Here's another update I moved the missing 12/21/20 post into my post earlier today and then moved that newer stuff here so its in chronological order
I sorted out the AN lines and fittings for the oil feed. It starts with a M18x1.5 to 4AN adapter i found on ebay. There is a matching M10x1 to 4AN adapter in the turbo. Between are a couple AN lines and a 44u turbosmart filter. I may rework this again as i dont like how far the AN elbow sticks out under the cover.... It'd be the first thing to hit if the bike ever falls.
The main delay was the welder. I couldn't get my DC tig to do AL with any of the workarounds, so I splurged and bought a MTS 225 AC/DC tig/mig from Everlast. Heat control and bead consistency is even harder on AL, so by beads aren't the prettiest, but its good enough for now... Need to test out that pedal control.
I welded up the oil cooler. If you remember... there were slots in the mount plates to weld the tubes behind them. It got messy due to the difference in the parts, so i ground it flush to hide my sins.
and the mount for the scavenge pump. Still need to finish the routing for these lines.
and the battery box
and the intake piping
The next thing is the wiring. I started by installing a little license plate light.
In the bottom right photo below you can see a tab welded onto the frame. Ill use plastic clips to hold the fender material to the frame through these mounts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOHC, Kawasakik1e
I finished up the rear fender. It looks pretty good from the outside
I got distracted rebuilding the vacuum chamber with my new welder. This has .06" restrictor holes compared to the .125" in the previous version and it also has a larger volume so it'll average out the map readings better. I can machine smaller restrictiors if i need to.
The turbo scavenge pump has been plumbed in... it dumps oil back into the breather cap. I've also connected the scavenge tank to this breather plate (so the scavenge pump doesnt pull vacuum through the turbo). The last line relieves crankcase pressure to the turbo inlet. I'll add a copper sponge in here as well to help condense the vapors. Technically there should be a line to the intake tract with a check valve to assist with vapor extraction off boost, but that's a bit messy with ITBs.
Made some prototype routing clamps for all the lines.
I played with one more turbo oil feed setup. Its a m18x1.5 to m10x1.0 bushing with a M10 to 4an banjo. This is lower profile but it would still get hit if the bike falls over..... So i'm keeping the old setup.
The turbo had to be pulled off to modify the internal wastegate. It opened at 20/25psi stock, so this spring lowers it down to 7psi.
....As it sits right now. I need to plumb and wire the new fuel pump , then do a test start.
K1e lasered the rest of the flanges for me so i can finish the manifold. I also bought some 2" mandrel bends and perforated tubing so i can build a glasspack that sits under the oil pan.
I've been finishing the dash area so i can start the wiring. I designed a three gauge waterproof enclosure for my AFR, boost and oil pressure gauges. It also mounts the ignition switch and the koso speedo. I also bought a Maier small sport fairing to finish off the aesthetics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61, Kawasakik1e
Thanks k1e and Chris. email notifications are going to spam again
Here's a better picture of the dash:
I've made more progress since the last update... The 810 motor still needs some work but I wanted to have adjustable cam gears before I dig into that. Ill be using a 750 intake cam with a 650 exhaust cam.
Fixed the kickstand so it doesnt hit the rear set during shifting:
Welded the flanges k1e sent me (and used a jig this time so the SS cant warp... not playing games
). I should've used more shielding gas on these so no pretty colors
Made some proper brackets for the fairing:
The oil cooling system is now plumbed up. This pan doesnt have the diverter plug like the 810 motor, but it doesn't matter for testing.
Next up is making an exhaust that'll look something like this. 2" from the turbo, then it splits to dual 1.5" side exits behind the foot pegs. This sits under the oil pan.
I also need to fix the dent in the gas tank so I can coat it for E85. Then I'll get back to wiring, I swear
... well i have done a bit of wiring, but not enought! I also bought a lift in the past few weeks (can bee seen in the last post
).... It's so much easier to work on!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bent Trigger