...from the land of OZ

More
04 Jun 2017 18:10 - 04 Jun 2017 18:11 #763550 by new2kzs
...from the land of OZ was created by new2kzs
I had some trouble getting "registered" here, but here I am finally. I picked up a 1980 KZ1000 (ST?) ...shaft drive.
Seems to Idle really low, to almost stall when warmed up. It has 2 into 2 pipes which I believe may be original. Pod filters, which I believe it has been jetted for. Runs great off idle. Strong mid and top end. I dumped it once in some hidden (at night) dry sand at a 4 way stop. There is a nut missing from #3 exhaust and I'm sure there is a slight leak there. Recently the popping on decel has gotten worse. It only pops in the right side pipe. Also, at low, to off idle there is slight popping back thru the carb(s) on the left side of the bike. It has 37K miles and I haven't done thing to it other than install Dyna coils. I also have a Dyna ignition set, but I have not installed. It already has electronic ignition installed.
I'd like to completely rebuild the engine with APE's parts i.e. big block kit w cams , head, and carbs etc. The bike is fast, but I really need it to keep up with modern bikes.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jun 2017 18:11 by new2kzs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
04 Jun 2017 18:40 #763552 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic ...from the land of OZ
Valve adjustment and carb sync. Oh and a 8mm nut.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: new2kzs

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
04 Jun 2017 18:49 #763553 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic ...from the land of OZ
Welcome to KZR
You have lots of good folks in OZ who can steer you to good resources for upgrading your bike .
Look up some of our past BOTM riders who hail from OZ
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: new2kzs

More
05 Jun 2017 05:27 #763573 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic ...from the land of OZ
Welcome

There are a few of you on here from down under. I know of at least one in Brisbane that has a KZ1000E. Apparently, those bikes are pretty rare down there. We went to great lengths to get a few parts to him off a bike I'm parting out.

I still have a few parts if you need them and there is at least one other here that is also parting one out.

More
05 Jun 2017 16:40 #763660 by new2kzs
Replied by new2kzs on topic ...from the land of OZ
funny, I never knew "OZ" was a reference to anything Australian...I just googled it LOL!

I refer to Kansas as OZ....you know, "The Wizard of OZ"