Project 200

More
10 Oct 2008 08:49 #241098 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Project 200
its starting to get cold here so its just about party time ,i promised Duck a mocked up rolling chassis so i can figure out where to mount my turbo this time around before spring.Solomrus here in omaha has the job of fabbing up all the mounts i just need to throw a frontend and swingarm on there to make sure the turbo will clear front wheel without raking. heres an old shot of swingarm before welding,yes my projects take a lot of time but they tend to be scary fast when done!B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2008 11:13 - 10 Oct 2008 11:13 #241125 by JAILBAIT
Replied by JAILBAIT on topic Project 200
PLUMMEN wrote:

its starting to get cold here so its just about party time ,i promised Duck a mocked up rolling chassis so i can figure out where to mount my turbo this time around before spring.Solomrus here in omaha has the job of fabbing up all the mounts i just need to throw a frontend and swingarm on there to make sure the turbo will clear front wheel without raking. heres an old shot of swingarm before welding,yes my projects take a lot of time but they tend to be scary fast when done!B)

I was hoping you would stop in on this post. I am about to tear the motor out of the bike and start beefing up the frame. Do you have an big pictures of the frame mods you did to strengthen it?
Last edit: 10 Oct 2008 11:13 by JAILBAIT.

More
10 Oct 2008 12:35 #241132 by PLUMMEN
i dont have any recent stuff ,need a new camera!:( solomrus beefed up the swingarm pivot and tacked some pieces in where backbone ties together by front of seat.i havent finished up the steering head bracing yet since i want to make sure i dont need to rake it a couple degrees for clearance issues.ive got templates made up for all the frame braces,pm me a mailing adress and ill send them to you.im trying really hard to stick with wire wheels for this project wheel width is another issue im having.im thinking a 17-190 shinko on rear but i dont want it to overpower a narrow front wheel so i think ive chased down some late 70s cop bike triple trees which i think are a little wider then i can matchup the right front tire to match rear.there are lots of details on these projects that have to work together otherwise you end up with an overpowered unridable monster thats why im taking my tim this time around so i dont screw it up !:laugh:

More
10 Oct 2008 12:45 #241136 by JAILBAIT
PLUMMEN wrote:

i dont have any recent stuff ,need a new camera!:( solomrus beefed up the swingarm pivot and tacked some pieces in where backbone ties together by front of seat.i havent finished up the steering head bracing yet since i want to make sure i dont need to rake it a couple degrees for clearance issues.ive got templates made up for all the frame braces,pm me a mailing adress and ill send them to you.im trying really hard to stick with wire wheels for this project wheel width is another issue im having.im thinking a 17-190 shinko on rear but i dont want it to overpower a narrow front wheel so i think ive chased down some late 70s cop bike triple trees which i think are a little wider then i can matchup the right front tire to match rear.there are lots of details on these projects that have to work together otherwise you end up with an overpowered unridable monster thats why im taking my tim this time around so i dont screw it up !:laugh:

Yeah I was planning on running the same rear tire. I am going to run the stock size R1 tire up front.

Wire wheels would have been my choice also, but I don't want to risk it at the speeds I plan on running.

Send the pictures to lancej@procharger.com

More
10 Oct 2008 14:14 #241141 by JAILBAIT
Here is the front end I got mounted last night.
Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2008 14:14 #241142 by JAILBAIT
Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2008 14:15 #241143 by JAILBAIT
Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2008 14:15 #241144 by JAILBAIT
Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2008 20:39 #241193 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic Project 200
VERY cool!!! My kind of project...okay, a bit out of the range of my pocket-book, but that probably makes it even MORE interesting! Keep up the good work...having Solumnruss in one's arsenal is akin to cheating!...good for you!
-KR

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

More
10 Oct 2008 21:47 #241202 by PLUMMEN
JAILBAIT wrote:

how much is your frontend raked to clear the turbo with 17" wheel ?;)

More
10 Oct 2008 22:09 #241205 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Project 200
what did your legs come off of?i like the radial mount brakes,nice.you can search on here for frame gussets and get some really good ideas as well.
looks like we might have plummen moving in the right direction :laugh: .

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
10 Oct 2008 22:52 #241211 by Zedone
Replied by Zedone on topic Project 200
Yet another turbo-build :woohoo: Awesome... looks like you have a great job and work on some pretty high-end cars also, keep us posted on your build, regards Doug

1977 KZ1000A1
1977 KZ1000A1 (Superbike Project)
1969 Chevrolet C/10 Short Fleet