sorry the deal fell through man. :sick:

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2011 05:44 #493342 by Mookachacka
Replied by Mookachacka on topic Otto's garage thread
I'm thinking if I'm going to go for a conventional fork, to keep the appernance of the bike...had my eyes on a Yamaha XJR1300 front fork complete with wheel and brakes. It should still be the frame that's the weakest point, not a modern set of forks and swing, so that should prolly work as good.

Gonna get the gpz1100 1170cm3 cylinderblock w. Wiseco pistons of a guy so I might just start going through the engine and then moving onto the hassie....we'll see, maybe my luck will turn! :p

More
16 Dec 2011 14:32 #493396 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Otto's garage thread
the yamaha fork is popular with the japanese customizers.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
16 Dec 2011 17:46 #493411 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic Otto's garage thread
Those Norris cams are a nice grind for a street ride.

Larry C.

More
17 Dec 2011 20:09 #493522 by Mookachacka

LarryC wrote: Those Norris cams are a nice grind for a street ride.

Would they bolt in without needing to replace any stock valve components? Any possibility of finding out lift and duration some where?

More
18 Dec 2011 11:54 #493618 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Otto's garage thread
Did you try and google the norris cams?

Here is a old post from Nads. He is even coherent in the post. Roy

kzrider.com/archive/viewthread.php?tid=28522

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

More
10 Jan 2012 04:45 #497370 by Mookachacka
Thanks Roy, I kinda skipped out on the googling that time :whistle:

Soooo....got some snow here, down south in Sweden, noticed when I got out of the gym. The ride home was ok, since the main roads had some salt on...but when I turned in on the "village road" I noticed that the snow was laying unmelted on the road, and after my rear wheel lost traction when I shifted down from 3:rd to 2:nd gear I took it a little easier with the Yamaha TT600 thumpher :P

So what else is going on... I'm still searching for a decent front and rear end for my Z1000J project bike, havn't found anything yet, but it has been an uneventfull couple of weeks since most bike parts dealers has been on vacation over christmas and new years eve.

I've ordered a kerker 4-1 for my Z1000R, and I've told my self to get it road worthy untill spring, ie. march/april, so I've got to check the vavle clerance, and put in a order on (if needed) some shims and some airbox-to-carb rubber. Got some cables to replace (throttle and clutch), and some other smaler bits and ends....and I need a new rear tire.

I've discarded the idea of doing a larger renovation on the Z1000R, since most parts seem to be ok, at least I'll be able to get a better feel of the bikes condition if I ride it next season as it is.

I bought the 1170cm3 cylinder block two weeks ago, and I think I'll try that out on the project bike and see how it works out. Only thing I'm thinking about regarding that is what size of carbs (Mikuni RS / Keihin CR-S) could be apropiate for it as well as for the 1089 cm3 standard GPZ cylinder/pistons I also got. Would be good if I could manage to skimp out on a valve diameter change job as well B)

Other then getting the Z1000R ready to ride I'm trying to do the same with my Yamaha SRX-6, I've dynojetted the original carbs and will run them with the stock airbox setup. I've also decided to keep the original headers for now, but try and fabricate a colector, end pipe and muffler (or maybe buy a muffler) to be able to get some more air flowing.

So I've got things to do, I just have to get around to get 'em done! :lol:

/Otto

More
01 Feb 2012 18:00 #501374 by Mookachacka
One month of the new year has passed, and I can't say I've gotten a whole lot done...I blame the unheated work areas, but I'm going to try and squeeze in some more time in there from now on, want to have at least two road bikes ready for spring! Might put my thumpher (TT600) aside for a while.

To make things worse for my self I bought another bike yeasterday, a Honda VF1000F from 1984. I'm aware of the cam shaft issues on the early V-4's but if that'll be an issue at some point I'll adress it. My dad's got the same model of bike so it'll be cool riding it through Europe together at some point.

Attachment DSC_4163.jpg not found

I've ordered and recived my 4-1 Kerker that I'm going to run on the Z1000R, still got some other things to order to get it running, but I'm going to check the valve clerance and condition and size of jets in the BS34's.

Gotten a muffler, some indicators and another type of seat for my SRX, so gonna make a seat cover and such for it as well as paint it.

Well, time to hit the sack!
Attachments: