Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 01 Jun 2021 16:34 #849440

• 750 R1
  • 750 R1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
Went through the parts stash and pulled out some more parts I'll be using. I have a nice billet underslung brake caliper mount that has been paired up with a Caliper I bought online, If you look hard enough you'd be amazed what you can find. The caliper is 6061 T6 Aluminum, all pistons pads and seals are the same as the Brembo P234 super sport calipers, actually, its a direct copy, only the bolts differ, the P234 calipers sell for around $700 dollars here in Australia.I also have a "brembo" master cylinder to match.   I also found a set of rear sets I've had stashed away for over 20 years, can't remember what they are off but I remember buying them because they were basically symmetrical. I threw the calpier and mount on just for a look. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 750 R1.

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 01 Jun 2021 16:37 #849442

• 750 R1
  • User
I have a couple of oil coolers, one original unused Lockhart and a 13 row one I picked up a few years back, it resembles the ones used by Moriwaki so I think it will get the nod, It is unused but had some bent fins, I spent some time yesterday with a small pick and straightened them up... Anyone here have any experience painting radiators ?  I want to paint it black....

Now back to overthinking the seat mods....!!!
Attachments:

Last edit: by 750 R1.

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 01 Jun 2021 16:51 #849445

• 750 R1
  • User

Can't beat a good Moriwaki build.
This is the current dry build state of my turbo'd rendition.
Hi Zed, I have a link to that build, I like what you're doing, time for an update eh ?    

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 02 Jun 2021 00:48 #849466

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1441

Hi Zed, I have a link to that build, I like what you're doing, time for an update eh ?    

Hope to get back on it soon.
Not in any rush though and have finally got my bust knee fixed (in a fashion) so i can actually walk again.
Do have a some nice parts i've managed to collect in the meantime though so might add some pics of those to bump the thread.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 02 Jun 2021 01:17 #849467

• 750 R1
  • User

Hope to get back on it soon.
Not in any rush though and have finally got my bust knee fixed (in a fashion) so i can actually walk again.
Do have a some nice parts i've managed to collect in the meantime though so might add some pics of those to bump the thread.
I'm hearing you mate, I'm just getting over my second case of frozen shoulder, bloody painful....

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 03 Jun 2021 01:02 #849519

• 750 R1
  • User
The pic of the rear caliper was not very good so here's some better ones, these are insane value for money..

This is the caliper hanger...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 03 Jun 2021 16:52 #849569

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2658

I have a couple of oil coolers, one original unused Lockhart and a 13 row one I picked up a few years back, it resembles the ones used by Moriwaki so I think it will get the nod, It is unused but had some bent fins, I spent some time yesterday with a small pick and straightened them up... Anyone here have any experience painting radiators ?  I want to paint it black....
Now back to overthinking the seat mods....!!!

Any decent medium temperature capable paint should be fine.  A cooler that large shouldn't exceed 250F or so.  I'm not sure what paint is available in your local market but run of the mill engine paint should work fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 03 Jun 2021 23:07 #849581

• zed1015
  • User

Yes! the cooler on my cafe is the same as those but with the end caps removed to expose the finning.
I used  the same Simoniz tough black satin that i use on the engine.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS

Attachments:

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 04 Jun 2021 00:40 #849583

• 750 R1
  • User

Yes! the cooler on my cafe is the same as those but with the end caps removed to expose the finning.
I used  the same Simoniz tough black satin that i use on the engine.

Cool, I already have some satin black engine paint spare.  What's the frame on that one Zed, engine as a stressed member too, I like it.... I've always wanted a frame like that or a Bakker style frame...

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 04 Jun 2021 01:11 #849584

• zed1015
  • User

Cool, I already have some satin black engine paint spare.  What's the frame on that one Zed, engine as a stressed member too, I like it.... I've always wanted a frame like that or a Bakker style frame...
The frame started out as a nothing special twin shock 1993 ZR750 Zephyr.
I removed about two thirds of it and heavily braced and modified the remains.
There wasn't a chance of the 1000 motor going in without loosing the lower rails.

Attachments:

Last edit: by zed1015.

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 04 Jun 2021 16:20 #849618

• 750 R1
  • User

The frame started out as a nothing special twin shock 1993 ZR750 Zephyr.
I removed about two thirds of it and heavily braced and modified the remains.
There wasn't a chance of the 1000 motor going in without loosing the lower rails.

I've always liked the look of those zephyr frames....

Wayne Gardner tribute {not replica} 05 Jun 2021 18:12 #849668

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 372
Loving the project.

Your rear sets look very similar to the 2004 GSXR600 ones I used:

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1

Last edit: by rstnick.