Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

BEWARE of Partzilla 05 Sep 2015 08:39 #688747

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
I left a note for my PO carrier to hold my mail. I got a notice my head gasket is waiting for me at the post office. I'll be back from Oregon on Monday and pick it up on the way home. I don't trust the others.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BEWARE of Partzilla 05 Sep 2015 09:46 #688754

• 82KZ305Belt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35
Well THIS is a timely thread. I ordered my carb boots from Partzilla and it was supposedly processed by USPS yesterday. if it isn't here Tuesday I'll start worrying

BEWARE of Partzilla 05 Sep 2015 14:42 #688784

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265

Nessism wrote: After a few different emails throwing the problem back on me and the PO Partzilla now wants to replace the parts. Problem is the parts I need are on national backorder so who knows if they will ever come back in stock. At any rate, they have changed their tune somewhat which is a positive step. Maybe the fact that I told them I'd be sharing my experience on the motorcycle forums I frequent had an influence? One thing is clear at this point: getting your hands on certain OEM parts is getting much harder. Between Kawasaki discontinuing a lot of parts, retailers with somewhat questionable customer service, and the various delivery services throwing a monkey wrench at times it's becoming quite an adventure.

Good to hear they are gonna work with you on your parts (3 or 4 orders for me have gone well) but I know what you mean on the back ordered KZ stuff ...... the starter clutch stuff I needed was a nightmare till I got it all sorted out.
1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

BEWARE of Partzilla 06 Sep 2015 17:43 #688915

• 82KZ305Belt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35
My parts came 3 days early so thumbs up for Partzilla on this order

BEWARE of Partzilla 29 Sep 2015 05:11 #692466

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
A man came to my house yesterday and handed me the lost package. The PO delivered the parts to his house instead of mine. I didn't ask him why it took so long but whatever, I've got the parts now.

Partzilla has refunded me for the parts and made a fair effort to make me happy. I've contacted them and told them the parts are found and to please go ahead and recharge my card. With hindsite I'd have to say they have been fair during this whole endeavor and I'd order from them again. That said, Bike Bandit is much faster, but more expensive.

BEWARE of Partzilla 29 Sep 2015 05:17 #692469

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I need carb holders for my 33's. Any suggestions?
Steve

BEWARE of Partzilla 01 Oct 2015 05:07 #692766

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
Comparing Bike Bandit to Partzilla

- Partzilla pricing for the damper part is $2.99, Bike Bandit $4.78 (8 parts needed so in the end the difference is significant).

- Bike Bandit gets the parts to me in roughly 1/2 the time compared to Partzilla.

- Partzilla said the parts are on national backorder and that I'd have to wait (time unknown).

- Bike Bandit sent me 4 parts in one order, then 2 parts in another shipment, then the last 2 in yet another shipment. They only charged me one time for shipping ($8.59). They got me the parts when Partzilla couldn't.

- Bike Bandit sent me 2 parts in the last shipment when the invoice stated 1. According to Bike Bandit's system they still owe me one part. I went on-line to send them a note telling them to cancel the backorder on the past part when I noticed that they canceled the order themselves. Good thing I don't need the parts anymore.

BEWARE of Partzilla 01 Oct 2015 05:31 #692772

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
All this is good to know. I just ordered my carb holders from Diablo Cycle. They're in Canada so it will take a while for them to come. If I had waited, I would have gotten better ones for about $25 more and Quicker.
Pays to do your home work. B)
Steve

BEWARE of Partzilla 01 Oct 2015 05:33 #692774

• Kidkawie
  • User
  • I bleed premix
  • Thank you received: 245
You can't blame Partzilla for what UPS and Fedex do. It's makes sense for UPS and Fedex to use USPS to make the final delivery as it saves them time and money. They've been doing it for years BTW. Your issue was your postman sent your package to the wrong address. I'm in a business park and the building numbers don't make sense at all, so I get some stuff delivered to the wrong business. Usually a phone call to the postmaster solves the problem. Has nothing to do with Partzilla.
1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

Last edit: by Kidkawie.

BEWARE of Partzilla 01 Oct 2015 05:42 #692777

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
The FED EX driver kept two of my orders in one day. Accused me of lying. Opened a claim and got my two orders from two different suppliers. Now they say my address doesn't exist. I heard the driver was fired but no notification from FED EX. USPS is my preferred carrier.
Steve