Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 24 Aug 2019 07:24 #809740

• old_kaw
  • old_kaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269

riturbo wrote: Nice score . Looks like you will be busy for a bit . The dings on the clutch is probably from the starter chain tensioner . Its a known issue on these motors . My zrx has the same issue . Heres the fix when you get that far . www.kwickstand.net/Hyper-Formance.com/Tensioner_Tamer.html

Good info, thank you! The tensioner spring is broken and dangling on the tensioner.
I knew there had to be members have "been there" on these engines. I am still figuring out what parts I have, and what I need to run down. I noticed last night that the long engine mount bolt and some other things were not in the buckets. I do need to call this guy in an attempt to find the missing parts, but I am not sure what parts I am missing at this point. The starter chain tensioner is there, but not sure how all of this stuff goes together.. YET.. and my OCD of having things neatly clean and organized drives me crazy when at this point on any rescue. :woohoo: I have rescued at least 5 bikes in the last 10 years (that I can remember) that has kept them from becoming scrap metal by fixing them up into running bikes, while straightening out the titles that are almost always a freakin mess.
It is also missing both mirrors turn signals and the faring is loose without them. (He was attempting to part it out unsuccessfully) There is a bunch of little parts missing and the shift lever is mangled from dragging the bike around without the wheels. It looks like they are only ~50 bucks each, but don't quote me on that. I'm glad my old kaw is as faithful as always. It helps with the "can do attitude" therapy. :)

Check out the wiring this guy did to hook up LED's under the rear fender and faring. He really is a brain surgeon, using medical supplies on the electrical connections.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KZQ. Reason: Re attaching images

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 24 Aug 2019 07:39 #809741

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2071
The shifter is almost identical to the ZRX. There is a member on ZRXOA discussion board that installs a bronze bushing, Heim joints, and grease zerk in the shift lever to remove the factory installed slop. It makes a surprising improvement. Once you get some good, straight parts, you may want to contact him to see if he would work his magic on the GPz lever.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 24 Aug 2019 07:53 #809742

• old_kaw
  • User

TexasKZ wrote: Old _kaw, are you a member of ZRXOA? If not, you may want to sign up.

Yes! Great info! Tanks! I tried to register but it said registration is disabled. I know there has to be a way around that, but do not readily see how. I'm sure the scammers have tried to spam that site too.

www.zrxoa.org/forums/register.php?
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 24 Aug 2019 08:07 #809744

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member

old_kaw wrote:

TexasKZ wrote: Old _kaw, are you a member of ZRXOA? If not, you may want to sign up.

Yes! Great info! Tanks! I tried to register but it said registration is disabled. I know there has to be a way around that, but do not readily see how. I'm sure the scammers have tried to spam that site too.

Yes, that site has been under attack, too. On the main page, click on the Contact Us link to send a request to the administrator. He is currently trying to find a way to reopen the automated feature while still blocking the attacks. Seems to be the way of things these days. Sigh.....

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 24 Aug 2019 08:26 #809746

• old_kaw
  • User

TexasKZ wrote: Yes, that site has been under attack, too. On the main page, click on the Contact Us link to send a request to the administrator. He is currently trying to find a way to reopen the automated feature while still blocking the attacks. Seems to be the way of things these days. Sigh.....

[/quote]

When I click the "contact us" link my win 10 notebook pops up with a MS mail (or something) link wanting me to sign up for a ANOTHER useless microsoft account just to email them. Free of course, with all kinds of "strings" attached. Why can't things EVER work like they should? Of course, I can't answer my phone anymore without some scamming POS with another "offer" or some other way to get you to give them your personal info.. much like the zuck fuk camoflaged FB into a personal info collection and sale broker and got rich in the process.. SMH

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Attachments:

Last edit: by KZQ.

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 24 Aug 2019 12:16 #809758

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
That sux. I pmed the admin over there, hopefully he will have a simple solution.

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 24 Aug 2019 18:21 #809786

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
My zx 7 must have been wired by the same guy :evil:

Try this to get to zrx site Click "Contact Us" on any forum page or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Edit Ok just talked to the administration over there heres a direct email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

Last edit: by riturbo.

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 25 Aug 2019 07:02 #809802

• old_kaw
  • User

riturbo wrote: My zx 7 must have been wired by the same guy :evil:Try this to get to zrx site Click "Contact Us" on any forum page or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Edit Ok just talked to the administration over there heres a direct email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks, yes, I got the email address by placing my cursor over the contact us "maito:" link and looking for the URL at the bottom of my screen. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., then emailed him yesterday before I left for work. No word back yet. I assume he takes the weekends off? No biggie, I can still troll there for info, and no need to post. Kzr is enough . :-)

There is probably a win10 setting somewhere I can change to stop bringing up ms mail when I click a "mailto:" link, but to tell ya the truth, I don't really care. (mailto: is outdated now days too.. Most email is now web based rather than local machine based) This notebook changes personalities every time it does it's forced "updates", deletes my win 7 games, background pics, etc. I get tired of changing things back.

I had a few minutes to spare yesterday so I called him and went to his house to look for more missing fasteners. All of those special fasteners are expensive to replace and add up quick. Not much help, but I did get a few more bolts off the garage floor.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1

Last edit: by old_kaw. Reason: typo's

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 25 Aug 2019 12:55 #809826

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
Try This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. instead of .org.

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 25 Aug 2019 13:56 #809831

• old_kaw
  • User

TexasKZ wrote: Try This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. instead of .org.

The mailto: link is a definitely a *.org (I just rechecked the links). I just emailed again to the direct address riturbo posted above and promised him that I was not a spammer... AND sent him a link to this thread along with the pic of the frame sitting on the garage floor. :)
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1

Last edit: by KZQ. Reason: typo's

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 25 Aug 2019 16:55 #809843

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
I got that address from the admin.

Some assembly required. 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100 25 Aug 2019 20:45 #809855

• old_kaw
  • User

TexasKZ wrote: I got that address from the admin.

I just figured you were making a WAG of possibilities why an email did not go through. He said they get hit like 2000 times a day so I'm sure he's busy keeping the spam bots at bay.

Thanks for the info. I did hear back from AV80R and he is registering me there. Unable to think up a new witty username. I just asked him to use Old_Kaw again.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1