Does your bike love you?

More
02 Jun 2008 08:07 #217370 by bemoore
Replied by bemoore on topic Does your bike love you?
Love? No. But I think it has finally decided to behave. I had to buy another bike first. I think it may be scared.

77 KZ650C1 w/Kerker 4-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2008 09:14 #217390 by harm
Replied by harm on topic Does your bike love you?
My 550 has been smiling alot lately:) :) After many years of neglect i have transformed her to a respectable appearance again. Now i seem to hear my 900 crying out from the shed:dry: I think there is some jealousy going on at my house...

Tom
Holland, MI

1980 KZ550 ELR

2011 Concours14

2017 KX450 [/color]

More
02 Jun 2008 09:45 #217399 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Does your bike love you?
The LTD 1000 must have been pissed, or it was my dumb ass.

The day started out to replace the rear pads,,,,, well decided to grease the swing arm .... broke the fitting:( .
had to pull the battery box to get to that, fixed it, started the bike .... running on two cyls,,:blink: ,, found that I had pinched one of the dyna wires in the process of putting it back together... fixed that,,, went for a ride around the block,, it died half way around:angry: had to push it 1/2 mile home,,, found I had pinched another wire.

But in the end I think she just wanted some extra attention,, or was telling me to leave her alone she had a headache

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

• miriamlam
  • User
  • Life is too short. Take a chance
More
02 Jun 2008 10:59 #217412 by miriamlam
Replied by miriamlam on topic Does your bike love you?
Yes, my 250 loves me lots. Rides well and generally just works. I've taken care to clean her all up and put in some carb cleaner, and get her a new air filter. I think that it helps to tell her what a good bike she is!:laugh:

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
02 Jun 2008 20:41 #217531 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic Does your bike love you?
No doubt about it, IMO.....old bikes in general seem to repay me double or triple in happiness for time spent fettling them and just doing little things e.g. lubing/adjusting the chain, greasing the swingarm, putting in new plugs, etc etc.
I changed the brake fluid/flushed the systems in my 650C2 and my GT550A Suzi a week ago and the brakes feel great on both of them.
The item that made my 650 happiest so far was doing the coil relay conversion. That perked her right up and improved her starting by at least 100%....not that she was hard to start before....but now she starts in about one quarter of the starter revolutions compared to before.
My next job will be to do some fettling to my Bandit and even treat it to a new set of plugs, too, to start the season off right. The Bandit, though, seems to be more "independent", if you will, and doesn't respond as gratefully to attention like my older bikes. I guess it hasn't quite "decayed" enough yet.:laugh: :laugh:

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

More
02 Jun 2008 23:37 - 02 Jun 2008 23:38 #217553 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Does your bike love you?
The Beast and I have an understanding. I look after it and it looks after me. I do the service, I lube the cables and grease the nipples and clean the carbs every year and do all the little things necessary to keep it happy and in return it runs lke a champ.
It continues to amaze me how every Spring I pull the cover off, hook up all the bits and hit the start button and it just roars once more into life.
28 years old and feels like a teenager ! ..... the bike I mean

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Last edit: 02 Jun 2008 23:38 by JR.

More
03 Jun 2008 02:44 #217559 by kz1100lvr
Replied by kz1100lvr on topic Does your bike love you?
I don't really know. We've just met. She's a real beauty and carries her age quite well for a 25 year old, but you know sometimes the nice looking ones can be tempramental. I haven't ridden much in the last ten years or so and I'm a little nervous about getting to know her.

Some of them like to be pampered and some just like to be ridden hard but if you go to far either way you've got trouble on your hands.

I hope we can make some nice music together and I guess it will just take some time to find out.

More
03 Jun 2008 03:49 #217563 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic Does your bike love you?
Well, we have a very strong love-hate relation. Last sunday I just loved her hammering 25 laps at Alastaro Circuit. But then again I´ll have to open stator cover again ´cause it leaks oil:angry:

I think she loves me but like any old lady she has to piss me off time to time to keep me alert and obedient:P

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

More
03 Jun 2008 06:16 - 03 Jun 2008 06:18 #217590 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Does your bike love you?
I think mine truely loves me! In 28 years of riding the old gal, she has NEVER left me on the side of the road. For a few years she did not get much mechanical attention. Last year I put some major $$$$ into her and she was looking and running better than new. After the accident she was garage bound for 7 months but after repairs I got her on the road and she ran like she never left the road. Maybe I just got a really good one off the assembly line... Like the commercial says, when I insert the key and turn her on, she returns the favor!! :P

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Last edit: 03 Jun 2008 06:18 by Bluemeanie.

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
03 Jun 2008 06:28 #217596 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic Does your bike love you?
Most of mine love me but that 650 SR I bought last fall has been a real PITA ever since I dragged it home. Because the moron I bought it from wasn't smart enough to change a set of coils without screwing it up I've managed to catch it on fire. Didn't to a lot of damage but it did ruin the rt sidecover. Yesterday I noticed that a spider decided to build a web inside the speedo and die.:angry: I think I'm going to elevate this bike to "porch dweller" status and finally get it sorted out. That or I'm going to haul it to Vintage Days and just sell it. It has just become a thorn in my side so it has one more chance to show me some love or it's gonna go.

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special