Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ650 cafe-racer 22 Aug 2019 05:45 #809608

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2598
File a not as described case now. That will stop the clock for you and start it for him. He will be notified by email and can respond in kind. If he wants it back insist on a return shipping label, They try to run out the clock so it's up to you to keep that from happening.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: gazzz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ650 cafe-racer 22 Aug 2019 06:21 #809614

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThat sucks, I wish I could help find you a good head, the closest I found is up in Wisconsin and they are a big time chop shop that goes around buying bikes and parts for resale on ebay, it can be hit or miss with them and you don't get any history.
They have one now that is filthy as can be and sometimes that can be very telling, to bad he wasn't a little closer, I would ride up there and have a look.

What year 750's will work for your project?
I'll keep an eye out.
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZ650 cafe-racer 22 Aug 2019 18:03 #809660

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Hi gazzz. Good to see you have BlueJay on your side. I have been off this forum for a little while but good to see some familiar faces and new folks as well. I hope you find what your looking for. I have followed your posts and am really impressed with your attention to detail. All the best with your project!
-Subscribed!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ650 cafe-racer 23 Aug 2019 13:10 #809695

• gazzz
  • gazzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 313

File a not as described case now. That will stop the clock for you and start it for him. He will be notified by email and can respond in kind. If he wants it back insist on a return shipping label, They try to run out the clock so it's up to you to keep that from happening.
Steve

Yes, thank you, in years of buying through Internet I was forced to start claims via ebay/paypal couple of times. However guy answered quite quickly, let's see what shall come of it.

That sucks, I wish I could help find you a good head, the closest I found is up in Wisconsin and they are a big time chop shop that goes around buying bikes and parts for resale on ebay, it can be hit or miss with them and you don't get any history.
They have one now that is filthy as can be and sometimes that can be very telling, to bad he wasn't a little closer, I would ride up there and have a look.

It's KZ750 1980 cylinder head I am after. I need one that equipped with mounts for upper sprocket of roller timing chain. I presume I saw every suitable cylinder head that is on ebay including the one from your post. It has couple of flaws: lower exhaust stud of second cylinder is torn out with large chunk of head and looks like remains of at least five cylinder head' cover bolts stuck in it.

Yet one unpleasant moment: to get head more or less quickly from USA I have to pay first for delivery it to intermediary warehouse in New Jersey and then pay 10$ per kg to get it by air in Ukraine. In case of cylinder head it's from 120 to 140 $ of additional expenses. That's why I prefer to buy heavy things in EU.

Hi gazzz. Good to see you have BlueJay on your side. I have been off this forum for a little while but good to see some familiar faces and new folks as well. I hope you find what your looking for. I have followed your posts and am really impressed with your attention to detail. All the best with your project!
-Subscribed!

Thank you so much!
Kawasaki KZ650 cafe-racer: in progress

Kawasaki Zephyr 750 (810ccm, 4in4, spoked wheels)
Honda CB815 "Eight Fifteen" cafe-racer
Yamaha XJ "Eight Ball" cafe-racer

www.gazzz-garage.com

Last edit: by gazzz.

KZ650 cafe-racer 23 Aug 2019 15:04 #809702

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1892
E-Bay Germany (private offers) listed a Z750 for 399 Euro and a cylinder head for 130 Euro.
The cylinder head is 40 km away from my home town so if you are interessted i can take a look on him for any damages.

www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/kawa.../1188053353-305-7347
www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/kawa.../1185099915-306-1455

Attachments:

KZ650 cafe-racer 23 Aug 2019 18:33 #809714

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
" It has couple of flaws: lower exhaust stud of second cylinder is torn out with large chunk of head and looks like remains of at least five cylinder head' cover bolts stuck in it."

Good eye Gazzz, and of course it's listed as "Good usable condition"
78 KZ1000 A2A

Last edit: by bluej58.

KZ650 cafe-racer 23 Aug 2019 19:53 #809725

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 494

gazzz wrote: In case of cylinder head it's from 120 to 140 $ of additional expenses. That's why I prefer to buy heavy things in EU.

It's probably not the best solution, but this one is about a 1 hour drive from my house.

pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mpo/d/new-cast...otor/6952087063.html

If you want it, I could try to get it (and pull the head for you).
'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100

Last edit: by DOHC.

KZ650 cafe-racer 24 Aug 2019 12:17 #809759

• gazzz
  • Sustaining Member
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

E-Bay Germany (private offers) listed a Z750 for 399 Euro and a cylinder head for 130 Euro.
The cylinder head is 40 km away from my home town so if you are interessted i can take a look on him for any damages.

Only early KZ750 heads fit KZ650 with roller chain. The distinctive feature is four mounts for upper tensioner sprocket:

I used to search parts on German ebay and webshops as they often are a source of good parts . I even know German names for most of motorcycle components. For the moment I see two offers that might be of interest:

This one is perspective, but I need no camshafts and I am slightly worried by information about issues with threads in description. It also has small crack on lower mount of exhaust stud of second cylinder.

This one has no camshafts but it also has no detailed description and seller has quite low rating. Seller also made mistake in title. I found this lot searching for cylinders.

www.gazzz-garage.com
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scirocco

KZ650 cafe-racer 24 Aug 2019 13:01 #809763

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
With your metal fabrication skills you can made your own CCIA for a KZ/GPZ 750 head gazzz!
A CCIA (roller chain) on a J/GPZ 1000/1100 cyl. head should work on KZ/GPZ 750 head with some modifications!?!?!
Give it a try gazzz.

Attachments:

KZ650 cafe-racer 24 Aug 2019 13:02 #809764

• gazzz
  • Sustaining Member

's probably not the best solution, but this one is about a 1 hour drive from my house.

pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mpo/d/new-cast...otor/6952087063.html

If you want it, I could try to get it (and pull the head for you).

Thank you! I forget that later KZ650 has same part number for cylinder head as KZ750. However first I'll try to find head closer to me as time is essential. I am already far out of schedule.

www.gazzz-garage.com

KZ650 cafe-racer 24 Aug 2019 14:18 #809773

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
I don´t no why you Need a 750 head, (bigger ports, more power?) but i can offer you a FREE KZ650 cyl. head i bought really cheap (50 Euro). I only need the shim under buckets and valve spring retrainers for my Project bike engine. The head has no cracks, broken fins, dents or rip off threads, only cam bearing cap #2 and 4 are missing and got lost by the seller. The head has no clean air system ports in the casting like yours and will sold with the IN/EX cams, valves, springs for the shipping prize only.
I have no usage for the head and the other parts. Take him or i will kick him into the crap metal container I can make detailed pics if needed.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Scirocco.

KZ650 cafe-racer 25 Aug 2019 12:51 #809825

• gazzz
  • Sustaining Member

I don´t no why you Need a 750 head, (bigger ports, more power?) but i can offer you a FREE KZ650 cyl. head i bought really cheap (50 Euro). I only need the shim under buckets and valve spring retrainers for my Project bike engine. The head has no cracks, broken fins, dents or rip off threads, only cam bearing cap #2 and 4 are missing and got lost by the seller. The head has no clean air system ports in the casting like yours and will sold with the IN/EX cams, valves, springs for the shipping prize only.
I have no usage for the head and the other parts. Take him or i will kick him into the crap metal container I can make detailed pics if needed.

Yes, I am chasing wider channels and larger valves, but it's not that simple. I want to preserve KZ650 engine look. It's really lovely looking engine and I admire it every time resting in chair in my workshop. I have original cylinder head and if I wanted to get only bigger valves and wider ports I'd get a try with Kawasaki ZR7 cylinder head. It has mounts for upper timing chain guide and even if they placed slightly differ than on KZ650 head, adaptation definitely would be much easier. And likely ZR7 head has valves even larger than KZ750. ZR7 are much fresher model than KZ750/GPZ750 thus its head might be found in much more fresher condition. I even found brand new ZR7 head for 350$. But it's a love to original style of KZ650 head that stops me from experimenting with ZR7 and other heads.

So my only choice is head from KZ650 later models or KZ750 head. Both of them similar to earlier KZ650 head but with larger ports and valves.

www.gazzz-garage.com