Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZr Video Clip Thread 22 Mar 2016 07:34 #716723

• GPzMOD750
  • GPzMOD750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
So how about a thread to play clips from your bike and helmet cams that are cool, fun, amazing, funny or otherwise interesting. Let's keep then short and sweet like 5 min. max. Let's just limit it to ones you or your riding buddies have taken, not just random postings from YouTube, etc.

I'll get the ball rolling. My first real ride this season, just over a min of me getting overtaken by an early 60s Ranchero and then getting my toes tickled by the tarmac in a chicane turn at the next intersection.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZr Video Clip Thread 22 Mar 2016 07:47 #716728

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
I started the bike cam thread in hopes others would join in. I guess it doesn't really matter in fact it might be better if each one is seperate. Time doesn't matter ether. If it's too long, then the viewer can just move on.
Steve

KZr Video Clip Thread 22 Mar 2016 08:03 #716733

• GPzMOD750
  • User

swest wrote: I started the bike cam thread in hopes others would join in. I guess it doesn't really matter in fact it might be better if each one is seperate. Time doesn't matter ether. If it's too long, then the viewer can just move on.
Steve

I follow that thread. I guess it isn't clear others are invited to post. No one appreciates a thread-jacking. I'll post my next vid that's longer than 5 over there next time.

KZr Video Clip Thread 22 Mar 2016 08:16 #716736

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
You're fine with your own thread. Mine is getting long anyway and tastes might be different to other people. Bike type etc.
Steve

KZr Video Clip Thread 22 Mar 2016 17:21 #716825

• GPzMOD750
  • User
Next installment:

There are 3 main routes I can take between work and home with about 3 variations of each all roughly the same amount of time and distance.. I usually stick to one unless I have to deviate due to errands or traffic, etc. One of the primary alternate routes has the last full clover-leaf exchange left in the general vicinity. Which I hardly ever take since it leads towards the city center and usually thicker traffic.

There is one exception, when I'm MC mounted and I can see as I approach that there aren't any slow or large vehicles on the ramp. Then this happens.

I haven't done all 4 leaves on the GPz, yet. I used to do it all the time 20+ years ago on my BMW but it was much easier to find it without slow moving traffic. It felt scarier on the Beamer and I'm sure I didn't do it as fast. I really like my Kwaker.
Attachments:

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

KZr Video Clip Thread 04 May 2016 15:42 #724579

• GPzMOD750
  • User
I went up Big Cottonwood canyon and hit no interference at the S-curves.

Attachments:

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

KZr Video Clip Thread 09 May 2016 13:26 #725380

• Ed_in_Miami
  • User
  • Thank you received: 46
Thumbs up on your youtube page :)
This is my build:
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/600312-ano...rtment-build?start=0
There are many more like it, but this one is mine... news to come!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPzMOD750

KZr Video Clip Thread 09 May 2016 17:55 #725428

• GPzMOD750
  • User
Thanks,

I was probably at least a gear high hitting the second curve but this is the first itme I've had a clear shot at these turns on this bike. Hopefully, I wont have to wait too long before i get another chance.

KZr Video Clip Thread 23 May 2016 08:34 #728016

• GPzMOD750
  • User
2 parter! I got a new camera so I wanted to try it out mounted a couple different ways. It's been raining for days so I took advantage of a gap

Part 1: I hit the full cloverleaf interchange. Went around it 1 3/4 times. Nothing spectacular but fun.

Part 2: I changed the mount a bit and (calmly) carried on. Nothing exciting or remarkable until I remembered a fun little road near home even though you can't go too fast. This is the first time I remember going in this direction as well. I had a bit of a panic stop at the end that locked up my rear and cut the engine.

KZr Video Clip Thread 23 May 2016 10:53 #728024

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Looks like fun. What kind did you get?
Steve

KZr Video Clip Thread 23 May 2016 11:39 #728027

• missionkz
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 184
50mph in a 25mph residential neighborhood around here is a mandatory court case, reckless driving ticket and if a prick cop....go-to-jail! LOL
Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

KZr Video Clip Thread 23 May 2016 15:29 #728090

• GPzMOD750
  • User

missionkz wrote: 50mph in a 25mph residential neighborhood around here is a mandatory court case, reckless driving ticket and if a prick cop....go-to-jail! LOL

That's one thing I don't like about the mount set up. Seeing the speedo is distracting and the angle makes it look like you are going faster than you actually are. I wasn't going any faster than 35-40. Speed limits here aren't adhered too very much by anyone but if you do get nailed you are screwed. Of course being on a bike attracts attention. I was trying to be a bit more cautious of my speed than usual but it's down hill and this bile likes to run.

One of the reasons for the rear lock up at the end was that the car in front of me was riding ass. The front car decided to pull off just after the turn and take its time getting out of the way. i was checking my speed and my mirrors preparing for the upcoming intersection when it happened. He was stopped dead when I looked forward again.....