Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd

More
26 Mar 2008 18:42 #202385 by Frayed Knot
Replied by Frayed Knot on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
Looking good!

I need to start on my GPz750 project. Did you have to do any machine work to get the ZRX swingarm in place? I would like to do the same to mine.

Post up more pics when you get a chancew. I am really enjoying the progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2008 12:43 #202724 by badboie
Replied by badboie on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
the swing arm almost fit right in. all i needed to do was grind down the inner side of the swingarm. There are these sleeve looking things that I grind flush with the frame. Its just the right amount to take off to get it in. Then we reamed out the pivot axle hole to fit the original ZRX axle that came with the swingarm. That was it, that simple. doing it this way is a lot simpler then I found ding it the other way some of the other ppl have done to fit it this swingarm on. You'll NEED a 5/8th offset sprocket.

More
27 Apr 2008 19:56 #209658 by badboie
UPDATE:

Got my rearsets on!!

Shifter side:

Brake side:

More
27 Apr 2008 20:10 #209659 by gorack
Replied by gorack on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
wow looks cool, whats that tail piece off of a zephyer?

More
28 Apr 2008 10:22 #209795 by badboie
I dont know lol. I bought it on line. I think the website is americanclassix.com or something like that.

More
29 Apr 2008 17:49 #210141 by mls81kz750e
Replied by mls81kz750e on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
were did you get those rearsets from I have been looking for a set simular to them?

1981 kz750e: lowered rear, sportster style fender, changed headlight, no controls on bars,

More
29 Apr 2008 18:39 #210153 by badboie
mls81kz750e wrote:

were did you get those rearsets from I have been looking for a set simular to them?

ebay.

More
01 May 2008 14:05 #210504 by mls81kz750e
Replied by mls81kz750e on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
are the rearsets originaly from a kz or from a zrx like the swingarm? You have inspired me that conversion look bad ass, not to copy off you but now I am considering doing something very simular.

1981 kz750e: lowered rear, sportster style fender, changed headlight, no controls on bars,

More
01 May 2008 20:45 #210577 by badboie
they are rear sets for a Suzuki GSX-R I dont know the brand. I got them on ebay, here is the link address:

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=p3984.cWON.m313.lVI

if you want to do a build like mine then you better start thinking about saving up some money. its cost a little too much lol.

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
01 May 2008 20:53 #210579 by ran429
Replied by ran429 on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
Get crazy!
Name it acid! :blink:
Attachments:

More
02 May 2008 21:14 #210810 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
Nice work. The rear-sets are very cool. I went on that link to check the rear-sets out; that is a good deal for new rear-sets! Those don't have roller-bearings in them, do they? And what is the "action" like: meaning, how smooth are they...I'm just in shock with how in-expensive those things are. Anyway, your opinion would be greatly appreciated!
Again, nice work,
-KR

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

More
03 May 2008 12:31 - 03 May 2008 12:33 #210896 by badboie
Bad Kaw wrote:

Nice work. The rear-sets are very cool. I went on that link to check the rear-sets out; that is a good deal for new rear-sets! Those don't have roller-bearings in them, do they? And what is the "action" like: meaning, how smooth are they...I'm just in shock with how in-expensive those things are. Anyway, your opinion would be greatly appreciated!
Again, nice work,
-KR

Well to say they do have roller bearings in them would be a lie because I didn't take them apart when I got them. I haven't been able to test the smoothness yet.... still working on the bike, just needs to be painted and carbs rebuilt. But from what I can tell by just siting on it and running through the gears its feels great!. And yeah i know! It was a great deal for them, I couldn't belive it when i saw it I scrolled right past it thinking that was the starting bid but went back and saw it was a "buy it now" price. I jumped right on it for sure lol. now I have an extra set of vortex rearsets that I need to get rid of. The reason I didn't use them is because they are a bit banged up and the pegs are missed matched. With a little work they would be in great shape and would look nice. I WILL HAVE A BUNCH OF STUFF FOR SELL ONCE I'M DONE WITH MY BIKE. I'm not selling anything as of yet becase if I need anything that I took off then i will still have it later on. Like I always say, "messure twice, cut once."
Last edit: 03 May 2008 12:33 by badboie.