Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

new KZ owner... 30 Jun 2006 14:35 #58328

• scorpio
  • scorpio's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello people, I'm Svilen from Bulgaria, and first, I want you to excuse me for my poor english :blush: .
I bought a kawasaki KZ750 just few days before. I'm not quite sure which model I have exactly, cause the bike is modified. The bike is in bad condition, so I took all apart to find out where the problems are. I'm gonna have lots of trouble making it run again :( The biggest problem is that it's almost impossible to find parts here :( But I really want to repair and ride this bike, so I hope I'll find cool people here, and maybe some of you will help me in my mission.
P.S. I disassembled the engine and now i know all the problems in it, but i'm not sure that this is the exact forum where i can tell you about...and even i'm not sure if there is anybody who wanna know about my problems ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

new KZ owner... 30 Jun 2006 15:15 #58343

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 436
Welcome to the site scorpio. I think you will find lots of help here.
For engine problems post in the "Engine" forum.

Did you find a lot of problems when you disassembled the engine ?
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

new KZ owner... 30 Jun 2006 16:34 #58355

• scorpio
  • User
Hi JR,
Yes, lots of problems :( One warp piston connecting rod, two pistons to be replaced, warp crankshaft...need also piston rings, gaskets, oil level sensor, new tachometer, new handles, speedometer cable...manu smaller things...but first three are critical :(

new KZ owner... 30 Jun 2006 18:36 #58370

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome scorpio.

Sounds like you have some work ahead of you. Find yourself a manual for your bike. Ebay can be a source of parts for you.

Do you have a 4 cylinder or 2 cylinder? Give us a picture if you can.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

new KZ owner... 30 Jun 2006 23:28 #58439

• scorpio
  • User
Yes, rstnick, this is not the first engine i'm going to repair (but this is my second motorcycle engine, and first japan one). I've already downloaded the service manual. The bike have four cylinder engine. I forgot to make a picture of the bike before i got it disassembled :( , so you all will see it when it is done (sooner or later). I can take just pics of different parts now...if somebody wanna see how a bend piston rod looks like - just tell me :)

Post edited by: scorpio, at: 2006/07/01 02:30

new KZ owner... 01 Jul 2006 00:43 #58441

• tganek
  • Visitor
hey Scorpio!
We LOVE pictures around here! Pictures of just about anything.

Also it helps to put the model and year of your KZ750 in your signature line along with your location. This will help when people try to answer your questions and when you are looking for specific parts.

This is a great group of people who love to help out. So don't hesitate to ask.

new KZ owner... 01 Jul 2006 03:10 #58448

• scorpio
  • User
tganek, I'll make some pictures, I promise...maybe tomorrow. I know that I must add info about my bike in the signature, but as I said above, I don't know what is the exact model of my bike. I saw there is an identification program in one official kawasaki wabsite. I have to provide my VIN and it tells what is the model, but they want a 17 digit VIN there, and I saw only a smaller number stamped on the steering stem. I guess there must be a label or something but it is gone, just the number stamped in the metal left on the steering neck. If I provide this number (well, there are letters also) and the engine number, can somebody tell me what model is this bike exactly ?

new KZ owner... 01 Jul 2006 03:47 #58450

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
scorpio wrote:

tganek, I'll make some pictures, I promise...maybe tomorrow. I know that I must add info about my bike in the signature, but as I said above, I don't know what is the exact model of my bike. I saw there is an identification program in one official kawasaki wabsite. I have to provide my VIN and it tells what is the model, but they want a 17 digit VIN there, and I saw only a smaller number stamped on the steering stem. I guess there must be a label or something but it is gone, just the number stamped in the metal left on the steering neck. If I provide this number (well, there are letters also) and the engine number, can somebody tell me what model is this bike exactly ?

Yes. Welcome to KZR:) Many people here will be able to assist you and there is at least one other member from Bulgaria!
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

new KZ owner... 02 Jul 2006 14:29 #58751

• scorpio
  • User
Here I've posted several pics as I promised above, you can see some of the things I have to deal with:
This is the warp piston's connection rod as i found it...the bike ran 50 km from another town to the one iIlive in with it's engine in this bad condition (I was not riding it at this time and it was not possible to know that the situation with the engine is that bad).

This are two of the pistons - covered with thick carbon layer, because the engine burns too much oil during to old valve oil seals and worn piston rings. The other 2 pistons are too big (without the needed clearence between the cylinder and the piston) for these cylinders, seems that the person who installed them before have no idea how to do this right. I saw many things in this engine that were made from inexperienced "mechanic"...for example on the engine head's gasket was added too much liquid gasket and the two oil paths that lead oil under pressure to the camshafts were obstructed, the oil was reaching the camshafts only through the big hole for the chain that drives the camshafts. And there were many more things like this...

This is what left from the oil level sensor (it is placed on the oil pan just to cover the hole there):

If somebody have a picture of this oil level sensor - please show it to me...I guess there is something at the center of the sensor that is broken in the one I have.
The original IC ignitioner is replaced by some other kind (maybe from a car). Please, if somebody can take a picture of it, show me how does the original one look.

I guess the original pick-up coils have been changed also - again - show me a pic of original if you can.

The oil radiator with at about 40% smashed surface:

This is the speedo/tachometer case...unfortuantely the tachometer is not working too, i'll try to repare the circuit but we'll see what will happen...

And at last - the frame, the way it looks now:

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Post edited by: scorpio, at: 2006/07/02 18:17

new KZ owner... 02 Jul 2006 15:21 #58766

• wireman
  • Visitor
scorpio wrote:

Here I've posted several pics as I promised above, you can see some of the things I have to deal with:
This is the warp piston's connection rod as i found it...the bike ran 50 km from another town to the one iIlive in with it's engine in this bad condition (I was not riding it at this time and it was not possible to know that the situation with the engine is that bad).
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624717-full.jpg[/img]
This are two of the pistons - covered with thick carbon layer, because the engine burns too much oil during to old valve oil seals and worn piston rings. The other 2 pistons are too big (without the needed clearence between the cylinder and the piston) for these cylinders, seems that the person who installed them before have no idea how to do this right. I saw many things in this engine that were made from inexperienced "mechanic"...for example on the engine head's gasket was added too much liquid gasket and the two oil paths that lead oil under pressure to the camshafts were obstructed, the oil was reaching the camshafts only through the big hole for the chain that drives the camshafts. And there were many more things like this...
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624725-full.jpg[/img]
This is what left from the oil level sensor (it is placed on the oil pan just to cover the hole there):
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624731-full.jpg[/img]
If somebody have a picture of this oil level sensor - please show it to me...I guess there is something at the center of the sensor that is broken in the one I have.
The original IC ignitioner is replaced by some other kind (maybe from a car). Please, if somebody can take a picture of it, show me how does the original one look.
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624727-full.jpg[/img]
I guess the original pick-up coils have been changed also - again - show me a pic of original if you can.
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624728-full.jpg[/img]
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624723-full.jpg[/img]
This is the speedo/tachometer case...unfortuantely the tachometer is not working too, i'll try to repare the circuit but we'll see what will happen...
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624722-full.jpg[/img]
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624732-full.jpg[/img]
Thank you in advance for your comments.<br><br>Post edited by: scorpio, at: 2006/07/02 18:17

hey it looks like one of my projects!:P thats a pretty impressive rod,looks like it got hydrauliced(spell check please!!!!!!!:P :P )welcome to z-jungle!goodluck,happy wrenching!

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/07/02 19:40
Attachments:

new KZ owner... 02 Jul 2006 15:21 #58767

• wireman
  • Visitor
scorpio wrote:

w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624728-full.jpg[/img]
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624723-full.jpg[/img]
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624722-full.jpg[/img]
w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624732-full.jpg[/img]
Thank you in advance for your comments.<br><br>Post edited by: scorpio, at: 2006/07/02 18:17

hey it looks like one of my projects!:P thats a pretty impressive rod,looks like it got hydrauliced(spell check please!!!!!!!:P :P )welcome to z-jungle!goodluck,happy wrenching!

new KZ owner... 02 Jul 2006 15:21 #58768

• wireman
  • Visitor
scorpio wrote:

w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C07%5C02% /2006%5C07%5C02%5Cbikepics-624732-full.jpg[/img]

hey it looks like one of my projects!:P thats a pretty impressive rod,looks like it got hydrauliced(spell check please!!!!!!!:P :P )welcome to z-jungle!goodluck,happy wrenching!oops i fell asleep on the button again!help nurse!!!

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/07/02 18:22