What have I found?

More
29 Jan 2011 18:24 #426904 by lcc
Replied by lcc on topic What have I found?
[/img]
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2011 18:24 #426905 by lcc
[/img]
Attachments:

More
29 Jan 2011 18:25 #426906 by lcc
[/img]
Attachments:

More
29 Jan 2011 18:26 #426907 by lcc
[/img]
Attachments:

More
29 Jan 2011 18:39 #426914 by notaduc
Replied by notaduc on topic What have I found?
so did you buy it?

If not tell me where it is, Ill be there tomorrow.

1980 (mostly) KZ1000

More
29 Jan 2011 18:40 #426916 by lcc
OK, so there are today's pics! When I went to get it he had not found the title but had "lost title" paperwork with him. His wife works at NC DMV so it shouldn't be one of those long issues.

It's all there, I just don't know the ultimate shape it's all in. I just realized I don't have a pic of the tank. It's blue, with rust bubbling up, has a small ding in it, but it's something to put on it until I decide what to do with it.

He believes the kit was something around 1127cc??? The crank was already a Vance and Hines piece but when they put the big bore kit and jugs on he lacked .175 ??? of the piston reaching tdc so the stroker crank went in. He said the head is a full-on race spec...flowed, valves, everything done by Gann Racing. Transmission gears have been undercut. He went into further detail down to the wrist pins that he chose for the build and why....he's crazy about engines, being a car drag racer. I have no choice but to believe him.

I told him everyone on here was helping get me excited enough to buy it. I told him if I decide not to take on the project I may wind up selling it. He swears that when I get it fired I won't want to sell it. He lights up with excitement about how special this thing is...but on the other hand he's not more than $400 excited! He is offering to help me get it going if I have any trouble. We will see.

So...I told you it was a garage special. It's dusty. It's old. These things I already know. So, what do you think? Be nice. And remember I got the Harbor Freight lift along with it!

• stonemaster
  • Visitor
29 Jan 2011 18:55 #426921 by stonemaster
Replied by stonemaster on topic What have I found?
nice deal, the title story sounds like total BS in my opinion, I heard that one before. in NC private contractors run the tag/title offices, they send in paper work and issue tags and thats about it, they dont have any say or influence at the DMV, that all happens in Raliegh, run the VIN period through NCIC, u can call the NC State patrol and they'll help, Now the tag office will have the number to the DMV inspector, he/she inspects for vintage titles, manufactured titles and the like, u could call them for assistance as well,

More
29 Jan 2011 18:56 #426922 by lcc
I'll include a not-so-good pic of my other project. It's a 1994 Sportster 883 Hugger that I inherited when my father died in January 2007. I've done some paint work, added some chrome here and there, chromed the wheels, installed SE 1200cc jugs and pistons and a few other things.

I'm not near done with it. It has a knock somewhere I think in the top end. Haven't searched for it yet. I've just got back on my feet...surgery on my neck 12/8/10...today is my 6th day with no neck brace. I'll get to it. I'd like to make it a little bit stronger if I have to go inside. I have lots more plans for it. This one I'll be keeping forever. [/img]
Attachments:

More
29 Jan 2011 19:01 #426925 by lcc
I agree, stonemaster. I'm a skeptic. Fortunately this guy is my client (I'm his Insurance Agent..boo hiss...forgive me...we aren't all bad) so I trust him more than I would the average Joe. He swears there is a title but that between he and his brother's houses and moves it isn't where it was last alleged to be.

It's a good thing his wife works at DMV, though. As long as it DOESN'T come back stolen or anything it shouldn't be a hassle.

• stonemaster
  • Visitor
29 Jan 2011 19:04 #426928 by stonemaster
Replied by stonemaster on topic What have I found?
hahaha so she works at the License office or the Tag office ??, BIG DIFFERENCE, If she works at the License Office she does works for the DMV but they dont handle titles and tags anymore.

More
29 Jan 2011 19:10 #426931 by lcc
stonemaster, you are correct. I apologize. She works at the license plate agency, not the DMV. At least she's versed in this type of thing. I'll keep you posted on this saga as it unfolds.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
29 Jan 2011 19:14 #426934 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic What have I found?
I wouldn't be too worried about the title. Looks like you got your money's worth in parts. If you couldn't get it straight, then just get another frame with a title, and hang your parts on there. I think a KZ frame with title is about $100. Or you could just make a drag bike out of it.

BTW that's a pretty sharp looking sporty that you inherited. I like the paint job, but then I'm rather partial to blue and white bikes.

I wouldn't mind having that lift either. If I only had the space.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN