Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Ongoing Chapters of the 650B2A. 26 Apr 2017 09:51 #760303

• Johnbug
  • Johnbug's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Float bowls all adjusted to about 3MM. Next up on the adgenda is to get some new bolts for the carb holders and then think up a good way to make sure they hold vac seal. Then its reassembly of the fuel system and straightening of the back wheel! Then hopefully my first ride out on this thing.
Proud Confused Owner Of A KZ650B2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Ongoing Chapters of the 650B2A. 26 Apr 2017 10:33 #760304

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Assuming you bought new carb holders you do not need to do anything extraordinary to make them seal. Just make sure there's no muck on the cylinder head where they mate up and mount them dry (NO sealant) and they will seal just fine. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Last edit: by 650ed.

The Ongoing Chapters of the 650B2A. 26 Apr 2017 20:26 #760351

• Johnbug
  • User
Actually I cleaned the surrounding area and replaced all the bolts into the holders with their correct metric counterparts. I got the bike running and idling correctly! After about a 3 minute warm up it would throttle up and ran much better! No more runaway idle! The float issue seemed to he causing it. In fact I took it for its first ride ever the moment this was done and the idle was sorted out. I was laughing and cackling like a child that was so much fun! It seemed to have a very crispy throttle response and shifted about like I expected. I need to tighten up the throttle housing a tad and adjust the Throttle.. Put a bit more air in the tires and then it will be perfect. Thank you guys for helping me getting this running! Ill keep working on it and making it look amazing as I recently picked up some old paint guns. Tomorrow if the weather holds out I'm going to go out again.

The Ongoing Chapters of the 650B2A. 27 Apr 2017 09:48 #760397

• Johnbug
  • User
Discovered a exhaust leak again. Awfully scary looking since it makes it seem like smoke is blowing out of the engine. Put I think I just need to replace the exhaust gasket. Will keep posted on any new developments.

The Ongoing Chapters of the 650B2A. 30 Apr 2017 11:37 #760775

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 374
Good to hear you've got her running better.
B)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1