Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd

More
28 May 2007 20:07 #144415 by badboie
Replied by badboie on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
themachine wrote:

is he going to spray a dull clear on it? or is it just single stage?

Who knows.. he said he had it and it would work. he has been painting for 30 some years now so I'm guessing he knows what he is doing. He could have mixed some flattener into the pain or had a saten black with a dull clear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2007 22:08 #144753 by badboie
So I picked up my paint today. I went with something a bit different then I had talked about befor. I was looking through their paint sample books and I noticed they had a nice flat metalic black that caught my eye. So I got 2 quarts of that and mixed in a blue pearl. Beautiful paint I must say. Its still going to be flat or dull paint but its going to change colors in the light. I think its going to be bad ass :evil: Paint this weekend... I can't effin wait! So keep your panties on, pictures areacommin :woohoo:

More
03 Jun 2007 22:39 #146082 by badboie
update!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

SO, I had my bike painted yesterday and today and it looks soo good! I'm suprised at how well the pearl mixed in with the metalic flake. My exhaust comes in tomorrow and my seat next week. Here are some pictures:

I know you can't tell in the pictures but it really does shine when the light hits it right. It was kinda shady today and in that light it looks kinda gray but it is a flat/satin metalic black with blue pearl and when its in the sun, man does it shine! The color changes a bit when the light hits it at a different angle. :woohoo:

More
16 Jun 2007 19:16 #150073 by badboie
well here it is, another update on my progression. We're working on the last thing left... the seat. After that we will take her in and get her tuned. Pictures follow:

seatpan:

new mirrors:

My modded BUEL flyscreen, just cut the holes out to fit over the lights. I like it:

Side shot:

With me on it:

So we decided to shine up the paint. I think it looks better shiney, it brings out the flake better. But this is what it looks like as of today. All thats left is getting my custom seat made, compleat tune up, tighten the chain and drive it. B)

Post edited by: badboie, at: 2007/06/17 00:08

Post edited by: badboie, at: 2007/06/17 04:07

More
16 Jun 2007 20:17 #150103 by ridingraven
Replied by ridingraven on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
hey, nice job! I love your paint. pretty creative.
my son, husband, and I are working on my '83 kz750 twin ltd. it's a project! I'm looking forward to being able to ride soon. I'm doing paint soon. I've got purple with a turquoise that has lilac mica in it. I just bought a sidecar for it too so that needs to be painted as well. can't wait to get out there and ride!
congrats on the great job. hope you enjoy the bike for a long time.

More
17 Jun 2007 22:22 #150326 by badboie
opinion needed.. I was thinking about putting on a belly pan, should I or not? I just can't seem to fnd one that is made for the KZ or one that is universal. I saw someone on here with one and thats where I got the idea. What do you think? :huh:

More
18 Jun 2007 12:14 #150610 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
Personally, in my opinion. Don't get one.
They look good on some bikes. But not with the LTD style tank (I have the same bike).

If you still want to look for one, the have generic ones at denniskirk.com for about $110.00

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

More
09 Jul 2007 21:58 #155834 by badboie
The wait its finnaly over!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: B) :evil: :cheer: :sick:

My bike is done for the summer... my next project is already in the planes... but that will be this winter. Anywho, here are the last 3 pictures I took today of my finished mike. The seat is all custom made and well Lets just say I have less then 2000 bucks in this bike all together from the money spent to buy the bike to the money spent to make my seat. Hope you all like it. Now its on to the engine overhaul. 810cc baby here I come!

More
10 Jul 2007 09:31 #155926 by 77Davo650
Replied by 77Davo650 on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
that seat turned out pretty nice!

77 KZ650 C1 (sold)
78 KZ650 B2 (sold)
78 KZ400 B1 (sold)
78 kz400 C1 (resto-mod)
78 kz400 C1 (hardtail low chop)
couple of possible project kz's in parts

More
10 Jul 2007 09:32 #155927 by 77Davo650
Replied by 77Davo650 on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
that seat turned out pretty nice!

77 KZ650 C1 (sold)
78 KZ650 B2 (sold)
78 KZ400 B1 (sold)
78 kz400 C1 (resto-mod)
78 kz400 C1 (hardtail low chop)
couple of possible project kz's in parts

More
11 Jul 2007 11:49 #156165 by conpewter
Replied by conpewter on topic Badboie's Bike Project. KZ 750ltd
Wow I really like the final look you have there. I have a similar year KZ750LTD and may do some of the same modifications. I think the color you came up with in the end will really be nice, especially out in a lot of sun.

Really nice set up.

More
29 Nov 2007 21:46 #183172 by badboie
well its that time of the year again and its about time to start on the next phase of my project.

here is how she sits now:

so what next is to get my frame powder coated, widen my swingarm, bigger rim and tire, engine rebuild, lower my front forks and spray some clear coat. not looking forward to the engine rebuild but I already won some carbs on ebay yesterday (sorry if anyone way bidding on them) so i guess its going ok... anywho, phase 2 is underway and I'll keep you all posted. :dry: B)

p.s. I submitted my bike to 2wheel Tuner Magazine... you should vote for me lol here is the link to my page. please vote... dont you want to see an older kawi kick some ass over the newer bikes? I might get a spread in their magazine if I get enought votes.

CLICK THIS LINK OR ELSE :evil: :evil:

Post edited by: badboie, at: 2007/11/30 00:51