Woodhead's '77 KZ1000A resto mod attempt.

More
26 Jun 2024 15:58 - 26 Jun 2024 15:58 #901387 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Woodhead's '77 KZ1000A resto mod attempt.

Front end is from a '12 ZX6. I'm kinda worrying about it being too short. I found some extenders that tread into the tops but I really can't drop them in the lower clamp any more than what I have em. The diameter gets smaller and they won't clamp tight. Not good!  That's why I need to get it on the floor and see how it's going to work. I'm a short guy so I was thinking that if it comes lower than stock it might be if it my smaller stature. We'll see. Then it's back to the drawing board. Seems like a lot of that!
You should get the front end sorted first then set the rear height to get the correct stance otherwise you will end up with a shopping trolley handling death trap.
With the stock yokes the max increase you can get is 32mm via some simple internal damper rod extensions and if that isn't enough to get sufficient ground clearance you are looking at stepped yokes.
From the pic it does look like you may have quite a bit of stem length protruding through the top bearing.
If that is the case then maybe there is scope to drop the bottom yoke via a spacer under the bottom bearing to sneak a few extra mill for the forks to drop.
Every little helps.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: 26 Jun 2024 15:58 by zed1015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
26 Jun 2024 18:11 #901391 by Scirocco
Replied by Scirocco on topic Woodhead's '77 KZ1000A resto mod attempt.
Hm, i would say, get a longer swing arm (frame pivot to rear axle distance 560 - 600 mm).

• Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.