Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZEFI 810 Turbo E85 Build 13 Jan 2021 14:52 #841676

• Saablord
  • Saablord's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 38
Here's another update :ohmy: I moved the missing 12/21/20 post into my post earlier today and then moved that newer stuff here so its in chronological order :)

I sorted out the AN lines and fittings for the oil feed. It starts with a M18x1.5 to 4AN adapter i found on ebay. There is a matching M10x1 to 4AN adapter in the turbo. Between are a couple AN lines and a 44u turbosmart filter. I may rework this again as i dont like how far the AN elbow sticks out under the cover.... It'd be the first thing to hit if the bike ever falls.

The main delay was the welder. I couldn't get my DC tig to do AL with any of the workarounds, so I splurged and bought a MTS 225 AC/DC tig/mig from Everlast. Heat control and bead consistency is even harder on AL, so by beads aren't the prettiest, but its good enough for now... Need to test out that pedal control.

I welded up the oil cooler. If you remember... there were slots in the mount plates to weld the tubes behind them. It got messy due to the difference in the parts, so i ground it flush to hide my sins. :laugh:

and the mount for the scavenge pump. Still need to finish the routing for these lines.

and the battery box

and the intake piping

The next thing is the wiring. I started by installing a little license plate light.

In the bottom right photo below you can see a tab welded onto the frame. Ill use plastic clips to hold the fender material to the frame through these mounts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOHC, Kawasakik1e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Saablord.