holds it's own". He started talking about the mods he's done to his Harley. Screaming Eagle this and that. 1400 someodd cc's etc.
One thing lead to another, and he finally challenged me to a race.
His older, more knowledgeable ridin buddy finally piped in and said, "Oh no, you don't wanna do that".
I loved it.
Then he got even more curious. I asked him if he's ever watched the original Mad Max movie. He said yeah. I told him that that's the bike they used. He said, "COOL"!
And so now, he's looking for one.
So really, we're all the same. We all just like to ride.

More
08 Jul 2008 10:32 #224894 by FastKaw1
Replied by FastKaw1 on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
In the 35+ years I have bin riding, Z1's mostly.
I have had some very bad experiences with tractor riders. Most of there (her ass ment) was in the days of old.
I have lot's of friends who ride HD's we get along
just fine. That being said, when you get a bunch of
HD's riders together LOOK OUT.
There like a bunch of reformed smokers. Peer presser
I guess, or mob mentality is more like it.
I look like a HD rider from the word go....
You know how most riders wave. It is real funny (LMAO)
when a HD guy is coming at you and the hand comes
out.... O S---- you can see the expression change in
there face. Thats a rice burner I can't wave at that.
Funny thing is you only see this with HD riders.
I don't think it's the rider so much as it is the bike
and the persona that go's with them....

When I started to ride on the street HD was going out
of business and AMF came in and bailed them out.
There bikes were,,, lets say not so good.
NOW Today HD is making some pretty good stuff.
Reliable and comfortable for the long hull.
A hell of a lot more comfortable then my old Z1's +KZ to
ride for any length of time. of corse im getting old.

I have a problem saying this (BUT) I would consider
buying one. Gee that really hurt to say.
I had an old saying.
If Harley Davidson made airplanes would you fly in it???

Kawasaki did make airplane engines at one time.
Don't know if they still do.

XENU

More
08 Jul 2008 11:41 #224910 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
wow this took off.cool,one thing i didn't mention in my story was how we were sneakin home from the bar,and i was tryin to "lay low"so as to get no unnecessary attn.from the "man".we are approaching a known biker bar (all brands)i see this headlight shoot across the parking lot and turn out in our lane heading the same way.i am like oh crap i hope it isn't some prick wantin to race,cause it is bar closin time and not the best time to be doing acceleration test on city streets.this guy is throttlin the crap outta the streetbob(black denim)looks like a "fresh back"from iraq or gannystan jarhead.black harley shirt,jeans ,boots,goggles the whole kit.he see's my headlight behind him and floggs it harder,i'm like cool go on i don't need any crap.just tryin to get home without ending up with a court date along the way.we are the only two vehicles on the street and i'm in the right lane and he is in the left lane ahead of me,the light turns red.i'm like oh hell this is sweet,here i am trying to sidestep this dude and the light turns red.i stop a full car length behind him in my lane,so as to not have to set beside him at the light and have the drama.the light turns and he guts it,i roll off he jams it up a ways then starts slowin down so i would come up beside him.when i do i can contain myself no longer and drop two gears and look over at him and leave.he is franticly grabbin gears and steadily falling behind,i pulled him until about a hundred then decided i didn't want that court date and let up and he came screamin past.i was like we know how it went so go on now,when he took the highway exit and i went past i racked the old header off and he jerks his head around like there was a monster after him.he jumped on me after i tried to get outta the deal,so i figured he got his just desert.i appreciate any make of motorcycle no matter the continent of design or manufacture.it is the attitudes i could do without.so here is a current picture of my dining room decor.my black and teal 1980 88ci.shovelhead that i built from a burnt frame.

and my dads 1944 74ci. knucklehead.he gathered parts from the year i was born,and i helped assemble it when i was 17.

sorry about the picture quality,but it is not like they are pictures of my Z1R!!!!!!!!!!!!!haha

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
09 Jul 2008 08:21 #225136 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Ever just play with a Harley?
wow,that green harley is a nice looking bike!did i just say that?:P

Still recovering,some days are better than others.